Driver seat leather tear- Replace seat cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 10:27 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Driver seat leather tear- Replace seat cover

Bad tear on driver seat beyond repair or patching. Checked with OE cover. Expensive. Talked to local upholstery guy who quoted $450 for leather and $ 275 Vinyl seat cover.

If I buy OE seat cover, would I be able change it myself? How difficult it is?

Thanks
Old 10-25-2017, 07:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by nishant11
Bad tear on driver seat beyond repair or patching. Checked with OE cover. Expensive. Talked to local upholstery guy who quoted $450 for leather and $ 275 Vinyl seat cover.

If I buy OE seat cover, would I be able change it myself? How difficult it is?

Thanks
If you post a pic of the damaged area, I may be able to offer a less expensive solution.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by frankjnjr
If you post a pic of the damaged area, I may be able to offer a less expensive solution.
Here is a photo
Attached Thumbnails Driver seat leather tear- Replace seat cover-s.png  
Old 10-28-2017, 01:26 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Patch it yourself!

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...it-diy-963675/
Old 10-29-2017, 07:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nishant11
Here is a photo
What year is your car? Although the issue with your seat cushion is much worse the than the one i repaired on my 2003 TLS, I would attempt to approach your repair, in a similar way. In my experience, upholstery work is very expensive, when having it done professionally. My local shop quoted $325.00 to repair the seat cushion issue in my car, and that price was to repair it, not replace it. In general, DIY upholstery work is not easy, nor is removing the seat cushion cover. Acura parts sells the TLS seat cushion cover, part # 81531-S0K-A71ZA, for $308.00. My local pick-n-pull sells the complete seat for $31.23 + tax. Chances of finding a quality driver's cushion cover at a pick-n-pull, would be slim to none. I would buy a passenger seat, remove the cushion cover, and fabricate a patch panel from that. Acura lists different part numbers for driver and passenger covers, but I'm sure the passenger cover will work, for your sectional repair purposes. Another option would be to remove your existing cushion cover completely, and see if the passenger cover will fit properly. If the fit is Not doable, than just cut your patch panel, and repair the existing cover. (If you elect the patch panel method, know that it is much easier to do with the cover in place, on the seat, rather than off the seat. Note: Acura also lists patch panels, but there don't appear to be descriptions of exactly what type of panels they are.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Acura Seat Cover?

Originally Posted by frankjnjr
What year is your car? Although the issue with your seat cushion is much worse the than the one i repaired on my 2003 TLS, I would attempt to approach your repair, in a similar way. In my experience, upholstery work is very expensive, when having it done professionally. My local shop quoted $325.00 to repair the seat cushion issue in my car, and that price was to repair it, not replace it. In general, DIY upholstery work is not easy, nor is removing the seat cushion cover. Acura parts sells the TLS seat cushion cover, part # 81531-S0K-A71ZA, for $308.00. My local pick-n-pull sells the complete seat for $31.23 + tax. Chances of finding a quality driver's cushion cover at a pick-n-pull, would be slim to none. I would buy a passenger seat, remove the cushion cover, and fabricate a patch panel from that. Acura lists different part numbers for driver and passenger covers, but I'm sure the passenger cover will work, for your sectional repair purposes. Another option would be to remove your existing cushion cover completely, and see if the passenger cover will fit properly. If the fit is Not doable, than just cut your patch panel, and repair the existing cover. (If you elect the patch panel method, know that it is much easier to do with the cover in place, on the seat, rather than off the seat. Note: Acura also lists patch panels, but there don't appear to be descriptions of exactly what type of panels they are.
I need a stock seatcover for an 01 TLP...Can I order that?
Old 11-05-2017, 07:11 AM
Burning Brakes

FWIW: If you check Delray Acura OEM parts website, it appears you can order the cover you need. (
Cover, L Front Cushion Trim *NH167L* (Leather)(Tachi-S) (Graphite Black)
Part Number: 81531-S0K-A62ZB ) It's $303.60. This example is in the color, Graphite black, but all cushion cover trim is priced the same.
The following users liked this post:
Oakroadsteve (11-21-2017)
Old 02-13-2019, 04:55 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
autocustomleathers.com Got my front seat bottom replacements from them. Excellent!
The following users liked this post:
clswhite (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 07:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggesting autocustomleathers.com. I am getting 2001 CL-S driver seat back and bottom replaced for $405 plus installation labor approximately $200. OEM for beige is over $600 plus installation labor. Apparently, Acura has discontinued beige, so they are hard to find. American Radio in Georgia is putting the new covers on. American Radio says this company has a quality product.