View Poll Results: You want a BODYKIT for the CL?
HELL YES! I have the money and want to put it down now!
45.71%
Yes
48.57%
No
5.71%
Who cares
0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Who wants a BODY KIT that looks GOOD?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 06:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who wants a BODY KIT that looks GOOD?

I need a POLL to see how many are interested in a body kit for our car that would look similar to the TL kit, or the same kits that are on the Maxima from Stillen. I have contacts at Stillen that might be willing to make us a body kit that doesn't look bad but makes the car look sharp. But they need to see the interest on who is willing to pop down the funds. Basically you will have to be ready to pop the money down, they will start making it, and send them out. Normal prices are around $800~ for a body kit from them. I can not gurantee even if we have 500 people, they may still not think that is enough. No one has ever called them on the car for one, and I am trying to get someone to make one. Here is a body kit on a 2000+ Maxima and what it would look similar too. We need this, so reply!

Old 05-06-2002, 07:13 PM
Got BOOST????

wish i could but my car is so low now, if i put one on, it's gonna get ripped off.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:07 PM
Burning Brakes

I would be willing to put down the money right now if it looked like the TL kit.... I like the way it looks on CharlesNguyen's car.... I'd have to see what it would look like first..... I know people 'round here who do fabrications so i gave some colored print outs of Charles' car to see what they can do.... they said they could more than likely do it, I'm just waiting for them to get back to me..... Thing is, I know it's gonna cost a grip..... If stillen is thinking of making something similar then i'm gonna be willing to wait.... Keep me updated on how everything goes.... thanx...

*sorry CharlesNguyen, that kit is tooo HOT.... had to copy your style *
Old 05-06-2002, 08:25 PM
Burning Brakes

If it was available I would buy it right now. Would they also be able to do a lip spoiler for the trunk?
And for painting, would this be a visit to my local PA Acura friends?
Old 05-06-2002, 08:32 PM
Racer

Originally posted by erock
I would be willing to put down the money right now if it looked like the TL kit.... I like the way it looks on CharlesNguyen's car.... I'd have to see what it would look like first..... I know people 'round here who do fabrications so i gave some colored print outs of Charles' car to see what they can do.... they said they could more than likely do it, I'm just waiting for them to get back to me..... Thing is, I know it's gonna cost a grip..... If stillen is thinking of making something similar then i'm gonna be willing to wait.... Keep me updated on how everything goes.... thanx...

*sorry CharlesNguyen, that kit is tooo HOT.... had to copy your style *
If anyone can come up w/ a nice kit, we CLers deserve atleast 1 nice kit for our cars :P ... Damn, the IS300 has tons to choose from... and we don't even have one
Old 05-06-2002, 08:52 PM
Racer

Here's my food for thoughts...

Stillen is doing smart business for asking for deposits before they could start on a kit... They don't want to invest the money to fabricate a kit & don't sell enough to make a profit.

But it's risky from a customers point of view, plopping down $800- 1K w/o seeing what the actual result looks like & don't know how long for the kit to be completed.

If Stillen could come up w/ design for the kit, & the consumers like the kit, & give approximate time for kit completion, then we could put 10% down for the kit & pay in full when the kit is done. Atleast this way, it's not too risky for both sides.

Just a simple proposal, don't know if it'll fly w/ Stillen.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Old 05-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Instead of all the mystery of an unknown kit, just get a company (Acura, Stillen, whoever) to make the TL kit for our car so we can all have the ability to look as pimp as Charles Nguyen.

Someone make a poll asking, "If there was a TL-style bodykit for our car, would you buy it?" Because more people would say yes to a design they are familiar with the looks of and be willing to put money down on that. At least I know I am.