View Poll Results: Are you interested in another GB for Stone Headers?
Yes, I am interested.
50.00%
No, Thanks!
50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Are you interested in another GB for Stone Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still have my stones from the last purchase ...not installed.

I just sent them with a friend to SVT prototype shop at Ford in Dearborn. They are cleaning and polishing the insides and perfecting the welds to eliminate turbulance.

Then they will go on.....
Old 10-23-2003, 06:24 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Pure Adrenaline
Nashua --

How much are we talking here?
As it stands now, the price would $400 shipped. I accept Paypal and if not possible only Money Order. So, there is no increase in the cost.

I expect to have the headers to be in stock by mid November.

Finally, to be able to do the 6-speed version, I need to borrow the rear header of the 6-speed Comptech Version ASAP. So, If I can borrow one (I will cover the shipping expenses both ways) You will have the 6-speed version (we may sell it for both the Auto and 6-speed, and it would be for the same price too, $400 shipped)

Nashua.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:32 PM
What, me drive fast?

Originally posted by YuppieCL
i'm interested this time around.
comptech are too costly for me.
i wanted to go obx, but after hearing all the horror stories, i'm a little weary about them now.
how do the stone headers compare to the obx?
were there any issues with the first batch of stone headers?
for those who have the stones, what are ur feelings on them?
As an OBX owner and friend of a Stone owner (Bulldog01), I can say that it seems like the Stones are a bit quieter than OBX but have their own signature. Nash is awsome and ALWAYS looking out for the ACL members but I am surprised that he is doing this again.

I don't think that I'd be crazy to say that BOTH the OBX and STONE are way behind the CT headers.

BUT (huge BUT) if you want the gains w/o the $ then go Stone. Prepare for some hassles though. I heard the original OBX was the same way. I complained to OBX about the resonance and I got no reply (fax or email). Actually, from the original pics, the Stone came from the same town as the OBX??? NAsh? Any insight?
Old 10-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Originally posted by blackmagiCL_S
....Actually, from the original pics, the Stone came from the same town as the OBX??? NAsh? Any insight?
Andy,

As you know, stone headers were imported by the same dealer of OBX. Again, Stone headers and OBX headers are manufactured by different factories.

Now, why importing by an OBX dealer? Simply, I could not do it on my own. I need an established business to do it.

I hope this clear any confusion.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:38 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
400 shipped for Stone Racing.
353 shipped for OBX Racing.

I don't know much about either, but could someone tell me if the Stone is worth the extra bucks??
Old 10-23-2003, 07:58 PM
What, me drive fast?

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
Andy,

As you know, stone headers were imported by the same dealer of OBX. Again, Stone headers and OBX headers are manufactured by different factories.

Now, why importing by an OBX dealer? Simply, I could not do it on my own. I need an established business to do it.

I hope this clear any confusion.
No. Did you ever say they were imported? This makes sense with the delay. Nash...you must be going crazy to offer another order. My confusion: US car, made in the US, headers must be local. No, they are not. OBX or Stone....as long as they work I don't care. Neither work as well as CT.

Are CT import? I am not a union man but if CT are USA made I'll wave a flag (more than I already do)??
Old 10-24-2003, 06:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
I need to borrow the rear header of the 6-speed Comptech Version ASAP. So, If I can borrow one (I will cover the shipping expenses both ways)
This is hilarious, you want a 6-Speed owner to take off his rear headers, having the car down for weeks, ship them off to be copied and expect them to get them back in sound shape?? All they get out of it is free shipping of something they already own??

If Stone was able to fabricate the originals they should be able to discern the needed changes from images.

Lets be real, there needs to be financial motivation behind this…
Old 10-24-2003, 08:31 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Originally posted by scalbert
This is hilarious, you want a 6-Speed owner to take off his rear headers, having the car down for weeks, ship them off to be copied and expect them to get them back in sound shape?? All they get out of it is free shipping of something they already own??

If Stone was able to fabricate the originals they should be able to discern the needed changes from images.

Lets be real, there needs to be financial motivation behind this…

How about a one that is NOT installed yet?

I did not rule out compensating the owner for the inconvenience.

Nashua
Old 10-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Audi S4 driver

Nash do you have an expected date for the 2nd shipment?? I'm getting anxious, I want headers!
Old 10-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Dragging knees in

I agree with blader. I want headers really bad, and if the price is right and the quality improved over the last batch, then I'm definitely in line for one.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Audi S4 driver

Old 11-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Audi S4 driver

What is going on with this GB? Nashua its now November 12th .. when in november are you expecting to get this shipment? I can't wait
Old 11-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Dragging knees in

Same here. I'm saving up right now for the headers!!
Old 11-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Headers were to be in, in mid November. I will find out the status and post as soon as I know.

Nashua
Old 11-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Dragging knees in

Boy, oh, boy. I'm excited. I better save every penny I can. I want these headers!
Old 11-16-2003, 09:01 AM
Banned

Would these headers that you're GBing fit on my 1999 TL?
Old 11-16-2003, 02:10 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nope. I just went with Comptech.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:39 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
I don't mean to thread crap here... I think Nashua is really doing a great service to the TL/CL community by trying to provide these headers at good price point and a cheaper alternative to the Comptech headers.

That said, you should read my experience with Stone headers here: LINK

Basically, I received a set of Stone headers and there was a problem with the O2 sensor placement on the downpipe. The dealer that installed it for me charged me twice ($200 to try to install it, $200 to uninstall and put back on the stock headers). So I wasted $400, all of which Stone headers was not willing to compensate me for. Stone headers come with no expressed warranty, so while Nashua maybe willing to work to make things right by sending me a replacement part... He can't really compensate anyone for anything that happens due to defects in production.

Out of pocket expenses so far for the Stone headers has been $800. Nashua was kind enough to rush me out another downpipe, but it'd cost me another $200 to get them install again, and if they still don't fit it will cost me another $200. Assuming they fit, that'd be $1100 out of my pocket spent on Stone headers when I could have gotten the Comptechs and they would have fit right on the first time.

This is just a warning to people who might be interested in Stone headers ... These things are hand welded (unlike Comptechs which are machine welded), so there's a potential for each piece to be slightly different.

If everything works out right (and for the majority of customers it seems that the Stone headers fit just fine), then you're getting a great deal. If you're the unlucky one like me, then you wasted a bunch of money.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:28 AM
Dragging knees in

Eh, I do all of my mods myself. The headers won't be an exception. If it fits fine, I save 700 bucks. If not, I'm out of labor costs, which would be... 0 dollars.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:34 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i guess thas what happens when you keep goin to the dealer to get ur stuff installed.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Liquid Ice

Originally posted by brianlin87
i guess thas what happens when you keep goin to the dealer to get ur stuff installed.
No offense, but this has nothing to do with using the dealer for the install. The part was defective. If the part hadn't been defective, I would have the headers on right now.

If I had used a 3rd party to install it, the same thing would have happened ... Either that or they would have forced it on, and my check engine light would probably be going off randomly now.

True, it would have been great if I could have installed it myself, no money would have been lost ... but I don't have the know-how to do it, nor do I have the space where I live to properly have it installed.. Maybe if I had a nice big garage to work in, but not where I live!

At least with the dealer, I know they know the in's and out's of the car (at least the guy I have work on my car at the dealership does).
Old 11-24-2003, 11:04 AM
Dragging knees in

Originally posted by LiQiCE
No offense, but this has nothing to do with using the dealer for the install. The part was defective. If the part hadn't been defective, I would have the headers on right now.

If I had used a 3rd party to install it, the same thing would have happened ... Either that or they would have forced it on, and my check engine light would probably be going off randomly now.

True, it would have been great if I could have installed it myself, no money would have been lost ... but I don't have the know-how to do it, nor do I have the space where I live to properly have it installed.. Maybe if I had a nice big garage to work in, but not where I live!

At least with the dealer, I know they know the in's and out's of the car (at least the guy I have work on my car at the dealership does).
I don't know how old you are, but have you thought about finding a car club in your town?

I joined mine last December, and recently I made Regional Team Leader. I'm away at school, leasing a house without a garage. I go to team members' houses to install stuff on my car. It's awesome. People help you out, give you advice, and labor is free!! There's basically nothing I can't do with suspension stuff now, and even if I ran into a problem, they would help me out. That's how you learn. And in the long run, you can save hundreds, even thousands in installation costs.

Just a thought.

P.S. Not every mechanic at the dealership know what they are doing. I've seen some STUPID ones that have no clue in life whatsoever. Trust me on this, and find a car club in your town. Easiest way to do it would be to talk to owners of modified cars you see around town. Chances are, they have a group of car people they hang out with.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Liquid Ice

Originally posted by Pure Adrenaline
I don't know how old you are, but have you thought about finding a car club in your town?

I joined mine last December, and recently I made Regional Team Leader. I'm away at school, leasing a house without a garage. I go to team members' houses to install stuff on my car. It's awesome. People help you out, give you advice, and labor is free!! There's basically nothing I can't do with suspension stuff now, and even if I ran into a problem, they would help me out. That's how you learn. And in the long run, you can save hundreds, even thousands in installation costs.

Just a thought.

P.S. Not every mechanic at the dealership know what they are doing. I've seen some STUPID ones that have no clue in life whatsoever. Trust me on this, and find a car club in your town. Easiest way to do it would be to talk to owners of modified cars you see around town. Chances are, they have a group of car people they hang out with.
Thanks for the advice ... Will take it into consideration. I know not all dealers know what they're doing but the guy I've been working with seems pretty knowledgeable, he does a lot of aftermarket installs for Acuras so he seems to have experience. When it comes to the car too, I'd rather have someone working on it who's a little extra cautious than careless ... It is of course potentially my life we're talking about here when I'm behind the wheel

Would definitely be cool to be able to do the installs myself, but I also think its a fair statement to expect that people are going to take aftermarket parts that they're purchasing and have them installed at a dealership or an aftermarket performance place ...
Old 11-24-2003, 03:09 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

LiQice - i wasn't tryin to offend you by saying stuff at the dealership was bad or commenting on the labor there, juss from experience, installs and un-installs at the dealership cost an arm and a leg whereas at a performance auto shop the cost is a lot less and the mechanics are used to high performance products and you would probably never run into an "un-install" labor fee... but other than that, im sorry to hear that Stone Headers were a pain for you
Old 11-28-2003, 08:26 AM
Audi S4 driver

ok now its november 28th .. ANY news on when you'll be getting these headers???
Old 11-28-2003, 09:08 AM
Dragging knees in

No update on the V6Performance forum, either. They are doing the same group buy.

The last batch was delayed by a few weeks, and this is probably the case, too. Let's give it some more time.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

no updates so far. I will request one on Monday.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Someone should put a caveat in this thread....

If they crack, warp, don't fit.....keep your bitching to yourself. Maybe it's just me, but with all the problems people have had with Stone and OBX headers, it's a wonder why people keep ordering them.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Homeless

Originally posted by NSXNEXT
Someone should put a caveat in this thread....

If they crack, warp, don't fit.....keep your bitching to yourself.
I'll have to agree. If somebody got a bad set...which can happen to any manufacturer...they should start their own thread & not hijack someone elses "For Sale" thread. There's more than enough info available for us to do our own homework on the matter.

So far, I've seen more satisfied customers than dis-satisfied with these Stone headers & I'm very interested.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:22 AM
Audi S4 driver

Yeah I'm very interested too .. its december 3rd .. I hope they arrive soon.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Guys,

I am sorry, but I will wait till the headers are here before we take any orders.

Be patient, I will send an email to find out when they will land.

Nashua.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Audi S4 driver

I agree I'm not rushing, just anxious for power
Old 12-29-2003, 10:29 PM
Instructor

I'm in... if the price is right.
I'm still saving up to go boost on another car.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Audi S4 driver

sorry .. couldn't wait anymore .. bought the comptechs
Old 12-31-2003, 11:26 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

what's the status on this GB?
Old 12-31-2003, 05:44 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

still not in stock yet.