Void Void Void!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 10:49 PM
?!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Void Void Void!!!

i suppose that spraying completely voids any shred of a warranty for the tranny even with the upgraded 100k warranty?

if the intake and exhaust didnt do it, im sure that it would also void the engine warranty too

thanks
Old 01-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
only if you get caught
Old 01-09-2003, 11:09 PM
?!?

acura mechanics aren't THAT dumb are they
Old 01-09-2003, 11:40 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
The ones where I go are, they could not find a bad head gasket on my wife's 1990 Integra!
Old 01-10-2003, 12:02 AM
?!?

anyone know???
Old 01-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
yes, if they see it all warrantys will be void, i'm sure.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:48 AM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
they'll usually void it for any stupid reason, like the guys who got the hassle of not getting their trannies replaced because they had an intake. what the heck does the intake gotta do with the tranny? do they even know what part is connected to what?
Old 01-10-2003, 03:48 AM
Pro

Its stuff like this that makes me hate Acura service departments . They act like they are doing us a fucking favor by fixing our cars under warranty. I know they get paid less by Acura for performing warranty work, but they are still getting paid well. Do they think once they refuse to perform warranty work and make up some B.S. excuses for it, that we are actually gonna pay their outragous prices for some idiot just out of school to fix it???

When I was having them replace my screwed tranny, I got into a huge argument with the service manager. On the paperwork they gave me to sign, it said that the transmission was replaced in "good will"!!! WTF is that?? That pushed me over the limit and I exploded . After a while of intense arguing, I finally made them change it and write "faulty transmission replaced under warranty." Same thing happened when they had to re-leather my seat because it was peeling abnormally. I hate Acura for doing this kind of shit.

That's why I bought an extended warranty from my credit union instead of from Acura. It cost about half the price of what Acura quoted me. I went through every item/part which is covered an not covered, and it actually covers a few more things than the Acura extended warranty. The best part is that I can take my car too ANY mechanic. Since two of my buddies own a mechanic shop, they are going to be doing all my warranty work..........and they are not gonna care about any modifications made to the car. I have 45,200 miles right now, and they are installing my nitrous kit right after I hit 50,000 miles.

By service departments doing shit like this, its giving Acura a really bad name. I know many people that have avoided buying an Acura because they don't want these kinds of problems when it comes time to fix something. I have seen numerous posts talking about how people from this forum would not buy another Acura because of service department experiences. They are loosing a lot of future customers!!

Acura : If you are listening/reading this, time to get off that high pedistal, before you fall off and get hurt!!!!

All of the above does not apply to Park Avenue Acura. They should be used as a model for excellent service and customer relations. I have never been there (since I am in CA), but several of my friends from the New York area have told me many good things.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:07 AM
im back

i dunno man, everyone complains about rallye acura's service dept sucking, but i've never had a problem with them. The service manager was actually asking me questions about my car, asked whats done to it blah blah, he liked it. Then told me not to worry about my warranty because everything's comptech.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:36 AM

If you've got the money to cover a new engine if it needs one, then go for it, and spray all you want.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, just cuz the car still ain't gonna be that fast...
Old 01-10-2003, 07:40 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

If it's CompTech and the mods were Acura dealer installed, they should cover warranty work without any problem.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Drifting

Let me get this correct. People are complaining about putting NOS onto their rides, and complaining that Acura voids the warranty? These wouldn't be the same people that complain about somebody suing McDonald's for serving boiling coffee (coffee is supposed to be Hot). You do something to a product that is not normal/approved you void the warranty. You don't agree, don't buy the product. Now, if a dealer won't fix something do to a mod that doesn't effect the problem: "Hang em High!". YMMV
Old 01-10-2003, 08:43 AM
My Home Planet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by CO-CL-S
Let me get this correct. People are complaining about putting NOS onto their rides, and complaining that Acura voids the warranty? These wouldn't be the same people that complain about somebody suing McDonald's for serving boiling coffee (coffee is supposed to be Hot). You do something to a product that is not normal/approved you void the warranty. You don't agree, don't buy the product. Now, if a dealer won't fix something do to a mod that doesn't effect the problem: "Hang em High!". YMMV
Funny, that's what I was thinking!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 08:55 AM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

Like everyone else is saying, only if you get caught....i figure that you are probably almost at your warranty's end b/c its a 2001....just do it and make sure they hide the box real well. And if anything happens, take the line out. Ive gotta go in for my service in a couple of weeks, im just gonna take the bottle out of the back and hopefully the mechanic wont see my zex box .

Oh yeah, TypeSkid, you have no idea how fast our cars are w/ spray, but then again, a lot cars are fast w/ spray, but i bet you wouldnt knock it when your riding side by side w/ a vette
Old 01-10-2003, 09:51 AM
Honkey

Just pull your nitrous out before you take it to the dealer. I seriously doubt they'll ever know. Just be smart about it.

-Aaron
Old 01-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
and yesterday we had a post abt the dealer using acura-cl.com too
Old 01-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally posted by Pappy
If it's CompTech and the mods were Acura dealer installed, they should cover warranty work without any problem.
actually, the cerritos acura dealer in CA. doesn't warranty the work. they can order comptech parts, but their service department doesn't honor warranty if anything goes wrong.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:48 AM
im back

by law that can't do that, its the magnuson warranty act where unless the can prove in court that the part you put on your car caused the malfunction they can't void your warranty
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm
Old 01-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Just call me DADDY!!!

Originally posted by I am RobG
by law that can't do that, its the magnuson warranty act where unless the can prove in court that the part you put on your car caused the malfunction they can't void your warranty
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm
The dealers are going to say that mods are going void your warranty, but they are lying to you. They have prove it tho.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:41 PM
I hate the Mets

Originally posted by 2Sxy4YoMama
The dealers are going to say that mods are going void your warranty, but they are lying to you. They have prove it tho.
But then once Acura says - we will not honor your warrantee, you have to take them to court, put money out of pocket, and go through all the hassel...Yes, you may get your way in the end--But damn do they hassle you
Old 01-11-2003, 01:48 AM
?!?

all those guys saying why complain if u mod the car... all i did was ask a question, never saying acura was a btich about it so