Navigation system problem - icon spinning

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 08:43 AM
metalguitarist.org

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Navigation system problem - icon spinning

Hi folks, new guy here, picked up a 2001 CL Type-S last night and so far so good.

I'm having a small issue with the nav that popped up this morning, and a search on "spinning" and "navigation icon" didn't show anything, so here goes.

This morning, my Nav was working just fine. I keep it zoomed all of the way in on the map (if that matters). Anyhow, I swapped to the AC control screen to change up the heater controls, and when I switched back to the map, it seemed as though the system couldn't tell which direction the car was facing. My GPS position was updating, and the road information/highway routes, etc were working, but the vehicle icon would constantly spin in circles. As such, the map software would keep switching perspectives.

Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, how do I soft-reset it? I noticed that the splash screen said something about a gyro-somethingorother (Pardon my forgetting the word, it's early and I've had zero coffee so far today), but I assume that it's purpose is to determine the direction that the car is actually facing.

Turning the ignition off and back on set it back to normal, non-disco mode, but if it happens again I'm hoping that turning my car off on the highway isn't the only way to go about remedying it.

Any insight would be muchly appreciated.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:38 AM
metalguitarist.org

Happened again today in the same spot. It seems that the GPS loses it's signal right there, but never tries to reaquire it until I restart it (turn the car off and on).

Is there a way to manually reset it?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:46 AM
SOLD 9/11/06 Parts 4 Sale

i never heard of this... you can manualy reset is by going to the diagnostics screen. You do this by pressing menu+map+cancel i think in that order and hold it untill the diagnostics screen appears then look for the reset opton.... im not 100% sure on the buttons but i know thats how you reset it without having to turn the car off.... another thing you can try is shutting it down manualy... press settings (near the clock) and press off then ou will be in the screen with the starts....after that press shut down... then turn it back on...
Let me know how it goes...
Rudin
Old 12-14-2005, 10:00 AM
metalguitarist.org

I'll give that a shot the next time it happens - thank you very much.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:16 PM
metalguitarist.org

No luck, happened again on the way home, same exact spot. I think I have to be stationary for the GPS to get a solid fix to reset, it's the only thing I can think of.