Warped Rotors - Bad Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 12:07 PM
Silver Bullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warped Rotors - Bad Dealership

I just called up Keys Acura in Van Nuys, CA and told them that my rotors are warped. I told them about the bulletin and they guy (DON) told me that the brakes are not covered by anything....that it is a maintenance thing....that it is normal wear & tear.....I was like ' Wait, the bulletin says I have the wrong pads which caused my rotors to get warped." He pretty much told me that I had to pay to get them done.....then I called the Calabasas, CA Acura dealership and he( Anthony) told me to fax him the bulletin.....don't they have that in their records?.....I think both these dealerships are trying to hose me....what can I do? Someone please help me or give me some advice.....I want to get my car fixed under the "F'ing" warranty that I got when I bought my car for a couple grand....what the hell ....sorry for venting..please help!!
Old 07-29-2002, 12:13 PM
Meat Popsicle

I made no mention of the service bulletin when I had mine done. Just reported that the wheel was shaking under braking in heavy traffic.
The tech told me about the service bulletin on the tape he left me telling me what he did.

Try another dealer. Try reporting the problem and not mentioning the service bulletin number. They should be well aware of the issue.

BTW, my dealer, Continental Acura in Lisle IL is just great.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:27 PM
Burning Brakes

go to your dealer and have them write up your complaint exactly and then show them the bulletin and say that they are obligated to do the work under warranty. if they balk, ask to use their phone and ask what the regional service reps number is

they will get the message

just be pleasant and professional

g/l
Old 07-29-2002, 01:00 PM
One Bad Mutha

Location: From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
Bro,

I know its a drive, but Weir Canyon Acura in Anahiem Hills off the 91 fwy asks no questions, did it for me on a Sat in a couple of hours, freshly turned rotors and new pads after 16,700, and I had already had them turned and replaced once at 10,500! Something tells me the Brembo rotors and pads are worth the extra cash!
Old 07-29-2002, 01:24 PM
Drifting

Re: Warped Rotors - Bad Dealership

Originally posted by madmax-cl
I just called up Keys Acura in Van Nuys, CA and told them that my rotors are warped. I told them about the bulletin and they guy (DON) told me that the brakes are not covered by anything....that it is a maintenance thing....that it is normal wear & tear.....I was like ' Wait, the bulletin says I have the wrong pads which caused my rotors to get warped." He pretty much told me that I had to pay to get them done.....then I called the Calabasas, CA Acura dealership and he( Anthony) told me to fax him the bulletin.....don't they have that in their records?.....I think both these dealerships are trying to hose me....what can I do? Someone please help me or give me some advice.....I want to get my car fixed under the "F'ing" warranty that I got when I bought my car for a couple grand....what the hell ....sorry for venting..please help!!
Those are the EXACT SAME two dealerships I go to. I bought my car at Keyes, but lately I've been getting tired of their bullshit, so I've been going to Acura 101 West (I think that's the one you called; it's in Calabasas.)
So they said they wouldn't fix the brakes? Damn, I'm having the same problems, and I was thinking of giving them a call. What should we do now? Do you guys think they will fix it under warranty if we show them the TSB?
Old 07-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Cruisin'

Acura has some really bad brakes I think. I have to turn mine 2 or three times a year. Had to do the same thing with my Integra.

My dad actually traded in his Legend after a year or less because he had to constantly take it in for the rotors.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:10 PM
Rx Master

i was just turned away from 2 dealerships today and yesterday becasue of my brakes, they said that i didnt have enought pad left and it was too low for it to be servicable under the warranty. That is bullshit cause it doesnt say that there is a limit to how low and how many miles they will cover it up to. When they said that they wouldnt do it, i said can i have a phone and called acura customer assistance. I told them that my dealership wouldnt do it under warranty and this was part of a serivice bullitin and they said they will look into it and call me back. That was earlier today and i didnt hear from them yet, maybe tom. ill post when i get a aswer,
wg
Old 07-30-2002, 11:46 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm friggin amazed at the differences at dealerships. Most of us have had no problems, and the dealers are well aware of the TSB.