What do you think about tucson

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001 | 02:06 PM
4th Gear

What do you think about tucson

I live in tucson arizona, and i used to own a honda crv but in the last 2 months my car got stolen twise.. So, i was thinking of getting a acura cl, type s. Do you think that is a good idea?

I am trying to deside between the cl-s and the bmw 330ci. It would be great if anyone has an opionon on which i should get don't care about which is nicer or faster but which is less likely to be stolen :-)

thank you so much !!
Old 11-22-2001 | 04:15 PM
Burning Brakes

I have a friend down there who has had his Chevy 4WD truck stolen (and recovered) twice also. Both times by illegals from south of the border. I love Tucson but there's an element there, mostly on the south side, that requires the need to step up security a notch. The foothills and east part of town are nice but in other areas, I'd prefer a garage to park my car in at night with the Acura or BMW. As was mentioned in another thread, any car can be stolen if the thief wants it so I wouldn't let that sway choices for which car to get. That's what insurance is for.

If money were not an issue, my choice would be the 330ci through their Euro delivery program. But I looked at the big picture before purchasing. Many BMW dealers won't come down much from MSRP whereas my Acura dealer had no problem negotiating to a price we both felt was fair. The CL has lower insurance rates than the BMW. The CL has lower estimated maintenance costs. Also, the BMW has slightly lower depreciation rate compared to the CL but with the higher purchase price, the end result is after *3 to 5* years, you're still losing more money with the BMW since the CL has a much lower initial price to start depreciating from. You only live once though so you gotta get what makes you happy. Take them both for test drives and continue doing research. The answer will come to you eventually.
Old 11-22-2001 | 07:19 PM
Instructor

theres crime in arizona??
Old 11-22-2001 | 08:35 PM
4th Gear

LOL

WE have the top amount of crime in the nation
Old 11-22-2001 | 08:41 PM
Banned

Re: LOL

Originally posted by gigglez
WE have the top amount of crime in the nation

Ah ha! But are you the most dangerous city per capita in the US? Reading, PA has that title! Go Reading! :P
Old 11-23-2001 | 03:43 PM
Burning Brakes

I like Tucson a lot, I'm a native. However, I work in Green Valley and therefore my view of Tucson as an exciting place is definatly biased. Yeah, car theft is one the biggest problems we face. I'd get an alarm that you're comfortable with and pay for full coverage on whichever car you end up buying.

I like BMW a lot, I think they make a great car regardless of the model. However, I bought my Acura at Beaudry on 22nd because of the value. When I compared not just engine performance but the whole package of a luxury interior and space. I found that the CL offered a good atempt at a equivalent car, but at a much lower price, gave me an obvious choice. Besides, then you'll come here more often!
Old 11-23-2001 | 10:49 PM
ALi G in the House!

shes gunna get a cl type s w/ nav...85% sure
Old 11-24-2001 | 11:23 AM
- daemonichris -

haha i think a CL-S or a 330i would be more likely to get stolen than a honda CRV!

and try to use c's more... it's "twice" and "decide"... just for your future reference