vip style.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vip style.

i just had a nice long chat with my buddy. i told him i was gonna start getting seriuos about modding the cl. i told him i was going to slam it and later on get 19-20" wheels. first thing out of his mouth "oh vip style" my reply: dude my car is a cuope and its not black or white. he said i had my facts wrong. why do i bother?!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Racer

he's your friend.....
Old 07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
VIP Style are typically large, expensive, rear-wheel drive sedans
1) CL isn't large
2) CL isn't RWD
3) CL isn't a sedan

3 strikes, you're OUT !! Time for new friends...
Old 07-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Wait...I just blacked out

i actually really dig on the VIP style
Old 07-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evan03CL
i actually really dig on the VIP style
... his point is that the cl is not suitable

lol but +1 i do too, then again i like american muscle and low riders
Old 07-08-2008, 10:49 PM

i could see the CL being "VIP" if it had a more "bulky" body kit on it and some large deep dishes. Might look good, who knows. I don't have the money to figure it out, haha.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
... his point is that the cl is not suitable

lol but +1 i do too, then again i like american muscle and low riders
werd. VIP is sick. maybe when i grow I'll get me a big ole gas gussling JDM sadan and pimp it out...lol..
Old 07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
It doesn't have to be a 4 door to be VIP style. Or RWD for that matter. It would be VIP style. Not VIP. I think you should do it.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02type-s
It doesn't have to be a 4 door to be VIP style. Or RWD for that matter. It would be VIP style. Not VIP. I think you should do it.
i think your missing the point, my friend is a idiot... lol.. i'm going to go ahead with my vision. i'm looking at some voughtlan <spelling?) springs for the drop.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 PM
W WHIP.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doggy style, its just a style, we dont have to go outside and.....

sorry i got caught up. and uh. since when were VIP cars only black or white? An actual Vip Car only has a couple platforms. The Lexus GS and LS models as well as the Infiniti Q45's and maybe the M's? I can't recall. But either way, if you're going for that, your car would fall under Vip Style, as previously stated. Which can essentially be anything with a hard drop, crazy offsets which have your wheels pretty much lined up with the body of your car, and follow with the luxury side of things like all Vip cars have.

Your friend is technically right, if you did the things listed above, your CL could be considered Vip Style. But hey, its your car, do what you want to it. Good Luck,
Old 07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZeroCL

sorry i got caught up. and uh. since when were VIP cars only black or white? An actual Vip Car only has a couple platforms. The Lexus GS and LS models as well as the Infiniti Q45's and maybe the M's? I can't recall. But either way, if you're going for that, your car would fall under Vip Style, as previously stated. Which can essentially be anything with a hard drop, crazy offsets which have your wheels pretty much lined up with the body of your car, and follow with the luxury side of things like all Vip cars have.

Your friend is technically right, if you did the things listed above, your CL could be considered Vip Style. But hey, its your car, do what you want to it. Good Luck,
agreed...well said
Old 07-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Banned

thumbs up on the info.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Not a doctor

VIP.

NOT vip.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:14 AM
SANJOCL

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
man ive never been on this side of the site.

but doesnt have requirements for media (type of car) that you work with? like you can only have a certain lexus or whatever. and i think it specifically says that it doesnt matter how fixed up yer car is, if its not what theyre looking for, its not VIP...

kinda wack but understandable.

and ive seen some clean ass CLs first and second gen. i guess it just depends on how you fix it up and how much money yer willing to spend
Old 07-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Banned

i havent seen any nice cl's in my neck of the woods. nothing but civics and xions. this going to be along term project
Old 07-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Unregistered user

vip plateforms are just bulkier, the 3rd gen is a better choice, but so far all the cars on the acura platform is more sleek looking where as the older lexus/toyotas ("jdm") are bulkier...

the cl classifies as under "sleek" which leads to more "sporty" looking. jdm is far from sporty. large multipiece (heavy) wheels... high offsets with small diameter wheels doesn't really make the cl as a vip car.

i can see how we can try to get the vip style as well, but no enthusiast can say oh vip right away. the 2nd gen tl board has rev-01 who did a "vip style" and it just looks more sporty than vip to me even though it had some shallen cx wheels (very vip wheels)...

we can make the cl a low rider :tomatoe: i'm starting to respect low riders =P, but i'll stick with the cl

edit: vip styling is all about over emphasizing everything.. big wheels, large lips, slam, all the little interior accessories, large exhausts, sometimes large wings
Old 07-09-2008, 12:46 AM
SANJOCL

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
seriously i think lowriders are cool. i mean ive always been attracted to old school american cars like that. but because i live in the hood i would get it jacked quick.

but the time and work put into a lowrider (impalas and what not) is amazing
Old 07-09-2008, 01:05 AM
W WHIP.

Originally Posted by SiCrew
agreed...well said
Originally Posted by rey rey
thumbs up on the info.
thanks and no problem man.

RYANGP the second one is obviously not Vip, looks more like someone was watching too many music videos with chevy's on 22's and shit.

I couldnt say it any better so i copied this from another forum:
"I think the problem with someone trying to do on a non traditional platform is they don't know enough about the style to really it acheive that look. Sure, any one can slap on nice fitting wheels, slam the car and put a bodykit on and call it , but does it make it ? Maybe or maybe not, and who is there to say that is not? If everyone did this, then would get lose in the translation. The style would be as meanless as "JDM", which in it's true form are nothing but original OEM parts (or cars) from Japanese that wasn't available for international consumption.

Call me a purist or elitist, just because I believe that belongs on certain platforms. But if nobody stands up to the real tradition of , then the word "" will be thrown around like any generic term "because it's the next coolest thing to come out of Japan". Do we really want to blow up and be a household word, not me if it's for the wrong reasons. I would rather get respect from the originator of the style than have a US version of so it will be more marketable for the US manufacturers. This is what it really boils down to, is the lastest trend to come out of Japan. And as with any style that comes out of Japan, alot of people want to be a part of it."
All in all, It's your car, do whatever you want.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 193 Likes on 150 Posts
http://www.highsocietyvip.com/.html

VIP Style Cars

History:

VIP cars stated approximately thirteen or fourteen years ago in Japan. However, they were not known as VIP cars. Originally, VIP cars came from a team named Black Cockroach in Wakayama Prefecture. That team's cars were published in the national car magazine for the first time in Japan. The Black Cockroach had black Cima, Cedric, Celsior and Crown, which were very unique and exemplified the owner's personalities. Many have VIP cars tied to the Japanese mafia, better known as the Yakuza, to the beginnings of the VIP scene in Japan. Afterwards, a team named VIP Company evolved that belonged to Mr. Taketomi, the eventual owner of Junction Produce, a leader in VIP styling in Japan. It was popular in Osaka Sooner and later, Sendai city in Miyagi prefecture. The popularity of VIP cars spread to Sendai city and Young Auto magazine, which brought Chibaragi, a name of remodeling cars, to the public.

Before naming VIP Car, those cars including racing, motorcycle gang and remodeled racing cars were called a Haiso car (high society salon cars), a Kowamote car (coercive atmosphere car) and an Oshidashi car (push car). The Young Auto established a corner of the customizing scene by restyling luxury cars. They coined named VIP CLUB when the owners displayed their remodeled luxury cars. These cars would become what we know as VIP.

The VIP scene eventually lead to the establishment of VIP Car Magazine., a company and magazine that was started by a publisher from Young Auto Magazine. VIP Car Magazine showed remodeling luxury cars called a VIP Car. The VIP Car magazine has been distributed for ten years, mainly in Japan. In Osaka, there a VIP company team, which dressed up VIP cars and started by Mr. Taketormi, was a pioneer who drove the popularity of VIP cars approximately fourteen years ago.

Traditional Definition:

VIP car is very simple. Usually pronounced V-I-P (vee-eye-pee) and meaning Very Important Person, the true pronunciation is VIP, or bippu, where it's pronounced like a word.

Cars that fit into the VIP category are predominantly rear wheel drive Japanese luxury platforms such as the Celsior, CIMA, Cedric/Gloria, and Crown, just to name a few. These cars are usually the more expensive models and are usually purchased by the more affluent car owners. It's not a VIP Car unless it starts with one of these cars. Many VIP purists will not consider any other platforms as VIP, even though other cars can take the styling cues from the larger VIP sedans. This is commonly known as VIP Styling.

VIP Characteristics:

VIP cars can loosely be translated to “Low and Wide”. Many have argued that VIP cars can include European and even American cars. These can be considered VIP Style as long as they follow in the VIP guidelines, but they will never be VIP Platforms. Some general characteristics of VIP Style are:

Large/wide wheels (many times with big lips and low offsets) that are flush to the fender
Stretched tires in order to tuck the wheels under the fenders
Low stance via adjustable suspension or air ride
Substantial body kits to achieve the “Wide” look
Custom body work to accentuate the “Wide” look
Custom video and audio components and installations
Wood grain interiors with additional trays and extensions on the dash
Custom seats and mats
Additional and upgraded internal and external lighting
Louder exhausts with larger tips
Engine/performance work (though not as popular)
VIP Culture:

When VIP car enthusiasts in Japan build their car, they immerse themselves in the culture of VIP Car. Accessories like Noburi Flags, clothing, lighters, teddy bears, fans, and every accessory that a company makes are purchased and proudly displayed. Many automotive events and gatherings in Japan are steeped in the tradition of the VIP culture. Simple gatherings of enthusiasts can turn into major events. As usual in the Japanese culture, the cars are the stars, but socializing and even food are main attractions. VIP Car has a sense of pride within the Japanese community on its luxury vehicles.

VIP Styling

VIP styling is taking the aspects that was started in Japan with the VIP Cars and merging them onto cars that aren't really considered VIP car platforms. Some platforms that are gaining popularity are the K-cars (Vitz, Scion, and other econo-box cars), vans (Odyssey and Previas) and many other vehicles (G35, IS300, 300Zs) that have been heavily influenced by the VIP Style. That also has trickled into our US market with the larger cars like the Chrysler 300C and Dodge Magnum.. European cars can also be influenced by the VIP cars, and have been gaining popularity in the US.

US Market for VIP:

Where does this all fit into the US market? With companies who's operations are based here are now trying to define the VIP market as Bentleys, Benz's, and other high end Euro cars, it basically leaves out the cars where it all began, the Lexus GS and LS, and the Infiniti M and Q series. Yes, the US automobile market may not have the choice of Japanese luxury cars found in Japan but we make due with what we are provided. However the view of VIP Car or VIP Style Cars is being EXTREMELY skewed in the US and leaves the hardcore VIP Car enthusiast with a sour taste in its mouth. VIP Car starts with the platform first. 350Zs, G35s, Scions, Accords, and other cars are defining the VIP Style Car… VIP Style Cars was mainly a term devised to help define the difference from a VIP Car platform and a car accessorized with VIP styling. This website has room for everyone. I created this site for the reason to give these people a home to learn and educate each other. Whether you own a VIP Car or own a VIP Style Car… Yes, we will have to define our own definition of VIP Style Cars but we can't stray too far from the foundation of it all. There will be those of us who will stick to our VIP Car platforms and those who will decide that their Scion fits the platform as well. Both sides are correct in that matter. What is wrong is to decide that our VIP Car platforms are not acceptable platforms of VIP here in the US.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Banned

good read!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:54 AM

I'll set my CL on fire if I ever hear a scion owner refer to their car as VIP.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:41 AM
W WHIP.

Eh, well then you'll set your cl on fire, because i've seen a lot vip style Scions. It's by no means an actual vip car, but it can be considered vip style.

And good post L's TL.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Unregistered user

Eh, well then you'll set your cl on fire, because i've seen a lot vip style Scions. It's by no means an actual vip car, but it can be considered vip style.

And good post L's TL.
very true, now are u a man of ur word or u just fronting?

set it on fire....
Old 07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evan03CL
I'll set my CL on fire if I ever hear a scion owner refer to their car as VIP.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by L's TL
Some general characteristics of VIP Style are:

Large/wide wheels (many times with big lips and low offsets) that are flush to the fender
Stretched tires in order to tuck the wheels under the fenders
Low stance via adjustable suspension or air ride
Substantial body kits to achieve the “Wide” look
Custom body work to accentuate the “Wide” look
Custom video and audio components and installations
Wood grain interiors with additional trays and extensions on the dash
Custom seats and mats
Additional and upgraded internal and external lighting
Louder exhausts with larger tips
Engine/performance work (though not as popular)
I guess I have majority of the above, so I would consider the style my car is going for is VIP style.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM
W WHIP.

haha, burnnn babby burnnn. Thats a pretty clean scion, btw. one of the nicer scions ive actually ever seen.

and brianlin, vip style is not only about wide wheels[large lips, low offsets] but also about the luxury side of things. From curtains on the windows, to glasses of champagne in the rear seat, ive seen some decked out interiors. on coupes its a lot harder to do that kind of stuff. you can always get the junction produce neck pillows, those are pretty nice.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 193 Likes on 150 Posts

And good post L's TL.
Thanks...I was on a legend/rl forum last week and one of my buddys posted a thread called "soon to be VIP legend" he got flamed cause the kit, nor the rims he has on his car were VIP and wat I just posted came up. In NY thats all ppl do is VIP "Style" if you go to tristate vip (which i am a proud member of depsit my non vip-ness) you'll see alot of VIP "style" cars as well as VIP "platform".

BTW that scion did look pretty nice

the Celsior/LS in ur avatar is rather VIP also
Old 07-09-2008, 01:19 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

....brianlin, vip style is not only about wide wheels[large lips, low offsets] but also about the luxury side of things. From curtains on the windows, to glasses of champagne in the rear seat, ive seen some decked out interiors. on coupes its a lot harder to do that kind of stuff. you can always get the junction produce neck pillows, those are pretty nice.
i know. check my join date on vsc.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Banned

VIP The JDM Lowrider.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:43 AM
W WHIP.

Originally Posted by L's TL
the Celsior/LS in ur avatar is rather VIP also
indeed it is, im not a fan of the wheels though. oh well, nice nonetheless.

Brian, Same name on VSC as well? Pretty good forum IMO, esp for anyone interested in VIP cars, a lottttta information.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Unregistered user

boo he didn't set his car on fire...

lame
Old 07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Brian, Same name on VSC as well? Pretty good forum IMO, esp for anyone interested in VIP cars, a lottttta information.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:57 PM

Just because someone makes their car look like a real VIP car doesnt make it so.

Does that mean if someone puts one of those EVO body kits on their CL it turns it into an EVO?
Because I've always wanted one of those...
Old 07-10-2008, 04:00 PM
W WHIP.

We never said it makes it into a Vip car. Read what we said. It falls into the Vip STYLE category. Like I've said before, a TRUE Vip car can only be certain platforms.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Unregistered user

We never said it makes it into a Vip car. Read what we said. It falls into the Vip STYLE category. Like I've said before, a TRUE Vip car can only be certain platforms.
+1 so burn ur car please

platforms: lexus/toyota... well toyota makes scion.. so technically scions are vip platforms
Old 07-10-2008, 04:44 PM
W WHIP.

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
+1 so burn ur car please

platforms: lexus/toyota... well toyota makes scion.. so technically scions are vip platforms
eh, well if we're gonna get technical, theres a lot of lexus/toyotas that are not a Vip platform, but you are correct, they are all made by the same company.

and yes, i wanna see a burnt CL...actually no i dont, i could of sworn i saw someone's CL on here after their garage caught on fire and it wasnt pretty..
Old 07-10-2008, 05:02 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by rey rey
VIP The JDM Lowrider.
Its more like the JDM version of DUB.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:40 PM
P.

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Well my user name is VIPCLS and it stands for very important person, not meaning the car lol! Should I change my user name due to this????