UR 12v Crank and Supercharger Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Blown LS6!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UR 12v Crank and Supercharger Question

Just wanted to know for those of you w/ a supercharger and the UR 12v crank pulley if you need a special belt??

I just bought and installed the regular UR crank pulley and now I'm getting Satin Slayer's SC. I like the gains of the pulley so I'm going to order the UR 12v version so I'm not underdriving the SC. Do I go back to the stock belt? Also, can I continue to use the alternator and power steering UR pulleys?
Old 05-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Cruisin'

Hey,
Good luck with the supercharger. I bought the emanagement and Payn pulley from satinslayer. You can run the factory belt with the 12v pulley. I kept my power steering pulley but the alternator pulley is switched with one for the supercharger. If you get a chance go to v6performance.net and look at the dyno runs with the 12v pulley. It honestly isn't worth the extra money. As a matter of fact I think they lost power with it. Again good luck and enjoy the supercharger.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Blown LS6!!

Thanks for the info. If the dynos are accurate, I sure don't mind saving a bit of money.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Seattle Cl-S
Thanks for the info. If the dynos are accurate, I sure don't mind saving a bit of money.
Bring it to the West Coast Meet in Portland
Old 05-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Blown LS6!!

Originally posted by Red Rider
Bring it to the West Coast Meet in Portland

When is that? I'm going up to Vancouver June 11/12 to have the SC swapped from Satin Slayer's car to mine. Hopefully I can make this one.

BTW, are you running the Comptech tranny cooler? Does it interfere w/ the blower install?
Old 05-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Subie Dubie

When is that? I'm going up to Vancouver June 11/12 to have the SC swapped from Satin Slayer's car to mine. Hopefully I can make this one.

BTW, are you running the Comptech tranny cooler? Does it interfere w/ the blower install?
The meet is July 23rd-25th. We're gonna do an ocean drive on Saturday and the American Le Mans Series race at PIR on Sunday Check out the thread on Club Meets, we already have 10-11 definites and lots of others probable. We moved it to Portland to get more Seattle and Vancouver attendees. Maybe you can help organize up there !!

The tranny cooler came with the SC and install was no problem. So far, over 10K and no problems at all Just alot faster !!
Old 05-27-2004, 12:06 AM
Blown LS6!!

Originally posted by Red Rider
The meet is July 23rd-25th. We're gonna do an ocean drive on Saturday and the American Le Mans Series race at PIR on Sunday Check out the thread on Club Meets, we already have 10-11 definites and lots of others probable. We moved it to Portland to get more Seattle and Vancouver attendees. Maybe you can help organize up there !!

The tranny cooler came with the SC and install was no problem. So far, over 10K and no problems at all Just alot faster !!
Meet sounds good. As of now, no conflicts that I can think of...but that's what I said about last year and I ended up eating the room cost for my last minute cancellation.

Good thing you told me the cooler comes w/ the SC - I almost ordered one just now. So far, I've ordered the Optima 51r battery and six IK-22 plugs. Anything else you can think of?
Old 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Subie Dubie

Meet sounds good. As of now, no conflicts that I can think of...but that's what I said about last year and I ended up eating the room cost for my last minute cancellation.

Good thing you told me the cooler comes w/ the SC - I almost ordered one just now. So far, I've ordered the Optima 51r battery and six IK-22 plugs. Anything else you can think of?
Be sure the cooler does come with it. My price included it.

Sounds like you've got it all covered !!

Oh yeah, make sure Comptech gives you the " Supercharged By Comptech " stickers

I hope you can make it and bring some other guys from Seattle with you, we've really had a blast on these trips. I forgot to mention that we'll also be doing a Karting event, probably Friday night. Check out the thread in Club Events for more info.