Pass side seat heater not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pass side seat heater not working

I got my 03 CLS in the spring and never checked the passenger side seat heater but now its getting cold in Jerz and my gf was bitching about the heated seat not working. The high & low lights come on and the seat itself works just not the heater. I'm not really familiar with this car I havent messed with it since I got it but I am mechincaly inclined. I've redone interiors. I've got hog rings and hog ring pliers but I'd rather not have to take the seat apart if I dont have to. Is there anything else that could be wrong esides the heater itself. Could it be a fuse or something. Since all of you seem to know a lot about this car if someone could give me a heads up on any suggestions I'd appreciate it.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:13 AM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by H's gray 03 CL type S
I got my 03 CLS in the spring and never checked the passenger side seat heater but now its getting cold in Jerz and my gf was bitching about the heated seat not working. The high & low lights come on and the seat itself works just not the heater. I'm not really familiar with this car I havent messed with it since I got it but I am mechincaly inclined. I've redone interiors. I've got hog rings and hog ring pliers but I'd rather not have to take the seat apart if I dont have to. Is there anything else that could be wrong esides the heater itself. Could it be a fuse or something. Since all of you seem to know a lot about this car if someone could give me a heads up on any suggestions I'd appreciate it.
also do you have an ohm meter to check the resistence of the seat heater element

and do you know how to soldler, if so you can proably fix it yourself, just look up the $3 seat heater fix, it should be exacrtly the same as the driver side just on the opposite side
btw it is proably a burnt out element which is fixable
Old 12-05-2009, 02:59 PM
I Drive Like A Dick 8≈

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts
I would check the fuse first, its under the dash on the drivers side. but most likely its burnt out, I recently did mine and it burnt out again in less than a month... our elements really suck

ALSO if you decide to fix it, try extending the element out to the sides and let me know how it goes.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:48 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
just fixed my driver seat heater in my tl. not hard at all.