Wayneg - What is the best way for us to voice our opinion on things with Acura?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002 | 06:35 PM
Adult Supervision

Wayneg - What is the best way for us to voice our opinion on things with Acura?

I mean, there have to be some people who are up the ladder far enough to be able to really effect some change or at least hear our reasonable complaints. Things like transmissions or wheel scratching or seat belt retraction etc.

I know we sometimes get a little off the wall but most of the time we are talking about things that I as a car product manager would be interesting in hearing about. As someone in the product business (not cars) I know that getting info from my customers is hard and key.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-02-2002 | 07:11 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

I would love to know the answer to this question, too. I tried the 1-800 Acura number and the man i spoke to was clueless. I would think issues like trans, wheels etc are important.
Old 01-02-2002 | 07:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Both the Acura Customer Service Center and TLC are run by third party call center operators under contract to Acura. The people you speak to aren't even Acura employees and make close to minimum wage. The turnover is huge which explains why you sometimes get someone who is helpful and knowledgeable and sometimes you get someone who does nothing but read a computer generated script based on the code number of your complaint.

As for reaching Acura HQ, it's hit or miss. I met Dick Colivier, they're VP Sales, at a trade show and he responded to an issue I had ordering my MDX. From what I've read though, Acura HQ isn't real good at responding to individual customers and handles most issues through the dealer or regional reps.
Old 01-02-2002 | 07:58 PM
www.drippinwet.com

when you get your service survey there are places for you to write comments about the car, be sure if your satisfied with your servicing dealer not to take out any thing you don't like about the car on them, the questions are based mainly on how you are treated at the dealership, not specifically about the vehicle, but you can write all you want about seat belts, wheels, and such, they do get read, and they have CAG meetings, (customer advocate groups) to discuss things like that, if they think it is cost effective or enough people want a change sometimes it is implemented into a production change or an update
Old 01-02-2002 | 10:12 PM
Race Director

That's too bad it has to be done that way. It would be better if Acura could informally respond to posts right here in this forum. Unofficially. Which they probably are, reading these posts.

I am in a position to do this at Sprint PCS and I know I read the Sprint PCS forum every day. Granted I don't participate openly because it is an unmoderated forum but if I read something that I understand is a problem or even some of the suggestions, I can act on it right away. Ok, I know it is just a phone and it takes longer to implement changes in cars but I guess I'm just refering to the concept of interacting with the customers. I only wish I could talk to these guys (guys like you) right on the forum but I wouldn't have the time to address everyone and would be overloaded with questions. Plus there are about a dozen a-holes on there who would make life miserable for me knowing the way Sprint is in some places.

BTW, I would never read some survey letter or pay much attention to customer complaints. That's for the complaint department to care about, tallying those up and responding to customers however they like to. My job is in the design, engineering, implementation, and marketing of these devices and I'd rather hear from the experts. Everyone at work tells me "these guys are less than 1% of our customer base...."
Old 01-02-2002 | 11:08 PM
www.drippinwet.com

you never know who is reading and not responding
Old 01-03-2002 | 11:44 AM
Adult Supervision

bump

Wayne - any thoughts?
Old 01-03-2002 | 03:55 PM
Pro

Sorry it took so long to answer- I have been very busy taking care of the cleanup and repair from the fire- its done now

As far as contacting Acura- The customer care center in CA is the starting point. The people who answer the phones do indeed work for Acura but are not "in charge". They are usually in the final stages of training to go out in the field as District Reps. They can, however, relay your concerns to the proper department. I know that people who do make decisions for Acura read the boards at least sometimes. The District Reps are the "go-betweens" the dealers and corporate. Writing letters to the corporate headquarters may help, but remember, you have to be civil and clear in explaining your concerns- venting and ranting won't get anything. Acura is very customer oriented- i know sometimes it seems like they just don't hear- but they do. I know they are working furiously to put an end to the tranny problems, they just don't advertise what they are doing. Remember- it takes a tremendous amount of work to get a design or feature change as well as the associated government approval, and most of all, it takes time and money- all of which have to be balanced against the probable gain- it is a business too!
I guess there is no clear answer other than to not give up- they are listening!
Old 01-03-2002 | 04:15 PM
Suzuka Master

very well spoken Wayne.

Best wishes to Park Avenue in 2002.

Old 01-04-2002 | 07:20 AM
Instructor

Acura management not responding

I have written two letters to Mr. Kurt Antonius, Senior Manager Corporate Public Relations , American Honda, regarding the tire and transmissmion problems on our CLS , but have not received a response. It seems like American Honda does not care about the buyers of their products.