One Washer Nozzle Not Working/Removal of Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 03:04 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One Washer Nozzle Not Working/Removal of Cover

After not using the windshield washers for awhile, I now notice that the passenger side does not squirt fluid. I searched the forums and someone suggested cleaning the nozzle with a pin. I tried but no change. I then disconnected the hose at the connector under the hood and used compressed air in the hose that connects to both nozzles, but it still does not work. But the area around the nozzle under the black plastic cover seems wet. Two questions: Does anyone have any other suggestions for clearing the nozzle? Secondly, I tried removing the small black plastic cover that covers the nozzle connections by pulling on the cover thinking it would just snap off but it doesn't. I want to see where the fluid is coming from since there appears to be some leakage in that area. I'm afraid of breaking the plastic cover. Any suggestions for removal of the cover? And if it does break, is the cover something that should be replaced or does it have a function other than just a cover?
Old 07-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
I think you need to take off the whole insulation under the hood to easily see the hoses. Just use a trim tool remover or wire stripper under the black pins holding the liner in.
I remember I had a bunch of junk inside the hoses that clogged them up.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aznboi2424
I think you need to take off the whole insulation under the hood to easily see the hoses. Just use a trim tool remover or wire stripper under the black pins holding the liner in.
I remember I had a bunch of junk inside the hoses that clogged them up.
In my situation, I didn't have to remove the hood insulation. My CL, which has the original hoses and connectors, had the broken hose connector just about 3 inches from the nozzle. You just follow the hose from the nozzle for a couple of inches with your fingers and you may find that's where it's broken. In my situation, and in the situation described above, our hoses are clear as fluid flows through the hoses but just up to the broken connector. That's why the area of the connector is all wet. The photo below describes it all as it shows where the broken connector in relation to the nozzle. There is still a broken piece inside of the hose shown, and the other end of the hose was connected to the nozzle.
Attached Thumbnails One Washer Nozzle Not Working/Removal of Cover-img_2213.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
01acls (07-11-2015)