2G CL Frequently Asked Questions No New Threads Please.

Can you mount your front plate without drilling holes in the bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 06:23 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can you mount your front plate without drilling holes in the bumper?

Here is the deal i had no front plate for like a year now and no probs till this a$$hole of a cop (whom i went to highschool with and could not take a joke) went on duty a month ago. So he gave me 4 no front plate tickets 2 no seatbelt and 1 failure to show registrastion tickets in 1 month. So im gonna write a letter to the mayor, he a chill polish dude, but first i need to mount my front plate to see if he still will pull me over every time even with a front plate. Sorry for all the BS but im pi$$ed..
Do u have to drill front holes to put the bracket on?
Old 11-01-2001, 06:27 PM
6 speed...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Can you mount your front plate without drilling holes in the bumper?

Originally posted by StonedCL
Here is the deal i had no front plate for like a year now and no probs till this a$$hole of a cop (whom i went to highschool with and could not take a joke) went on duty a month ago. So he gave me 4 no front plate tickets 2 no seatbelt and 1 failure to show registrastion tickets in 1 month. So im gonna write a letter to the mayor, he a chill polish dude, but first i need to mount my front plate to see if he still will pull me over every time even with a front plate. Sorry for all the BS but im pi$$ed..
Do u have to drill front holes to put the bracket on?
the plate bracket mounts with two holes underneath the bumper, no drilling necessary. the holes already have captured nuts in them, so it should just be a matter of bolting the new bracket and plate on.
Old 11-01-2001, 06:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Stoned

My car has no holes in the bumper for the plate. The bracket from underneath is holding the plate. Real point is that I received it this way from Park. Take a ride over and have them check it out.
Old 11-01-2001, 06:52 PM
Adult Supervision

the bottom nut holes have to be there - they are not drilled holes. Keep looking. Also, put some electrical tape on the bumper where the top edge of the license plate bracket will hit - that will keep the scratching down...but if I remember the front of your car it may be too late.
Old 11-01-2001, 07:07 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by MikeS 18
the bottom nut holes have to be there - they are not drilled holes. Keep looking. Also, put some electrical tape on the bumper where the top edge of the license plate bracket will hit - that will keep the scratching down...but if I remember the front of your car it may be too late.
LOL the bumper is fixed but not the fron passenger fender is fuc#$ed.. LOL thanks for the info, someone once said the bracket was drilled inb the bumper..oh well thanks!