a pic of my car for commenting

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 10:00 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stevewms499
you should lower it. You should only end up rubbing when you hit a real big dip. But I think everyone who has their cl lowered rubs every once in a while. Unless they have extremly small or narrow wheels and tires.
wrong. i have 8" wide wheels w/ 235 series tires and my wheel has never EVER rubbed.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brianlin87
wrong. i have 8" wide wheels w/ 235 series tires and my wheel has never EVER rubbed.

Hit the corners harder then. You will get one with a good dip in it eventually. Thats the only time I rub. Acutally it just that one corner I think. SOMEONE REPAVE MY CORNER PLS.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hit the corners harder then. You will get one with a good dip in it eventually. Thats the only time I rub. Acutally it just that one corner I think. SOMEONE REPAVE MY CORNER PLS.

all it takes is the right research before you buy your wheels.

correct offset = no rubbing.

im sure brian got the correct offset so i believe him when he says it will never ever rub.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

That's awesome that you're taking the constructive criticisim correctly. You'll get along with us real well. We're all really sarcastic the majority of the time. I won't give my honest opinion on the wheels untill I see them in a more flattering angle.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stealth CL
not my cup of ...too much chrome, and height

I agree, but it is YOUR car and style. But it's clean, atleast it doesn't have a trillion stickers!? I would rather have some 19's and 1 inch of ground clearence (well maybe not that low haha).
Old 05-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MSW 6SP
a ferrari f430 is disgusting but your car is hot? what kind of taste is that?
yea disgusting as in an insane car
Old 05-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Titand19
Sorry man but it sounds to me like that guy is awaiting a call from the collection agency if he's complimenting your car.

Do a search for local wheel repair, you will need it. No questions asked.
actually he's the owner of commerce bank, dont know if u ever heard of it, and the reason he was complimenting it was because a cl is one of his sons cars.....
Old 05-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by All Mine
That's awesome that you're taking the constructive criticisim correctly. You'll get along with us real well. We're all really sarcastic the majority of the time. I won't give my honest opinion on the wheels untill I see them in a more flattering angle.
yeah im not uptight about that kinda stuff, id rather get honest opinions then assume what people are thinkin about it
Old 05-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Instructor

this is a picture of the rim from the website until i get better ones takin of them on my car....

http://www.tiswheels.com/model_2.asp
Old 05-27-2006, 09:30 PM
SOLD

Nice rims, not nice rims for the CL though IMO. The few rims that look good on the CL are rims that compliment design and shape of the vehicle. Also, contrast looks good like NBP with chrome/light rims, ssm plus chrome equals too many gray/silver tones IMO. Ever thought about black wheels? I think it would look great if you got black wheels and painted the grill black possibly, plus it would set off the tint and lower grill too...I was actually thinking about eventually getting some black rims for my white CLS. Just throwing out ideas here...

http://1jdmmotorworks.com/rims/RVM/M330Black1.jpg
http://jdmmotorworks.com/rims/RVM/M809Black1.jpg
http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/60/60492/m737b.jpg

This is 4 lug but I like the principle idea...
http://www.motorenergy.com/images/ADR_SZ1_GM.jpg

EDIT: Did you say you had black interior? If so even better for the black look if you choose that route.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:39 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

wrong again. my wheels have traveled the entire length of the strut and i've NEVER rubbed. just because you bought wheels w/ the wrong offset - doesn't mean everyone did too.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
frst off, let me state i dont like the car because of the rims and i never liked those kinda grills. but thats the only 2 things.

second off, the thing with 20" wheels, is that there are only so many tires for 20" that if you are going for that 'bling' factor, you might as well go 22". its because tire sizes don't change much once you get up that high.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Intermediate

wrong again. my wheels have traveled the entire length of the strut and i've NEVER rubbed. just because you bought wheels w/ the wrong offset - doesn't mean everyone did too.
Im glad you have a midget hangin out your window with a micrometer taking measurements at all times.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im glad you have a midget hangin out your window with a micrometer taking measurements at all times.
lol that is pretty funny when you picture that actually happening.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:41 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

I'm glad you think you know anything.

Why do you even bother wielding any knowledge. You're trying to convey that lowering your car and riding on bigger rims means you'll eventually rub? You're wrong kid. If you get the right specs, you're perfectly fine. Get your facts straight.

FYI - I purchased the right offset on my wheels, and my car is completely corner balanced. When corner-balanced, my mechanic checked the entire travel of the wheel on my car as part of the procedure.

You're attempt to provide accurate information has failed, as life as failed you. All I'm doing is correcting your stubborn mistake so others in the future aren't as ignorant as yourself.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NightRider
Nice rims, not nice rims for the CL though IMO. The few rims that look good on the CL are rims that compliment design and shape of the vehicle. Also, contrast looks good like NBP with chrome/light rims, ssm plus chrome equals too many gray/silver tones IMO. Ever thought about black wheels? I think it would look great if you got black wheels and painted the grill black possibly, plus it would set off the tint and lower grill too...I was actually thinking about eventually getting some black rims for my white CLS. Just throwing out ideas here...

http://1jdmmotorworks.com/rims/RVM/M330Black1.jpg
http://jdmmotorworks.com/rims/RVM/M809Black1.jpg
http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/60/60492/m737b.jpg

This is 4 lug but I like the principle idea...
http://www.motorenergy.com/images/ADR_SZ1_GM.jpg

EDIT: Did you say you had black interior? If so even better for the black look if you choose that route.

yeah i have a black interior, i liked the idea of black rims first but i eventually went with chrome.....ive been lookin at iforged rims recently and lookin into gettin them painted black leavin the chrome lip........u got a couple good choices in those links for the rims
Old 05-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
All silver CLs came with black interiors.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kegger
? is there a way to accent the inside of the headlamps?
You have to open them and paint the trim that comes chrome from the factory. I painted mine silver, heres a picture

I actually have another set that I had my body shop paint if you want them. The paint on mine is close, but the ones the shop did came out as close as possible.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Intermediate

I'm glad you think you know anything.

Why do you even bother wielding any knowledge. You're trying to convey that lowering your car and riding on bigger rims means you'll eventually rub? You're wrong kid. If you get the right specs, you're perfectly fine. Get your facts straight.

FYI - I purchased the right offset on my wheels, and my car is completely corner balanced. When corner-balanced, my mechanic checked the entire travel of the wheel on my car as part of the procedure.

You're attempt to provide accurate information has failed, as life as failed you. All I'm doing is correcting your stubborn mistake so others in the future aren't as ignorant as yourself.
First off I didnt say quote me on anything. Ive been reading what others have wrote, some people rub now thats fact.

Im glad you paid a miget to hang out your window at risk of life and limb to check your strut travel. Thats great.

However you are wrong that my info is not accurate because that would be saying no one who lowers their car rubs.

And lastly your kid, noob and ignorant comments are just old and boring. Stop talking forum talk and be creative with your ideas or just speak.

For someone who seems to research you sure reply with a ton of speculation.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Old 05-29-2006, 12:55 AM
shift@8k

First off I didnt say quote me on anything. Ive been reading what others have wrote, some people rub now thats fact.

Im glad you paid a miget to hang out your window at risk of life and limb to check your strut travel. Thats great.

However you are wrong that my info is not accurate because that would be saying no one who lowers their car rubs.

And lastly your kid, noob and ignorant comments are just old and boring. Stop talking forum talk and be creative with your ideas or just speak.

For someone who seems to research you sure reply with a ton of speculation.
didn't you say earlier that everyone who lowers their cl has rubbed at one time or another? My car is lowered with practically no finger gap all around and i'm running 235/40/18 tires all around and have never rubbed once, EVER and i wouldn't say i am one to take corners slow either so...do some more research before you say anything.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:02 AM
Intermediate

I obviously didnt mean everyone. Nothing really applies to everyone. I have just read where people said they rub but its not a major issue. Some talked about rolling their fenders. Thats what I was telling the original poster.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:17 AM
Intermediate

Im glad some people think they designed the car and can deem others to not speak! With "why do you even bother wielding any knowledge" and "so others in the future aren't as ignorant as yourself" brianlin87 and "do some more research before you say anything" shinybluecls

This is why some people stop comming to the forum or dont come out to meets cause they dont want to deal with people who dont know how to speak to others.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm here in spirit...

you should lower it. You should only end up rubbing when you hit a real big dip. But I think everyone who has their cl lowered rubs every once in a while. Unless they have extremly small or narrow wheels and tires.

That's what you said... EVERYONE RUBS. Again, Do your research before you buy wheels and tires next time and that won't happen. EVER.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Intermediate

I obviously didnt mean everyone. Nothing really applies to everyone.
I retracted my everyone statement. It should have read "some who have posted."
Old 05-29-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm here in spirit...

You should have retracted post #63 too while you were at it. Completely out of line IMHO.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Intermediate

I stick to that one cause there is no need to tell people when they should speak. I dont stand for that. If others dont mind being spoke to any ol way thats up to them.

Its cool though but a lil to common on some forums at times.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:08 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Can you say.... by yourself?
The aforementioned bold statement is false, THAT was the only statement i called you out on for, and then you became a little bitch about it, and now you're "retracting" your statement. Save yourself the public humiliation again and just keep doing research before you come up with any sort of speculation. You were wrong. I corrected you. Grow some balls and deal with it.

This is why some people stop comming to the forum or dont come out to meets cause they dont want to deal with people who dont know how to speak to others.
Stop being a little bitch. You're afraid to come to meets because someone cussed at you on an on-line forum? Is your life in danger? Are you that butt-hurt that I disagreed with your false statement?? If that's the case I would stay home too.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Intermediate

Can you say.... by yourself?
The aforementioned bold statement is false, THAT was the only statement i called you out on for, and then you became a little bitch about it, and now you're "retracting" your statement. Save yourself the public humiliation again and just keep doing research before you come up with any sort of speculation. You were wrong. I corrected you. Grow some balls and deal with it.

Stop being a little bitch. You're afraid to come to meets because someone cussed at you on an on-line forum? Is your life in danger? Are you that butt-hurt that I disagreed with your false statement?? If that's the case I would stay home too.
Man whatever.

I am man enough to clear up my statement cause that what grown people do. And hell no I am not afraid to come to meets, why cause u may be there yeah right, Im right here speaking up but there are others who dont thats who Im refering too.

Im really not pressed or really care too much about what you think and your pussy statements.

But remember before you call someone a bitch on a forum I hope your man enough to say it to their face if you ever see them.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:17 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
christ!!! cool it dudes...
Old 05-30-2006, 12:19 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

But remember before you call someone a bitch on a forum I hope your man enough to say it to their face if you ever see them.
sure thing bitch.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:53 AM
SOLD

Brianlin87 may come across harshly to some, but he is just trying to seperate fact from fiction. There is a difference between assumption/hypothesis and proof/experiment. Even if I felt I was well educated on a certain subject matter, if i received widely opposing information, I would continue researching. Although individually you may rub, if a small group is saying you should not, maybe you should check your numbers. According to Consumer Reports, around 15% of CL owners have tranny problems, does this mean everyone has tranny problems with the CL? In my opinion and many others familiar with AZ, this is a quality site for people and information. It would just be sad to see somone who wants to customize hesitate b/c they read about your car rubbing. Then what would that say about the credibility of the people and information on this site when this person found out later they actually could do what they wanted? I think it would contribute well if you could tell us your numbers/setup so that future modders may avoid the same issue...if you haven't done so already and I overlooked it?
Old 05-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Intermediate

sure thing bitch.
Ok so I see I was correct in my thinking. You really are an asshole. I need not waste anymore of my time with you.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:47 AM
Intermediate

Brianlin87 may come across harshly to some, but he is just trying to seperate fact from fiction. There is a difference between assumption/hypothesis and proof/experiment. Even if I felt I was well educated on a certain subject matter, if i received widely opposing information, I would continue researching. Although individually you may rub, if a small group is saying you should not, maybe you should check your numbers. According to Consumer Reports, around 15% of CL owners have tranny problems, does this mean everyone has tranny problems with the CL? In my opinion and many others familiar with AZ, this is a quality site for people and information. It would just be sad to see somone who wants to customize hesitate b/c they read about your car rubbing. Then what would that say about the credibility of the people and information on this site when this person found out later they actually could do what they wanted? I think it would contribute well if you could tell us your numbers/setup so that future modders may avoid the same issue...if you haven't done so already and I overlooked it?
I have 20x8 with 235/35's I need to double check the offset but I think its 45. Im lowered to about 2 fingers. I've been reading and someone else had a similar setup but with the rear fenders rolled. So Ima do that and then even that one corner shouldnt get me anymore.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:38 AM
www.grounded4life.org

i would lower it with h&r sports that what im lowered with on 20s n i think it looks perfect
Old 05-31-2006, 08:23 AM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boooo
Old 05-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikey3.2
i would lower it with h&r sports that what im lowered with on 20s n i think it looks perfect

yeah the h&r are what i had on my audi before and i liked them, did u have yours done or did u do them yourself? i was thinkin about tryin it out myself, and gettin a spring compressor from my uncles shop......u think its not something to try on my own though? or better left with the pro's
Old 05-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,837 Likes on 13,994 Posts
Not my cup of tea...a tad too much chrome...rims are too big too. Trade down a bit. I'd suggest nothing more than 19s on a CL.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:50 AM
metalguitarist.org

Originally Posted by foreveraflboy
I've only seen a select few people pull off anything bigger than 19s. I think it is the style of the rim and not the size that doesn't look good to me. As for lowering I know where you live as I use to live there also. Just be carefull as you know there are a few decent pot hole that would definetely cause rubbing.
For that exact reason, I can't lower my car. New England roads are awful.