AV6 wiring and ECU conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 04:54 AM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
AV6 wiring and ECU conversion

Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out whether you can reconfigure a 2gen J-series car such as the Acura CL or TL (Honda Inspire) UA5 to run on a later AV6 ECU. Well, actually I'm looking into a control unit from a 2003 and up Honda Inspire UC1, but that's beside the point. The reason for my interest is the fact that you can reflash the ECU on the later cars, unlike anything they used to stick the J32A2 into. I guess my question for you would be - is it even possible to swap over the wiring harness and ECU from a J30A4/5 car to one of the older V6 Honda/Acuras? I've already learned that the crank position sensor is very different - wonder how hard it would be to make the newer one work on my motor. Otherwise I'd imagine you can get rid of anything you don't need (EGR, VCM) by altering the software. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-31-2020, 08:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,437 Posts
^
Hey, how's it going, my Russian friend?
They only advice I can offer in your question above is, perhaps, try to contact Boomslang on the link below. They fabricate all kinds of harnesses for various
ECU's and aftermarket standalones. They may be able to shed some light on the practicality of your plans.
Good Luck!

https://www.boomslang.com/
Old 09-01-2020, 10:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by zeta
^
Hey, how's it going, my Russian friend?
They only advice I can offer in your question above is, perhaps, try to contact Boomslang on the link below. They fabricate all kinds of harnesses for various
ECU's and aftermarket standalones. They may be able to shed some light on the practicality of your plans.
Good Luck!

https://www.boomslang.com/
Hi zeta! I'm doing ok, life has more or less returned to normal after our whole covid thing. Personally I've just returned from a trip across Russia (we drove a 30 year old shitbox from Vladivostok to Omsk, not the entire way cross country, but it was still one hell of a trip), which is something I've always wanted to do. So yeah, life ain't bad. How are things in the States? From what I'm seeing - in some places it's a complete shit show.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by InspireJ32A
Hi zeta! I'm doing ok, life has more or less returned to normal after our whole covid thing. Personally I've just returned from a trip across Russia (we drove a 30 year old shitbox from Vladivostok to Omsk, not the entire way cross country, but it was still one hell of a trip), which is something I've always wanted to do. So yeah, life ain't bad.
Wow! I just googled it and that sounds like one heck of a trip. I bet the scenery was spectacular. It's still summer over there right?

How are things in the States? From what I'm seeing - in some places it's a complete shit show.
Yeah, you know the racket over there in the RF. Don't be to to quick to give high credence to the churned out picture your state sponsored media outlets paint of our goings on. Though it is bad, IMHO it is about what was expected with a society of freedom loving peoples not used to, temporarily, having their rights constrained with a modern day pandemic.

Life goes on and we'll get over it!
The following users liked this post:
thoiboi (09-01-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 12:50 PM
Racer

Wow! I just googled it and that sounds like one heck of a trip. I bet the scenery was spectacular. It's still summer over there right?
Of course it is It would've been so much more depressing if it were winter, since we did get stranded on one occasion, and quite far away from civilization (literally in the middle of effing nowhere). Thankfully, I have a few friends living in the Far East, who helped us get the car back to a big city, sort it out, and just showed us a good time. The automotive scene over there is beautiful, by the way - lots of JDM, which is no surprise, given that they live right next to Japan.
The scenery along the way was indeed awesome, if you care to check out my Instagram (@swapblog) - I've got quite a few photos and videos from the trip.

Yeah, you know the racket over there in the RF. Don't be to to quick to give high credence to the churned out picture your state sponsored media outlets paint of our goings on. Though it is bad, IMHO it is about what was expected with a society of freedom loving peoples not used to, temporarily, having their rights constrained with a modern day pandemic.

Life goes on and we'll get over it!
To be honest - I've been getting the impression that things are pretty bad by watching Joe Rogan's podcast, believe it or not, among other YouTube channels (some of which are admittedly in Russian, though these are the sort of "progressive" Russian outlets which are very much disliked by authorities, I assure you it's not state funded media).
As for the situation - well, even if there are a few protests and riots going on, I mean, we're still talking a country of 300 million people and vast territory, it can't ALL be up in flames, right? Somewhere, someone is leading their normal life (I'm fairly sure it's more than even one person), though the media would have you think that there's not a single patch of land left that doesn't look like Mad Max or Hunger Games.

Last edited by InspireJ32A; 09-01-2020 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Of course it is It would've been so much more depressing if it were winter, since we did get stranded on one occasion, and quite far away from civilization (literally in the middle of effing nowhere). Thankfully, I have a few friends living in the Far East, who helped us get the car back to a big city, sort it out, and just showed us a good time. The automotive scene over there is beautiful, by the way - lots of JDM, which is no surprise, given that they live right next to Japan.
The scenery along the way was indeed awesome, if you care to check out my Instagram (@swapblog) - I've got quite a few photos and videos from the trip.
I gave it a quick look then it blocks me. I don't have a 'log in' so it won't let me play videos. Glad to hear you were able to scratch an item off your 'bucket list' with that trip.

To be honest - I've been getting the impression that things are pretty bad by watching Joe Rogan's podcast, believe it or not, among other YouTube channels (some of which are admittedly in Russian, though these are the sort of "progressive" Russian outlets which are very much disliked by authorities, I assure you it's not state funded media).
As for the situation - well, even if there are a few protests and riots going on, I mean, we're still talking a country of 300 million people and vast territory, it can't ALL be up in flames, right? Somewhere, someone is leading their normal life (I'm fairly sure it's more than even one person), though the media would have you think that there's not a single patch of land left that doesn't look like Mad Max or Hunger Games.
I was just 'clowning' with you about the state media. I remember, from past conversations that you don't subscribe to the generic state wave length and have a 'progressive' open mind. That's why it's good to talk to each other.

Just an FYI, if you use the 'Contact' page on boomslang's link above, there you can concisely outline, in an email, what your question is in your original post and hopefully they will respond to help you out? It's worth a try.
Good Luck!
The following users liked this post:
InspireJ32A (09-01-2020)