Vibration Wheel/Tire… need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration Wheel/Tire… need advice

Hi all,
I have question…
When I drive lately I feel some kind of vibration and sometimes even a noise louder on slight turns from my wheels/tires.
I feel and head something like this… bump bump bump bump
I was thinking it could have been tire pressure. When I went to ad some air noticed some abnormal wear n tear on font tires.
It looks wore off more on sides. Back tires look are fine.
Now, I have somewhat of thread on tires left (def not the time to change them).
Do you guys think its alignment or something more serious? If in case its alignment should I get it done would it eliminate tire noise/vibration?
Or is it too late? Should just get new tires and balance them and align them. I only have 38 miles on my car. Stock wheels.

I know ones I go to tire shop they will be suggesting to just change it!!! blah blah blah.
Should I bring it to acura to check alignment?
Old 10-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
did you lower the car?
Old 10-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
did you lower the car?
nope
Old 10-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Yeehaw

I had the EXACT same problem. Noise on turns, vibration at speed, and the insides of my front tires were shredded. This happened after I lowered the car though... even though I had an alignment w/in 24 hours and the specs were perfect. The only thing we found was that the front axle was a little loose. If you grabbed it (while the car was on the lift) there was a little play...it could wiggle back and forth.

I don't think that would have caused the problems described, but that was the only abnormality we found. I took it to the dealer and they fixed the axle under warranty.

I ended up replacing the tires, and this solved all the problems. I was pretty pissed though since the front tires that got shredded up had < 5k on them.

I doubt this helps you at all though... good luck.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

I had the EXACT same problem. Noise on turns, vibration at speed, and the insides of my front tires were shredded. This happened after I lowered the car though... even though I had an alignment w/in 24 hours and the specs were perfect. The only thing we found was that the front axle was a little loose. If you grabbed it (while the car was on the lift) there was a little play...it could wiggle back and forth.

I don't think that would have caused the problems described, but that was the only abnormality we found. I took it to the dealer and they fixed the axle under warranty.

I ended up replacing the tires, and this solved all the problems. I was pretty pissed though since the front tires that got shredded up had < 5k on them.

cool. thanks i'll keep this in mind!

Should I go to a dealer and have them figure out it what issue could be or bring it to any (good) tire shop?
Old 10-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Yeehaw

I'd try to get it up on a lift at a tire/tuner shop and check the axle and get their opinion on what the problem is. If the axle is loose, take it to the dealer. If not, you probably need new tires.

If you get new tires, just make sure you keep a close eye on the wear and make sure it doens't happen again.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

that isnt normal so an inner cv is prolly bad...i had both my half shafts replaced under warranty
Old 10-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
Bump Bump Bump

Sounds like a CV joint or tie rod end to me. Cross rotate your tires (or flip front to back if you have uni tread) and see if the noise moves....