Driver's side window regulator, wrong part? Hack job by random mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver's side window regulator, wrong part? Hack job by random mechanic

Hello enthusiasts,

I recently acquired a Red 6-speed CL and the window regulator was replaced. It was my brother's car before and he had someone work on it since he didn't have the time to do this himself and from what my bro says, the window did work for most of the time that he had the car but it stopped working shortly after the replacement.

The person that was supposed to replace my regulator did a hack job with the wiring and purchased the wrong (assumed) regulator with the incorrect pin format to fit my car's loom/harness. So from here I inspected his work and I noticed that he didn't use any solder or any sort of electrical shielding which allowed for two cables to short . I'm not an electrition by any means but I can put together a guitar so I'm thinking something got fried... but I am an optimist soooo I soldered the two wires that were hardline connected to the reg. together and put some proper shielding around both of these wires, and silicone paste. He also used part of my old regulator's wiring harness so that it would fit to my door harness because I think he got the wrong regulator and relized but then tried to isntall it anyway.......

Here's my problem since I have tasked myself with dealing with this mess/dilemma.. I can't find any window regulators with the correct pin layout that would actually fit my loom. I have a 6 pin molex type connector in my loom/harness and the replacement regulator only came with four cables leading to (again I am assuming) a four pin female molex to mate with the door harness/loom. Only four cables are present on the regulator that he got, no sign of two more.. I've looked for the same regulator with a six pin molex and I could not identify some off of certain websites and the only ones I could find were the 4 pin ones...

So here's what I need answered from my fellow enthusiasts:

1. Where can I find the correct regulator?
2. Did my regulator get roached by this short??
3. Can I make the one I currently have work???
3. What are the most reputable websites for researching parts on these cars???? Where to buy????

Here's some photo's for more reference.

This is what DOESN'T fit my loom but came on my new reg.

My male molex from my loom/harness on the door. Sorry for the lame quality, my iphone is lame.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,390 Posts
#2 or #7 on the link below will give you the OEM regulators with a part number to cross reference to aftermarket, if you desire.

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-p...or-window-scat

In addition, you could also search car-part.com for salvage yards in your vicinity for a wrecked CL. Maybe you could harvest a 'used' regulator/connector to remedy your problem.

Last edited by zeta; 07-07-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by zeta
#2 or #7 on the link below will give you the OEM regulators with a part number to cross reference to aftermarket, if you desire.

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-p...or-window-scat

In addition, you could also search car-part.com for salvage yards in your vicinity for a wrecked CL. Maybe you could harvest a 'used' regulator/connector to remedy your problem.
I should have mentioned I was talking about the Left hand door regulator. You helped me realize I forgot to mention that crucial detail!

With one glance it wasn't hard to determine my Regs authenticity.. Turns out it was a taiwanese part that didn't have the right pin connection.
Amazon Amazon

Actually going to get this, I think. Gotta ask them and make sure it's the right pin set:
NEW 2003 FITS ACURA CL WINDOW REGULATOR FRONT RIGHT PASSENGER SIDE 72210S3MA13 | eBay

Getting this as well because I am having IACV problems:
Amazon Amazon

Pretty disappointing since this dude charged a lot, even more that he didn't realize it wasn't the right part and then went ahead and tried to make it work. Probably doing more than he should've been. I'll have to buy the right part now that I've discovered the atrocities committed actually amounted to. So now it's time to put my window back, and shtuff with my computer until these sort of shiny new parts arrive.

Last edited by JL35; 07-07-2017 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Weird ending
Old 07-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,390 Posts
Originally Posted by JL35
I should have mentioned I was talking about the Left hand door regulator. You helped me realize I forgot to mention that crucial detail!

Actually going to get this, I think. Gotta ask them and make sure it's the right pin set:
NEW 2003 FITS ACURA CL WINDOW REGULATOR FRONT RIGHT PASSENGER SIDE 72210S3MA13 eBay
You are going to put a 'front right passenger side' regulator into the left hand door?

Originally Posted by JL35
Getting this as well because I am having IACV problems:
https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Moto.../dp/B000C7Z858
Here is a IACV DIY from another member, should you need it.

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...g-iacv-927263/
Old 07-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by zeta
You are going to put a 'front right passenger side' regulator into the left hand door?

Here is a IACV DIY from another member, should you need it.

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...g-iacv-927263/
Nah I forgot to change the link when I was editing don't worry they have the right one. I'm actually looking in other places too because I try to avoid ebay, but these people seem more legit than others.

As far as the IACV problem, it should fixed as long as the correct part comes in. AZ almost screwed me over with the wrong part that was supposed to fit but I was able to find that thread that you provided in another post I made should be good now.

I'm learning real fast how much of an enthusiast car these 6-speed CL really are... You have to do your own work otherwise you will get screwed over by people that don't know It ain't no accord at all.