HELP!! CT Ice Box Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP!! CT Ice Box Install

First, I'm driving a CLS 6 speed. I just got the Ice Box today and couldn't wait to install. I haven't done a CAI in a long time but the last time, I don't remember the instructions being a little hazy.

Everything is installed however, I'm confused about my breather hose and coolant hose. Step #1 of the instructions back when I began said I should disconnect hoses (A) from air inlet tube. Did that. Then it said replace coolant line (B) w/supplied hose securing with stock spring clamp.

1st question:

Do you reuse the stock coolant/breather hose assembly? It doesn't say that in the instructions and it doesn't show it being used in the final install picture.

2nd question:

If not reusing the stock assembly, I'm still with one hose not connected to anything.

Yes I searched but all those threads I found, the pictures aren't on the posts anymore.

If anyone has any install advise, please let me know. I'll have my laptop by my side in my garage still thinking WTF
Old 11-15-2009, 08:41 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
are you talking about the hose coming from the front valve cover??

If so the intake should come with a new hose to run from the front right side of the valve cover, to the intake. My Injen one did. I removed the METAL DOUBLE hose thingy, and then used the parts supplied by the intake manufacturer.

Hopefully that helps you out.

Then the hose coming from the IACV attaches to the other part of the intake...

I took a video for you just now.... and posted it on photobucket.

http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=MOV00077.flv

lemme know how everything turns out for ya.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
are you talking about the hose coming from the front valve cover??

If so the intake should come with a new hose to run from the front right side of the valve cover, to the intake. My Injen one did. I removed the METAL DOUBLE hose thingy, and then used the parts supplied by the intake manufacturer.

Hopefully that helps you out.

Then the hose coming from the IACV attaches to the other part of the intake...

I took a video for you just now.... and posted it on photobucket.

http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=MOV00077.flv

lemme know how everything turns out for ya.
I slept on it and figured it out the next morning. Thanks for responding though. I was talking about the hose that is connected to the bottom of the throttle body. Being that I started the install late, my son was helping and he's 6 but gotta start'em young, it took a lot longer to do and I was tired thus too frustrated to think straight. Got up at 6 in the morning, took a quick look at what I was missing and finished it up.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:50 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

how did that work for you?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Instructor

Interesting, I replied earlier but none of my text is there.

Anyhow, I figured it out the next morning. Woke up at 6 and went straight to the garage. I couldn't figure out that night, where the hose that connects under the throttle body went. Instructions had me pull out that stock assembly that 3 hoses went into but I only had two new hoses.
In a nutshell, I got everything right and I got the coolant hose connected directly to the throttle body. Thanks again though!
Old 11-15-2009, 02:27 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

nice nice... yea I remember when i was about to install the intake on my car and I had never done an intake before thinking it's straight forward no worries. then i got out the instruction manual and was like.. wowa, lil more than I expected with the hoses going all over the place.

Then I had a Corona, and looked at the diagram again and everything made sense.

I even took the whole front bumper off to make sure I didn't have any clearance issues (this is B4 I used Azine, or else I'd know I didn't have to do that). and it was all said and done in less than 1 hr.

lol, anyhooo... Cheers