Worst Cities to Drive in?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2001 | 11:43 AM
Intermediate

Detroit, Cincinnati and Cleveland are about what you'd expect for cities that size. Traffic in Columbus is pretty good, unless they close nearly all of the roads at the same time for construction like they did this year. But Columbus has got to be on the short list for cities with the worst drivers.
I've lived here for years, and it still amazes me. Your commute may be short, but it's an adventure.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLS16:

Well I definitely meant the U.S. Have any of you guys been to Detroit, Phoenix, Cincinnati?...wonder how the traffic is there...

</font>

------------------
2001 CL Type S
Silver
Just like it came from the dealer (except an ashtray)
Old 01-11-2001 | 12:02 PM
4th Gear

It all pretty much sucks, but in my travels the worst I have run into is the downtown Boston area, that place is a mess.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Type S (Non-Nav)
Old 01-11-2001 | 12:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

NYC... 8 million people in a few square miles

------------------
01 Silver 3.2CLs
Old 01-11-2001 | 12:50 PM
magnet

i hear you jayru the palmetto sux ass

------------------
2001 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims, greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)paxton fuel pressure regulator, slammed on nex suspension
Old 01-11-2001 | 07:46 PM
Racer

Ok, I got another solution.

Teleporters, Like in The Fly. Think about it. In the future, instead of getting 20" rims on your cars, you'll be getting Chrome Trim on your teleporter, Quartz glass on the windows, and Gold wires Why not? I'd give up driving to save our minds from going INSANE from the traffic jams.

There HAS to be a solution to high dense traffic problems. It's just gonna get worse and worse to where WALKING will get you from point A to B faster!!!!!

------------------
Old 06-14-2001 | 12:10 AM
Pro

NTC, LA, and miami

------------------
Future "bucket": 96-99 GST/GSX or 93-99 Prelude w/ bolt on turbo
Previous ride: '01 CL-S, Black, dropped 2 in....couldn't make da payments
Old 06-14-2001 | 12:36 AM
Retired. Not available.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jayru:
...Anyone ever wish they could just lift up over traffic and JET over everyone else (like in Back to the Future pt 2) I DREAM of that too! At one point I wanted to add thrusting engines (like what U see on f-18's) to the bottom and rear of my car and be able to THRUST out of traffic!!!!!!!!!!!

</font>
hahaha dream of that every morning. heck, not even dream .. I imagine it too

------------------
'01 Silver CL-S
Painted Mud Guard
Silver Aluminum Pedals
Customed self-installed sound system with 5-channel Kenwood Amp and 10in. Pioneer sub. in Customized box.
(modified) CAI.
Meshed grill.
My Pride
Old 06-14-2001 | 12:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

NYC is in a class by itself.....too many people, too many inconsiderate cab drivers, too many inconsiderate regular drivers, people park their cars/suvs/work trucks in the middle of streets, bicycle riders are everywhere- after driving in the city for one day, its enough to "drive" you to drink- not that it takes alot of anything to drive me to drink .

Los Angeles is nightmarish also from my limited time there and from people I have talked to.

Beltfed
01 CL-S
00 Viper GTS
Old 06-14-2001 | 12:44 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Montreal Canada is the worst place in the world to drive

------------------
Astroboy out...

2001 Acura CL Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, Volk Racing SE37's in 18", goodridge braided brake lines, AEM CAI (blue), APEXi V-AFC, full kicker system, 13" Brembo's on the way with slotted discs for the rear
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks, ported and polished, crillo rods, new valvetrain
1995 VW Golf: 1999 VR6 Swap, H&R Coil Overs, neuspeed strut bars, neuspeed sway bars, 2.5" Stainless TT exhaust w/ Borla, 13" AP Racing big brakes
Old 06-14-2001 | 01:00 AM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mchtypeS:
here miami is the worst traffic

</font>
Hahaha I dunno, my commute to sunrise and back everyday is not too bad.

Now, I can easily say that ALL THE ROADS ARE NO OFFICIALLY FUCKED UP here in miami, thanks to all the bullshit construction going on on virtually every highway here in miami.
Old 06-14-2001 | 01:04 AM
Racer

OMG, look at the date of this thread! Hahaha
Old 06-14-2001 | 01:27 AM
B A N N E D

From: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Manhatten...
It takes 2 hours to get in at 7-8 AM
and takes 3 hours to get out 5-6 PM
The potholes are wider then the prostitutes pussies, and people just friggin walk all over the street paying the cars no mind!
Old 06-14-2001 | 01:43 AM
The Creator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Astroboy:
Montreal Canada is the worst place in the world to drive
</font>
cuz montreal is fuckin lawless! lol

your likely to get your car jacked there

ever notice how everyone in montreal has a car alarm? even shitty ass rusted out 88 civics. lol

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow FogsValentine 1SilverKnight Grill
Xephyr CAIComptech Springs
Old 06-14-2001 | 02:18 AM
Death Metal

its a skill to drive in nyc. for you guys that have never driven there YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
Old 06-14-2001 | 02:27 AM
ALi G in the House!

SANTA MONICA! POT HOLES LIKE CRAZY! RIM BENDERS also if you are heading down towards the valley, the freeway is pretty fucked up 2 my friend bent his 18's on the freeway
Old 06-14-2001 | 02:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

i agree with you bigpoppa21. nyc is in a class by itself. you need real driving skills to drive in nyc. where else do you have to dodge cabbies, vans, trucks, and semis all in the same street. you have to avoid pedestrians because they don't believe in crosswalks and 'don't walk' signs. you have to avoid the idiots who think the yellow light is to speed up when they're blocks away. and i still haven't got to the traffic, never-ending construction, and the potholes that go to china.
Old 06-14-2001 | 02:40 AM
Ambidextrous Masturbator

I would have to say anywhere between Orange County and LA. Since a lot of people travel to LA for work and to Orange County to get home, it makes for plenty of crazy traffic.

Another place that is horrible to drive is Jerusalem, Israel (actually anywhere in Israel.) They have only one main highway to get in and out of the major cities and it can take hours to navigate to them or even worse, through them. (And this is without bombing and terrorists and whatnot.)

I've driven through Rome too. That can be bad at times and getting around the city without hitting any scooters is almost impossible.

------------------
SidVicious
2001 CL Type S w/ NAV in Silver | Wheel Locks | Front Plate (Mounted in the Trunk) | Mobil 1 | Polarg M6 | K&N Filter (Mounted in the Trunk 'til the old one wears out) | Comptech Sways (on the way) | Sungard Tint (30% Sides, 20% Back) | DOM 11/2000 |

1992 Ford Ranger XLT in Silver | F-150 Springs | 3" Body Lift | K&N Filter | Flowmaster Exhaust |

{insert "Green Box 4 Mod!" gif here}
Old 06-14-2001 | 02:47 AM
Instructor

Here in Denver, the traffic sucks ass! The raods here were never built for this many people. Plus we are getting a lot of people from Cali and Texas, and no offense to anyone from this board who lives there, but they do not know how to drive!! We also have the fuckin truck drivers who get in the fast lane and can't even do the speed limit, and while going up hills too. Then there are also the dumb fucks who get in the fast lane and do the speed limit. And we're having this big old construction project on I-25 adding just 1 lane in both directions, and someplaces only 2. And this is going to take 7 years to complete! By then they will need to add at least another 2 or 3 lanes in each direction. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations.

------------------
White/Parchment CLS Spoiler,35% Tint, Gold emblems,Mudflaps,Moonroof Visor, Polarg M6
Old 06-14-2001 | 03:13 AM
Intermediate

Worse roads in LA with a drop car - Downtown, Wilshire, Chinatown, Koreatown, Hollywood, Melrose, Westwood.

Worse Freeway traffic in LA - 101 hollywood anytime of day even at 1am in the morning(not due to construction), 710 at long beach, 110 at los angeles, 5 sacramento(at glendale, 405 at santa ana, 10 at riverside, 60 at pomona.

I still love driving in southern cali though.

------------------
plur
Old 06-14-2001 | 04:16 AM
Ambidextrous Masturbator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 626rocket:
Worse roads in LA with a drop car - Downtown, Wilshire, Chinatown, Koreatown, Hollywood, Melrose, Westwood.

Worse Freeway traffic in LA - 101 hollywood anytime of day even at 1am in the morning(not due to construction), 710 at long beach, 110 at los angeles, 5 sacramento(at glendale, 405 at santa ana, 10 at riverside, 60 at pomona.

I still love driving in southern cali though.

</font>
You forgot Sunset. Trying to get anywhere along Sunset on Friday or Saturday night is impossible. You must learn the side streets. The one good thing about Sunset during these times is the variety of cars trying to get through. I've seen some nice ones there.

------------------
SidVicious
2001 CL Type S w/ NAV in Silver | Wheel Locks | Front Plate (Mounted in the Trunk) | Mobil 1 | Polarg M6 | K&N Filter (Mounted in the Trunk 'til the old one wears out) | Comptech Sways (on the way) | Sungard Tint (30% Sides, 20% Back) | DOM 11/2000 |

1992 Ford Ranger XLT in Silver | F-150 Springs | 3" Body Lift | K&N Filter | Flowmaster Exhaust |

{insert "Green Box 4 Mod!" gif here}
Old 06-14-2001 | 04:45 AM
Pro

I'd have to agree on manhattan. For a car that's piping hangs 2 inches off the ground, I've done the following things to my car. Scratched my headers to hell and busted a hole in the piping for my exhaust.

Other than the quality of the road, have u ever tried to get out of the city @ 4am via the holland or lincoln tunnel? Talk about bumper to bumper, door to door (2 inches apart) Kinda scarey. But I'm from Jersey so I kno how to deal w/ it, my Maryland friends were freaked out.

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
rubber tires, windshield wipers, headlights, horn, steering wheel, BRAKE PEDAL, clutch, brake pads, driver seat, passenger seat, back seat, front windshield, rear windshield (with defroster), lumbar support, cruise control, intermitent wiper control, sun roof (tinted), engine, pistons (only 4), emergency brake handle, trunk w/ tools, spare tire
Old 06-14-2001 | 09:54 AM
Racer

HOUSTON, definitely!!! With all the construction, pickup trucks, SUV's and 18 wheelers. Cars don't have a chance down here.

------------------
CL-S
White/Parchment
Gold Emblems
Mud Guards / Wheel Locks
Spoiler
Winter Floor Mats
Old 06-14-2001 | 11:15 AM
Racer

Guys I'm doing some research on the worst cities to drive in because of traffic, and since there is people from all over the place in this forum, I thought you guys might be able to help. So, what are the worst cities to drive in?
(might be a little off-topic)

</font>
Guys, my research project has been over for the past 5 1/2 months

------------------
01 white/ebony CL-S
Pewter Xephyr CAI
PIAA's 19224
Old 06-14-2001 | 11:54 AM
Darth Chocolate

I've driven a lot of places. Cincinnati, Atlanta, and Indy have traffic, but at least they have *some* sane drivers. When I drove in Chicago, I thought I had finally seen the worst, most inconsiderate driving possible. Then, I got the privilege of driving in Newark and NYC! Oh my! In Newark, they seem to have this little game where every driver tries everything possible to annoy all the other drivers.

Louisville isn't bad at all. We have rush hour traffic, but it's only an HOUR. And I try not to drive during rush hours.

------------------
Sypher (www.sypher.com)
'01 Black CL Type-S
Valentine-1
Old 06-14-2001 | 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator

According to a survey San Diego is 5th on the list of the cities w/the worst traffic.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Got some stuff
14.302 @98.69 Carlsbad Raceway 4/29/01
My Car

PWs, YOU ARE NOT YOUR FREAKIN' POST COUNT!!
Old 06-14-2001 | 11:59 AM
Pro

Without question Los Angeles has the worst traffic.

New Orleans has the worst roads of any city in the United States. Statistically it has the most potholes, everything looks like a washboard. Cars may require frequent alignment.
Old 06-14-2001 | 12:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Actually I change my mind,

Seoul Korea is the worst city to drive.

#1 car accident rate. Just too many car, too many people too little road.

75% of the people run red lights.

To prove how no one stops at a red light,
this tv show was going to give away prizes to this contestant if could pick a redlight in the city and if no one would run the red light with in 10 minute,he would win that simple. But fair enought he lost. w/in 2 min.

also celebritys in korea, have ambulances instead of limos and they simply turn on the siren to get through traffic, but that longer works either. They really don't give a crap.

More people die in traffic in the ambulance, than at the hospitals.

Even im korean Im very ashamed of the traffic situation there. If you can drive in korea, you can drive anywhere else in the world.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter.Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers,Springs,Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.Polarg m6

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 06-14-2001 | 01:34 PM
Pro

Guys, my research project has been over for the past 5 1/2 months

</font>
dude, i was bored last night and i just responded to this mofo! biatch

------------------
Old 06-14-2001 | 01:38 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
75% of the people run red lights.

also celebritys in korea, have ambulances instead of limos and they simply turn on the siren to get through traffic, but that longer works either. They really don't give a crap.

</font>
That reminds me of this part of Miami called Hialeah, I HATE driving around there.
Old 06-14-2001 | 01:43 PM
pumpkin escobar

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
You ain't seen nothing till you come to va's beltway. madd madd traffic. use to take me like 1 hour to go about 8 miles to work going through the belt way (495) also there doing the nationz largest highway construction gonna take 8 years to fix 395 and 495 merging area aka mixing bowl. i think dc traffic is second after cali. literally moving 5 mph every 3 min. on the high way

</font>
true, the md/va/dc area traffic is the worst by far....not only do we have mad traffic during rush hour, we have mad traffic 24/7...it sucks ass....and its given me road rage!
Old 06-14-2001 | 02:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

I vote for the D.C. belt, and I live 3000 miles away!
Old 06-14-2001 | 03:11 PM
Instructor

whoever did not say nyc has never driven in nyc (manhatten) during rush hour or any hour for that matter cause its all rush hour

------------------
2001 cl maybe s in august
Old 06-14-2001 | 03:21 PM
Pro

Atlanta is not that bad, but it is growing way too fast. It is traditional in Atlanta to honk your horn at cars that don't move the instant the light changes. wtf? damn not everyone is a dragster with a response time of 1ms.
Old 06-14-2001 | 03:48 PM
Instructor

no doubt pittsburgh.....
crappy roads : pot holes, cracks, small lanes
and not a single straight away in sight

lived in LA, SF previously and yes the traffic is bad but when it isn't it's a nice place to drive....

don't like NY too much either just too many people on the damn streets...and talk about crazy taxi drivers...they don't give a shiet if you drive a ferrari or porsche...always the fastest on the road

philly....yeah philly's pretty bad too

but pittsburgh is the most unforgiving place you can drive a nice car

------------------
good to have a CLS...sux to be in pittsburgh
Old 06-14-2001 | 04:04 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod:
That reminds me of this part of Miami called Hialeah, I HATE driving around there.</font>
mothefu*ker!! i live in hialeah!!! hey, but then again, i'm guilty for that, haha! you kendall people drive like shit too! preepy boys

------------------
Old 06-14-2001 | 04:35 PM
magnet

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dyno_CL-S:
mothefu*ker!! i live in hialeah!!! hey, but then again, i'm guilty for that, haha! you kendall people drive like shit too! preepy boys

</font>
oye brode en hialeah nadia sabe manejar ok acere

------------------
2001 3.5 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter, dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished,s-afc, vtec timing

INFECTED WITH POST WHORE SYNDROME
Old 06-14-2001 | 04:38 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mchtypeS:
oye brode en hialeah nadia sabe manejar ok acere
</font>
oye caballo! que bola balsero!

------------------
Old 06-14-2001 | 07:01 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dyno_CL-S:

</font>
LOL...I figured someone from this board would live in Hialeah. Most people in Miami drive like shit, but I just hate driving through Hialeah. They really don't pay attention to ambulances with their sirens on.
Old 06-14-2001 | 08:26 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Wow, who brought this back?? How did the research paper come out?? I would like to change my answer.....

New York
Boston
Los Angeles

In that order.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Polished CAI
Polarg M6
Solaris 9005
Cupholder Ver 2.0 Part#77237-SOK-A02
DOM 3/2000

gto2050 (Mike) - The voice of absolutely no reason whatsoever!
Old 06-15-2001 | 01:13 PM
magnet

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod:
LOL...I figured someone from this board would live in Hialeah. Most people in Miami drive like shit, but I just hate driving through Hialeah. They really don't pay attention to ambulances with their sirens on.</font>
they tailgate the ambulances there

------------------
2001 3.5 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter, dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished,s-afc, vtec timing

INFECTED WITH POST WHORE SYNDROME

Quick Reply: Worst Cities to Drive in?