03 type s hesitate

Old 10-28-2017, 12:59 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 type s hesitate

hi guys iam new here ...finally after 2-3 months searching for 6speed type s i finally got the car....i ran into some problems which it just happen recently to become very annoying for me.....for some reason the car start to hesitate alots every time after i make some turn ....either left or right if i was in 1st or 2nd gear car fell like fuel cut than go back to normal again....sometime when i was driving and i throw it to neutral the motor just died completly ...crusing in the street or freway was fine no problems.....what are the synthoms for that problems ....spark plugs and injectors are change already ...but i havent done fuel pump or fuel filter....do you think that can cause the hesiation or motor stall problems ? ....please let me know what should i look next thanks you
Old 10-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
If the car dies when you clutch in or go Neutral, then I'd check the IACV. If that doesn't fix it, I'd check the fuel injectors next.

Our cars don't really have a fuel filter, and I've never seen a fuel pump failure.
The following users liked this post:
sebastianwrx (10-29-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Eurotrash

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Are there any pending codes? Have you replaced the ignition coils? Adjusted the valves? How does it idle from stone cold?
Your description makes it sound like a fuel pickup issue if it's happening after "some turn." Is the tank near empty when it happens?
What happens at full acceleration, like on an on-ramp? If it accelerates strongly at higher revs, then I don't think it's the fuel pump.
Also, other members have had fuel pressure regulator problems...

Edited to add that a flaky main relay could shut down the fuel pump and make it randomly stall.
I was going to link to some awesome tegger.com articles about the Main Relay, but they're dead now.

Last edited by Tosh; 11-05-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:31 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Tosh
Are there any pending codes? Have you replaced the ignition coils? Adjusted the valves? How does it idle from stone cold?
Your description makes it sound like a fuel pickup issue if it's happening after "some turn." Is the tank near empty when it happens?
What happens at full acceleration, like on an on-ramp? If it accelerates strongly at higher revs, then I don't think it's the fuel pump.
Also, other members have had fuel pressure regulator problems...

Edited to add that a flaky main relay could shut down the fuel pump and make it randomly stall.
I was going to link to some awesome tegger.com articles about the Main Relay, but they're dead now.
hi ...yes the tank were in the middle and nowhere near empty....i just changed the fuel pump relay than everything was fine again....on ramp everything acceleration was fine and perfect.....before i changed my relay sometime the car just stall like out nowhere even make left turn especially the car seems slugish and bog down like the rpm want to drop.....so far right now is ok.....if it happen again i will updte soon....plugs,injectors were changed...except fuel pump ....thank you for your input...if anything similar like this happen please let me know ...iam still learning about the car as well
Old 11-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Eurotrash

Main Relay aka Fuel Pump Relay aka PGM-FI Relay
You can reflow the large solder joints on the Main Relay, and it will work as new again. Send yours to me, and I'll do it for you!
Old 11-06-2017, 11:25 AM
6th Gear

Main Relay aka Fuel Pump Relay aka PGM-FI Relay
You can reflow the large solder joints on the Main Relay, and it will work as new again. Send yours to me, and I'll do it for you!
hello thank you for your kindness ....unfortunately the car came with the autozone relay which is lifetime warranty from the previous owner.....he doesnt have the original one no more....so i just switched it....if the problems still same what should i check or recomend to check....thnakmyou for your input
Old 11-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Eurotrash

Sounds like you fixed it by replacing the Main relay.
For any kind of rough idling, I would clean IACV, replace ignition coils, and reflow solder joints in Main relay. This assumes car is in normal maintained condition (starts from cold easily, good OEM plugs, clean intake manifold, valves within adjustment, passes smog, no pending codes, etc.)
On any car there's going to be carbon build-up inside the combustion chambers and on the injectors, and that can make the idle stumble a bit which can be felt through the steering wheel.
Report back here if your condition returns!
Old 11-06-2017, 05:32 PM
6th Gear

Sounds like you fixed it by replacing the Main relay.
For any kind of rough idling, I would clean IACV, replace ignition coils, and reflow solder joints in Main relay. This assumes car is in normal maintained condition (starts from cold easily, good OEM plugs, clean intake manifold, valves within adjustment, passes smog, no pending codes, etc.)
On any car there's going to be carbon build-up inside the combustion chambers and on the injectors, and that can make the idle stumble a bit which can be felt through the steering wheel.
Report back here if your condition returns!
actually still same.......car stalls still before we exit freeway.....ignition new, injectors havent done as well as fuel pump....i really hope that can be the issue ...any more input
Old 11-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Eurotrash

It stalls out on the freeway? That's dangerous!
Bad ground somewhere, bad ignition switch?
Old 11-06-2017, 08:13 PM
6th Gear

It stalls out on the freeway? That's dangerous!
Bad ground somewhere, bad ignition switch?
I spoke with the previous owner again today of what to change ... he showed me all the stuff he done which clean throttle body as well IACV... fuel clean up .... also new spark plugs but he did mentioned he did not gap the plugs at all.... I’m not sure should I gap it or I should just purchase new plug again.... he did not change injectors or fuel pump also can possible be carbon build up.... I have to change those since I just opened business now I rarely have time to check the car since that’s the only transportation I hv at moment ... let me know what should I do next ... should I replace injectors or pump?
Old 11-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Eurotrash

You can't just throw parts at it, even though it seems desperate! Esp based on advice on the internet!
You should find an independent Honda-Acura mechanic who can properly diagnose it or who can at least read any pending codes.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:31 PM
6th Gear

You can't just throw parts at it, even though it seems desperate! Esp based on advice on the internet!
You should find an independent Honda-Acura mechanic who can properly diagnose it or who can at least read any pending codes.
yea I am just gonna take it in to acura dealers and see sometime this week ... I will update it soon when the results come ...thanks you for all the help

Search this Thread