UR Crank Pulley problem? Experience?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 07:44 PM
ex 6 Speed owner :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UR Crank Pulley problem? Experience?

Not on my CL but the Accord... looking for some help:
For the hell of it, since I had to pull the crank pulley to replace the timing belt / water pump anyway, I put on a UR Crank Pulley. I am 100% positive all the belts are on correct (balancer belt in particular). I noticed IMMEDIATELY upon startup the engine does NOT run smooth like it used to. It is like one of the balancer shafts is out of whack but I am sure it's aligned the same way it was when I took it off. Any ideas what's going on here?... does the pulley make that much of a difference!? Did those of you with UR Crank Pulleys experience something similar? Help I don't want to ruin my engine... that was a pain in the ass to install too...
Old 12-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: UR Crank Pulley problem? Experience?

Originally posted by BlueCLS6
Not on my CL but the Accord... looking for some help:
For the hell of it, since I had to pull the crank pulley to replace the timing belt / water pump anyway, I put on a UR Crank Pulley. I am 100% positive all the belts are on correct (balancer belt in particular). I noticed IMMEDIATELY upon startup the engine does NOT run smooth like it used to. It is like one of the balancer shafts is out of whack but I am sure it's aligned the same way it was when I took it off. Any ideas what's going on here?... does the pulley make that much of a difference!? Did those of you with UR Crank Pulleys experience something similar? Help I don't want to ruin my engine... that was a pain in the ass to install too...
The idle should go up a tad... but it really shouldn't act any wierd - you did the timing-belt right? Did you mark TDC on the crank and the camshaft? It is probably a mis-alignment on the timing...

I would take th evalve-cover off... crank the engine until its TDC and make sure everything is lined up.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:01 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i have had mine on for months with no probs, check the install.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:06 PM
Sweet as Gold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
an older accord w/ the balancer shaft running thru it right???. Check the tension on your belts...I've experienced this problem before w/ them being too tight or even too loose.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:30 PM
ex 6 Speed owner :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The funny thing is I just took the engine apart again and found that both belts were a tooth off, so I fixed that and to my surprise it STILL runs a little rough. Checked Ignition timing, triple checked all the belts... it does not run like it used to. What the hell!?

Oh and I DO have an 8 lb. aluminum flywheel in the car too... maybe the crank is TOO light now? I wish I could have the crank re-balanced... it is pretty old
Old 12-07-2003, 04:49 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally posted by BlueCLS6
The funny thing is I just took the engine apart again and found that both belts were a tooth off, so I fixed that and to my surprise it STILL runs a little rough. Checked Ignition timing, triple checked all the belts... it does not run like it used to. What the hell!?

Oh and I DO have an 8 lb. aluminum flywheel in the car too... maybe the crank is TOO light now? I wish I could have the crank re-balanced... it is pretty old

I thought I had read somewhere that you should not use the crank pulley with an aftermarket flywheel?? Something about the pulley screwing the flywheel up because of the vibrations. Don't quote me on that though.