WTF is wrong with people? (vent)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 10:09 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF is wrong with people? (vent)

I apologize for venting, but really, wtf is wrong with people? I'm normally the most laid-back guy you'll ever meet, but when it comes to my car and keeping it nice, I'm meticulous about it.

I live in the city, and parallel park on the street. I got home from work today at 6, pulled directly into the first available spot on my street, went in and had dinner. Came out around 8 to head out, and lo and behold, I see 4 huge scratches/gouges exposing the black stuff underneath the paint on my left rear bumper corner. Someone obviously parked behind me, and upon pulling out rubbed my bumper. No note. No nothing.

My car is 3 months old. This is the third time the rear bumper has been hit, and no one acknowledges it. Where-tf have peoples' morals gone these days???

Fortunately, I think I found the car on the end of my block - frickin' white Odyssey Minivan with fresh rub marks, silver dust and gouges on the right front bumper. Left a note - see if they call tomorrow.

I know I should park like an a-hole and take up two spots, but I refuse to do that. I am tempted to buy some crappy old Jeep or Blazer with big bumper guards on it and put the CL-S into storage until I move. Start running into people's cars and see how they like it (I'll be the one who get's caught though).

Sorry for the rant. Tired of this crap.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:14 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: WTF is wrong with people? (vent)

Originally posted by DelawareCLS
I apologize for venting, but really, wtf is wrong with people? I'm normally the most laid-back guy you'll ever meet, but when it comes to my car and keeping it nice, I'm meticulous about it.

I live in the city, and parallel park on the street. I got home from work today at 6, pulled directly into the first available spot on my street, went in and had dinner. Came out around 8 to head out, and lo and behold, I see 4 huge scratches/gouges exposing the black stuff underneath the paint on my left rear bumper corner. Someone obviously parked behind me, and upon pulling out rubbed my bumper. No note. No nothing.

My car is 3 months old. This is the third time the rear bumper has been hit, and no one acknowledges it. Where-tf have peoples' morals gone these days???

Fortunately, I think I found the car on the end of my block - frickin' white Odyssey Minivan with fresh rub marks, silver dust and gouges on the right front bumper. Left a note - see if they call tomorrow.

I know I should park like an a-hole and take up two spots, but I refuse to do that. I am tempted to buy some crappy old Jeep or Blazer with big bumper guards on it and put the CL-S into storage until I move. Start running into people's cars and see how they like it (I'll be the one who get's caught though).

Damn that sucks man!!! I am crazy about trying to keep my TL-S perfect so I know what you mean. I purposely waited to buy my car until I got a garage. That still doesn't protect the car when I go out (I noticed yesterday when cleaning the car that I have a nice clean scratch across the front left side of the car, almost looks like it was keyed) ... But at least I can sleep at night knowing she's safe inside.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your incident.
When I was visiting West Palm, FL. My friends took me to a crowded place, something plaza. Parking spaces at that place were so hard to find. I ended up parking my CL on the roof of the garage. We ate at Cheesecake factory after waiting 90min. Anyway, we were sitting outside. I was kindda eyeballing a shinny black Ford truck with the blingbling and an old Jag blocked my view. The Jag then tried to pull in the parallel parking spot in front of the truck. The dick didn't know how to drive and backed directly into the truck. I shouted, "Oh, shit" and everyone looked at me :o . Fortunately, the impact was light, the truck flashed its light and chirp. That dick opened his door and walked away without even looking at the truck that he hit. My food sucked so I ate a little and walked across the street (2 lanes street) while my friends were still eating and (girls ) I looked at the Jag's plate, memorized it then looked at the truck bumper. Lucky for the dick, there was nothing. If there was something, I'd definately leave a note with that dick's plate. My friends told me about being nosy. I asked, "Imagine this, you walked out to your car and saw some damage from a hit and run, would you appreciate if someone left you a note? I was just looking out for another car (in this case, truck) enthusiast. What's wrong with it?" They just shut up after that
Old 03-27-2003, 11:17 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
You were eating in good old CITY PLACE. That place sucks for a young crowd, but its nice there. The cheesecake factories food is excellent, maybe you got a bad meal. Try downtown clematis street next time, you can pimp it there better.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:43 PM
Safety Car

these are people who don't care about anothers property... in older years these people would have been rightfully SHOT
Old 03-27-2003, 11:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,819 Likes on 13,991 Posts
DelawareCLS: Sorry to hear about that...I've been victim to having my front bumper damaged by inconsiderate asswipes twice already too...each time, repaint required...To address this, I'm looking into some bumper guards...but, so far, most that I've seen would look lousy on our CL's...
Old 03-28-2003, 06:32 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
my bumper has a huge gouge in it becoz of some frickin asshole. I wish someone would have left me a lic.plate number if the had seen it! I am sooooo pissed.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:04 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

I have two bolt marks in my rear bumper, one right on the corner where the rear plate is. My front plate is bent.

Some people just don't care about their car or anybody elses. A 1000 beater is cheaper than a new bumper cover and paint.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:21 AM
Racer

Sounds like I am not the only one who appreciates the ~$30,000 they have sitting out front of their place. Unfortunately, I still believe we are the minority. The car I suspect is chewed up on both sides, so they obviously have been hitting a lot of cars.

Ironically, I just sold my house where my '01 CL-S was garage-kept. It wasn't safe in there either, thanks to my girlfriend's Jeep doors and her work bag scratching the fender. Couldn't do much about that one though!
Old 03-28-2003, 07:35 AM
Racer

Sorry for what happen. The noone seems to care about their car anymore. I go to U of DE, and decided to wash my car last week and low and behold, I see that I have some paint scratches on the right side of the bumper like someone tried to park to close to my car. Just don't understand.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:35 AM

how is this for close parking spots.

luckily he couldnt afford the rent and had to move out, so now i have 2 spots hehehehe.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:42 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude, most people when paking like that use bumpers as a guide when to stop. After growing up in Chicago. I'd never paralel park downtown.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:49 AM
jsrbrown

DelawareCLS.... I feel your pain.... 3 days after picking up my car some fuckstick in a beatup blue beretta put a nice size dink right behind my door opening... :angry: I knew it was dick head cuz i made note of his fucked up ride (beat all to hell). Wish I could find his car... :pee: I surely would have parked elsewhere but I was late and the lot was full... to add insult to injury dentwizard tells me there's a reinforcing plate right behind the dink making almost impossible to get to it without drilling into the door frame (NOT). So I guess I will have to live with what this asswipe did till i figure out a way to get it fixed.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:59 AM
Where is my super sauce?

I feel your pain. I really do.

It bewilders me that someone can treat any of their possessions, from their $1 pen to their $50K+ car, like crap -- and then expect you to do the same.

I go through the same rant almost every day. It amazes me that no matter where I park some jerkwad in a mini-van or Ford F350 has to park next to me an squeeze as tight as possible.

There was an old thread linked in Chod's FAQ that reviewed our (CL-S owners) parking habits. A good read.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:22 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by SiGGy
Dude, most people when paking like that use bumpers as a guide when to stop. After growing up in Chicago. I'd never paralel park downtown.
OMG, I know what you mean and have seen it too many times in places like San Francisco-- Its really sick to watch one parallel park and use other cars bumpers as a "Stop Guide"
Old 03-28-2003, 09:22 AM
Where is my super sauce?

I found the old parking thread.
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...ght=%2Apark%2A
Old 03-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Racer

To my surprise, the lady who I left the message for on her windshield called and seemed honest enough about it not being her. I would have been a bit of a stretch since she lives on the other end of the block, so I guess I'm back to square one.

Time for some touch-up paint and hope someone rear ends me in traffic so I can get it fixed.
Old 03-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

I feel the pain, i work in Brooklyn NY, and I would say lots of people here often don't give a crap about there cars. I got the car used since DEC 02, and only had one little dent. Since then after parking in Brooklyn at my job, i got one big ass rub mark on my rear bumper. It looks like the asshole hit me in the middle and then continued to go to push their car out. I was like OMG how can you be so dumb. I have two little dents on the front bumpers. Looks like they backed into it.

And the best is that on the driver side fender, I got two dents on the top of it. It was enough to break the paint. I park on the left side of the street, the fender is on the side walk. What the hell where you doing to do that. The dent are high up so it looks like a suv or something like that. Below it is perfect no scratches. It was you got to be kidding me. And the thing is , that it is a narrow street so it probably wasn't a forklift etc. Damn it I am pissed off as hell now..........
Old 03-28-2003, 01:26 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Time for some touch-up paint and hope someone rear ends me in traffic so I can get it fixed.
Unfortunately, I've said this before too. At some point, if it really bugs you, you can get the bumper replaced. The part is about $250 and paint/labor is about $250 -- about $500 - 600 total for replacement. I know that someone once listed a cheaper source for pre-painted bumpers (although personally, I'd rather have the paint matched by a good body shop). See if you can find that with the search function.

It really is amazing how many people think playing 'bumper cars' is applicable to the real world.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:08 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

I dunno bout you guys but I'm ready to my fuking neighbors. I've let this go many times but now i'm just fed up. These people don't know how to park and if they did they are just some inconsiderate sons of bitches! The lines for the parking spaces are their to guide you and to tell you that your car belongs INSIDE the lines!! Did these people not get it in preschool that you're supposed to color inside the pictures??? WTF!!! So I take my digital camcorder out and record this shit. I take a nice shot of my entire rt. side to show there are no dings or scratches. If I come back and find this shit I'm gonna that fuckin car. I'm a reformed hothead but this is just pushing my buttons. I even let the fucker use my hose once to wash their car! These people obviously have no respect for other peoples personal space. I'll tell you WTF is wrong w/ people nowadays...idiots, no respect, assholes.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, I just don't get it. The other day, I was walking back to my car in a parkinglot. When I got back to my car, I watched a guy back his rusty ol' van into the spot in front of me. He was going really slow and careful...I guess careful enough to touch my bumper but not scratch it. The parking spot was plenty big enough that he could have stopped three feet away...but he had to make sure he hit the car before stopping. Then the guy gets out and leaves. And here I am, standing by my car with a bewildered look on my face...I mean WTF? I didn't bother confronting him because he didn't do any damage and he had little kids with him but still, is that how people think they should park? I've been living in the Twin Cities area for about 6 years now and all I can say is: Citiots suck...I'll never get used to the selfabsorbed ineptitude of some people.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:24 PM
CL 6 speeder

If I remember you have also had the alignment problems. Sorry about the run of bad luck.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:28 PM

LEFT A note?

Some HUGE Cadillac boat parked next to me. So close one day that there was NO way in hell that anyone coulda gotten out on the drivers side.

And this was kinda far out in the parking lot too.

I SAT on TOP of the cadillac for almost an hour waiting for this son of a bitch to come out of the store.

I eventually wrote FUCK YOU down the drivers side door with my keys. I was FURIOUS!

I don't believe in trying to get an insurance companies help on things like that. It's typically more trouble than its worth.

I feel your pain brotha. I would be LIVID!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Banned

the worst is when I take girls out on dates and Im drivng around for 30 mins. to an hour looking for a parking spot even if theres one available but I see possible danger I don't park there. Girls don't understand but I know hey this bitch is temporary the scratch or dent on your car will only effect you and your pocket for a lot longer...unless if she's your wife but she will understand cause its both your money. DO NOT park in questionable areas and DO NOT park in the streets believe me I have stories for days about what has happened to me. Pay for parking and here in NY even there is not good because they're cramped and possibility of scratches.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:13 PM
Homeless

Where in Wilm?

I work downtown & park in the Marriot for a freakin rip-off $155/month...just because I don't want to get my car fvcked up. It's ridiculous. And even in the parking garage I've got people pushing their luck.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by chris3240929
Where in Wilm?

I work downtown & park in the Marriot for a freakin rip-off $155/month...just because I don't want to get my car fvcked up. It's ridiculous. And even in the parking garage I've got people pushing their luck.
dude here in NY I pay $160 a month home cause I take the train to work.. my new car will only be for show only and dents and scratches DO NOT belong on a car like this period. GREAT now with my luck Ill get a scratch and dent crack somebody's head open and end up in jail for the rest of my life or Ill plea bargain and get 15 years and Ill get out when Im 45 yrs.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:27 AM
It's Always Shabbat

Nice to see a few guys from UD around here.. I just graduated last May and now live outside Washington, D.C. I have MD plates with the nice UD logo on them -- it rocks.

A day after getting my bumper fixed, I noticed a scratch (and paint) on the front left of my bumper. That's just the way it goes I guess.

Sorry..

Elliot
Old 03-30-2003, 03:23 PM
1/4 14.4 at 95

my cars is 5 days old and allready have a small ding its going to happen and it sucks im pissed but also we dont have anything on our doors to block peoples doors from hitting because we all know people dont care
Old 03-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Racer

Originally posted by chris3240929
Where in Wilm?

Agreed - downtown garage parking is a rip. I live over in Trolley Square and work down on the Riverfront. At least during the daytime my parking is fine - good lot with decent size spaces. Just so happens that people forget how to park in the evenings.