yes, another new person here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 02:50 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, another new person here.

I've been reading the forums for a while, but today I decided to register.

My 2001 CL-S has been running since last October. Its black, with black interior without DVD Navi, with all stock parts. I gave away my 88 Camaro Z28 for this and I'm generally pleased with what I have compared to the Camaro. I miss the excellent braking, handling and acceleration of that old bad boy, but it was eating more money out of my wallet for maintenance than I wanted, so it had to go.

So far, I'm pretty pleased with the car. If I were to change things, I wouldn't have the black paint and probably would have the DVD Navi installed. Not a real loss, but those are the things I'd change.

As far as service goes, not much to say about the Acura dealership other than they were nice and they did fix the rattling in my moonroof. I've put Mobil 1 in for the last oil change and I plan to keep that up for the life of the car (I plan on keeping it for 4-5 years).

My complaints with the car are pretty solveable, but I'll list them anyways:
Too much body roll
Poor braking

The body roll can be fixed with sways (Comptech, I know). And I'm sure the braking could be fixed with virtually any third-party braking setup (rotors, pads, brake lines, etc). When I get some money to put into the car (total computer person, I can mod the hell out of my PC before I want to touch my car), I'll be adding sways for sure.

Additional upgrades will probably AEM CAI (like the additional low-end torque that it seems to give everyone) and better speakers (I'm leaving head unit so that it still works with the thumb button for volume). I wouldn't mind putting in some springs, but I do without it being lowered since I had some rubbing with my Camaro and it was already pretty low as-is. I doubt I'd get an exhaust because it didn't look like much power to the wheels.

Any places in Southern California that I should go to because of quality service? I know where to buy the parts online (autocarparts.com? lots of mentions about it here), but I'd rather not go to the Torrance Acura dealer to get them installed.

If you want to check some high-res (1800xsomething), check out: http://vash.homeip.net/vash

Yes, that is goofy looking me with my ride and there is a pic of my RC car in there (Losi XXX if anyone cares). I've seen some CL-S on the roads in Redondo Beach, West LA, so now if you see a black one that looks completely stock and has one scratched rim (not even a week! sheesh!), its me.

vash
Old 08-08-2001, 02:55 PM
Drifting

Welcome, good to have you on the board.

Spiro
Old 08-08-2001, 02:57 PM
Banned

welcome!!

sounds like you are enjoying your car and will for the next couple of years.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by vash:
<STRONG>I've been reading the forums for a while, but today I decided to register.

My 2001 CL-S has been running since last October. Its black, with black interior without DVD Navi, with all stock parts. I gave away my 88 Camaro Z28 for this and I'm generally pleased with what I have compared to the Camaro. I miss the excellent braking, handling and acceleration of that old bad boy, but it was eating more money out of my wallet for maintenance than I wanted, so it had to go.

So far, I'm pretty pleased with the car. If I were to change things, I wouldn't have the black paint and probably would have the DVD Navi installed. Not a real loss, but those are the things I'd change.

As far as service goes, not much to say about the Acura dealership other than they were nice and they did fix the rattling in my moonroof. I've put Mobil 1 in for the last oil change and I plan to keep that up for the life of the car (I plan on keeping it for 4-5 years).

Too much body roll
Poor braking

The body roll can be fixed with sways (Comptech, I know). And I'm sure the braking could be fixed with virtually any third-party braking setup (rotors, pads, brake lines, etc). When I get some money to put into the car (total computer person, I can mod the hell out of my PC before I want to touch my car), I'll be adding sways for sure.

Additional upgrades will probably AEM CAI (like the additional low-end torque that it seems to give everyone) and better speakers (I'm leaving head unit so that it still works with the thumb button for volume). I wouldn't mind putting in some springs, but I do without it being lowered since I had some rubbing with my Camaro and it was already pretty low as-is. I doubt I'd get an exhaust because it didn't look like much power to the wheels.

Any places in Southern California that I should go to because of quality service? I know where to buy the parts online (autocarparts.com? lots of mentions about it here), but I'd rather not go to the Torrance Acura dealer to get them installed.

If you want to check some high-res (1800xsomething), check out: http://vash.homeip.net/vash

Yes, that is goofy looking me with my ride and there is a pic of my RC car in there (Losi XXX if anyone cares). I've seen some CL-S on the roads in Redondo Beach, West LA, so now if you see a black one that looks completely stock and has one scratched rim (not even a week! sheesh!), its me.

vash</STRONG>

Welcome, most people get the exhaust because of looks and sound.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:01 PM
Suzuka Master

<STRONG>I've been reading the forums for a while, but today I decided to register.

Too much body roll
Poor braking

vash</STRONG>

Welcome, most people get the exhaust because of looks and sound.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:02 PM
Unemployed BUM

Too much body roll
Poor braking

vash</STRONG>

Hey, is that RC car electric or NOS?
Old 08-08-2001, 03:03 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by friendlydacat:
<STRONG>
Hey, is that RC car electric or NOS?</STRONG>
Its an electric, buggy car. Nothing special with it. Its pretty quick, but I'd rather sell it to get some mods for my car or PC (need a GF3).

vash
Old 08-08-2001, 03:08 PM
Retired Post Whore

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will fun with your car after you mod it too!
Old 08-08-2001, 03:09 PM
Unemployed BUM

<STRONG>
Its an electric, buggy car. Nothing special with it. Its pretty quick, but I'd rather sell it to get some mods for my car or PC (need a GF3).

vash</STRONG>
Upgrading your PC is really cheap especially with the downturn. I recently upgraded my PIII 800 to a p4 1.6GHz for less than $500.00. I think I want to try a new athlon system too. I don't see myself buying mods for this car. I'm saving up for the new Nissan Z to come out.

By the way, welcome to the forum.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:10 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by friendlydacat:
<STRONG>

Upgrading your PC is really cheap especially with the downturn. I recently upgraded my PIII 800 to a p4 1.6GHz for less than $500.00. I think I want to try a new athlon system too. I don't see myself buying mods for this car. I'm saving up for the new Nissan Z to come out.

By the way, welcome to the forum. </STRONG>
I'm going from 1Ghz Athlon to 1.44. Should be here next week or so. I don't code, but I game and more Mhz == more FPS. More FPS is the real kicker when playing online FPS games.

vash
Old 08-08-2001, 03:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Welcome to the board!
Old 08-08-2001, 03:14 PM
Unemployed BUM

<STRONG>
I'm going from 1Ghz Athlon to 1.44. Should be here next week or so. I don't code, but I game and more Mhz == more FPS. More FPS is the real kicker when playing online FPS games.

vash</STRONG>
Have you had any software issues with the Athlon? I tried the first generation Athlons and it kept crashing Winsuck.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:50 PM
Drifting

Overclocking is the way to go. I actually have a watercooled rig. My Athlon 1.33 is oced to 1.6ghz. No probs at all. As far as the Athlon being bad, it was the older chipsets used on the motherboards causing the problems. The new chipsets, with the Athlons work great.

Spiro
<STRONG>

vash</STRONG>