WHAT KIND OF TINT ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2001 | 10:43 AM
Intermediate

WHAT KIND OF TINT ???

I just bought my '01 CL Type S. It's Black/Ebony with a spoiler. I'm kind of undecided on the type of tint I want to put on. Any suggestions for those with black CLS'?? Would the standard 35% black make the car look too black and dark ? What about that titanium/silver look ? got any pics so I can decide? THANKS A BUNCH !!! )

------------------
2001 CL-Type S Black/Ebony/Spoiler
Ahhh, I'm in love!
Old 02-13-2001 | 11:01 AM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CarBoi2:
I just bought my '01 CL Type S. It's Black/Ebony with a spoiler. I'm kind of undecided on the type of tint I want to put on. Any suggestions for those with black CLS'?? Would the standard 35% black make the car look too black and dark ? What about that titanium/silver look ? got any pics so I can decide? THANKS A BUNCH !!! )

Dude.. Get the 35% Chrome tint... I have the same Car exterior/interior color.. Everyone likes it.. They say it doesn't make the car look too dark. Plus they love the mirror effect. You can still peer into the driver side window if you are close to the window.. But motorist passing my simply see their reflections... Haven't been stopped by cops even where passenger/driver windows can not be tinted... Even the guys at my dealer keep asking me where i got it down.. they love that it's not black but blends well with the car.. I also noticed the blue tone tot he car after getting it washed from the dealer last nite.. The car looked black until last nite.. Thought it was someone else's car 'till I noticed my accessories on it. Will post pics soon.
</font>

[This message has been edited by j_o_e_y (edited 02-13-2001).]
Old 02-13-2001 | 03:12 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
I also noticed the blue tone tot he car after
getting it washed from the dealer last nite.. The car looked black until last nite..
Thought it was someone else's car 'till I noticed my accessories on it. Will post pics
soon.
</font>
Aha! Conspiracy!
I have a Monterey Blue, and if it were any darker, it could easily be mistaken for a black during the day,..i.e. a couple more coats or something

at night it's pretty much a "black" until under a light and then you notice its not.

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Monterey Blue, Parchment interior
Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=10358832

Club Events Moderator
Old 02-13-2001 | 03:23 PM
Pro

I also have a black/ebony CL-S with spoiler. I decided the 20% tint will look like limo tint on a black car, black interior. I am probably going to go with 30% tint.
Old 02-13-2001 | 04:41 PM
Intermediate

Hey, thanks for the info.. yeah, i was kind of thinking the chrome/platinum finish would look pretty sleek on a CL-S with black exterior.. I'm gonna check it out soon and we'll see what happens!

thanks again!

------------------
2001 CL-Type S Black/Ebony/Spoiler
Ahhh, I'm in love!