Valet 552T problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003 | 06:06 PM
Intermediate

Valet 552T problems

I just got the valet 552t installed into my car and it seemed fine when they showed me how to start up the engine. But when i got home, I wanted to see if they programmed the other features such as unlock/lock but didn't. It didn't matter to me because I wanted to keep the factory fob and have a separate remote for startup. (wanted to keep the memory seats, and wanted the range of the 552t fob.) Anyway, I tried the other transmitter for the 552t but it didn't do anything. the LED didn't even light up when I press the first button but the second did. ANyway, I tried the remote startup again with the first transmitter (by pressing both the first and second button at the same time) and that's when the problem started. THe panic alarm came on and then the engine started up. I tried pressing the buttons but nothing stopped it until I put the key into the car door to unlock it then the alarm went off. Now everytime I use the remote startup the panic alarm comes on. Whats the deal with that. I read the manual and it didn't tell me anything about turning that off. I can't contact the dealer until monday so I'm hoping if somebody out there can help me out.
Old 09-20-2003 | 06:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Whoever installed the valet didn't bypass the factory alarm the are supposed to send a wire from the valet to the diarm wire in the car which is usually the unlock wire or they can run it in the driver door and go to the disarm wire at the key , if you want to do it yourself you can open the hood ,and at the hood latch in front of the radiator you will find two wires going to the latch itself they are usually in a black loom, all you have to do is tie those two wires together and that will stop yuor factory alarm from triggering when you remote start the car.

Steve
Old 09-20-2003 | 07:05 PM
Intermediate

But why didn't it go off the when they showed me how to use it and the first time I tried it myself. I started to happen when I was trying to figure out what the other buttons do. Could it be a possibilty that I have pressed something on the transmitter that would turn the panic alarm on while remote startup??

Thanks for the help and I will look into that in the morning. Its too dark out side now. The two wires under the hood, what color are they and are those the only wires there are??? What are the two wires connected too?? Will it only disable the panic alarm while remote start or does that disable the panic alarm or security alarm permanently? Sorry for all the dumb questions. I'm new to this remote start stuff so I need as much info as possible.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2003 | 07:17 PM
Burning Brakes

It will bypass it all the time, the reason it probally didn't go off when they showed you how to use it because it takes a little time for the factory alarm to set after you lock the car and they and you were probaly remote starting the car before it actually set, i don't remember the colors but they are the only two going into the latch your factory remote will still work but it won't sound anymore, that is why you are better of replacing the whole thing
Old 09-20-2003 | 08:01 PM
Intermediate

Do you know how long does it take for the alarm to arm?? I don't really want to totally disconnect the siren from the alarm because what if someone does break into my car, I would like the alarm to come on. Regarding replacing the whole thing... that would be my last option since I just got it installed this morning and paid alot of money for it. Any other ideas??? Perhaps could it be that I pressed a button on the transmitter that activated it???
Old 09-21-2003 | 03:48 AM
Burning Brakes

takes a couple of minutes to arm, no, i doubt you pressed anything
Old 09-21-2003 | 07:32 AM
Still trolling

I concur. I installed my remote start/alarm, and completely intergrated it with the factory alarm. Both arm and disarm together, using only the aftermarket remote.

The factory alarm has to be disarmed. It's delayed, so it doesn't go off right after an arm, it takes like 20-30 secs.

Regardless, print this out and take it down there and tell them to connect the Light Green with a Black stripe from tyhe 2 wire harness on the 552T to the factory disarm no unlock wire (blue @ the key cylinder in the drivers door). Also, so that the factory alarm is rearmed when you disable the remote start, they need to connect the blue wire from the remote start harness (6 wire) to the lock wire in the car. This rearms the factory alarm. They will need to program the Blue wire appropriatly.

They did not do the factory disarm b/c they did not want to go through running the wire into the door.

This is why I do my shit myself....

Here is the install guide for the 552T
Old 09-21-2003 | 05:26 PM
Intermediate

Well I just found out one way of getting pass the panic alarm... what I did was unlock the doors first with the factory remote then activate the remote start. After a couple of seconds, the doors lock itself. Waited for a minute and the alarm didn't come on. I guess I can live with that or do you think I should bring it back to the dealer to see if they can remote start without setting off the alarm and unlocking the doors.
Old 09-22-2003 | 04:14 AM
Still trolling

DO what you want, but I would demand they get it so you don't have to unlock your car first...
Old 09-22-2003 | 05:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Old 09-22-2003 | 06:42 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for your responses, I'm brining it in tomorrow morning to get it checked up on. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 09-22-2003 | 07:46 PM
Drifting

I have the Viper 790vx...there is no way to disable the stock alarm because it's so well wired in. If the place was good, they should have tapped a blue wire in the door panel on the driver side. This will allow the aftermarket alarm to arm and disarm the stock system.