Window motor saga.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001 | 03:49 PM
The Creator

Window motor saga.....

As you know... I went in at my 12k service and complained about my windows chattering as they go down.

They said I needed a new motor on my driver side. And they would order the part and call me when it came in...

I called like a week later and they didnt have it... then they never called.

So now Im due for 15k service... I ask them about the part... they say they have it but I have to leave my car for 3-4 hours. (Which is a total bitch)

And I asked about the passenger side window... they say they have to look at the car first before they can order the part. Which I guess makes sense but its frustrating that now I have to come in TWICE for a 3 hour install. Something I just dont have time for.

My damn passenger side acts the same as the driver side... so why cant they just agree to replace them both.

Stupid fuckin Acura dealers... I hate them.

I just happened to be at their website too...

$429/mo for a 36mo lease with 2k down on TLS or CLS.

Does Acura think they are Lexus now?!?! When I got my TL I payed like $269 mo for the SAME lease.

If I was to pay Lexus/BMW prices id get a Lex/BMW

Anyway this service BS is pissin me off. I dont have the f-in time for this CRAP. THey should be calling me... I shouldnt have to jump down their throats every fucking day.

I had to fight with them just now because they were saying "we have no record of you needing that part"

fucking fuck heads. fuck!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow FogsValentine 1SilverKnight Grill
Xephyr CAIComptech Springs

[This message has been edited by soopa (edited 06-19-2001).]
Old 06-19-2001 | 04:01 PM
Pro

Soopa!!!! Ouch!!!

We're not all stupid you know

------------------
Wayne Gruen
Service Manager
Park Ave Acura
*** The opinions expressed above are my own and I in no way speak for American Honda or Acura. ***

2002 TL-S Black on Black
Factory Body Kit, Factory Spoiler, Comptech Springs, Comptech Sways, Comptech Headers, Comptech Exhaust, Xephyr CAI
Tuning by Jens

[This message has been edited by wayneg (edited 06-19-2001).]
Old 06-19-2001 | 04:05 PM
Safety Car

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:
As you know... I went in at my 12k service and complained about my windows chattering as they go down.

They said I needed a new motor on my driver side. And they would order the part and call me when it came in...

I called like a week later and they didnt have it... then they never called.

So now Im due for 15k service... I ask them about the part... they say they have it but I have to leave my car for 3-4 hours. (Which is a total bitch)

And I asked about the passenger side window... they say they have to look at the car first before they can order the part. Which I guess makes sense but its frustrating that now I have to come in TWICE for a 3 hour install. Something I just dont have time for.

My damn passenger side acts the same as the driver side... so why cant they just agree to replace them both.

Stupid fuckin Acura dealers... I hate them.

I just happened to be at their website too...

$429/mo for a 36mo lease with 2k down on TLS or CLS.

Does Acura think they are Lexus now?!?! When I got my TL I payed like $269 mo for the SAME lease.

If I was to pay Lexus/BMW prices id get a Lex/BMW

Anyway this service BS is pissin me off. I dont have the f-in time for this CRAP. THey should be calling me... I shouldnt have to jump down their throats every fucking day.

I had to fight with them just now because they were saying "we have no record of you needing that part"

fucking fuck heads. fuck!

</font>
Dude, tell me about it..............

I share the feeling man, but I think at least my dealership follows up on service done, like with a satisfaction survey phone call. I also have the same windown problem and they will replace the switch. I am very skeptical if that will solve the problem, but I have to see.

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...513&a=12224080
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
Old 06-19-2001 | 05:15 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

There is VERY little "customer service" left in this country......it's becoming "SELF-SERVICE" !!!!!

------------------
"We're spoiled rotten"
Waiting for 6 speed manual CLS !
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, Comptech Sway Bars,Kyocera Smartphone/Palm powered otherwise pure stock/PIF (Paid In Full)
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock/PIF (Paid In Full)!
Old 06-19-2001 | 05:18 PM
Advanced

SHITTTTTTTT!!!! my window is also busted!! the POS wont come back up!!

------------------
Silver 2001 CL Type S
navi
stock...
Waiting for CHRIS to give me back my money so i can order a GOOD CAI.
Photos: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...a=13263125&f=0
DOM : 3/2000
Old 06-19-2001 | 05:41 PM
SatinCL

you can thank the over-confident residuals for your low lease. Want the bad news? With a lease payment like that AHFC says our cars are rocks in water.

Oh well.

------------------
Ken
'01 Satin Silver CL-P
Performance: Headers, K&N Drop-In, Comptech Springs/Sways, 17" Borbet T's & Eagle RS-A's.
Other: Flaps, X-Pel Clear Bra, Cannon Mats, & Burlwood Shift Knob.

Worst Stock GTech: 7.15
Current G-Tech (2/11): 6.33

DOM: 5/00
Old 06-19-2001 | 06:20 PM
aka davo-tsx

I dread taking my car in Thursday morning and having to teach them about the actuator problems.

When I called my S.A. to make an appointment and explained what I needed to bring it in for, he admitted he was clueless and never heard/seen that problem before. I hate to be the first (guinea pig) to bring this to their attention, but maybe they'll check for it on other Type S's that come in for service. I'd have to give my service dept. an 8/10, they haven't let me down yet.

------------------
'01 CLS #4055 Red/Parchment-all the goodies