Update on my D2's (for those who care)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update on my D2's (for those who care)

Well, after 2 weeks of driving my car, tucking 19"s, I wasn't totally impressed with the system. I took it to this shop near my house, yesterday, called Race Works. (www.lockraceworks.com). I actually had them "tune" the coilovers. Their shop foreman is one of their race car drivers (just stupid fyi for later in post). Anyway. He told me to bring my stock wheels so he can align my car. So he ended up raising my car about an inch on the 19"s. I look at it and due to it looking like a monster truck. But anyway. He put the stockies on after raising, aligning, playing with the dampeners, and playing with the spring rate. He took it for a test drive after that. He goes down this fun curvy road with lots of twists, and is a good 6 miles long or so. I hear him take off like a bat out of hell down the road. I hear him hauling ass coming back. As he's rolling up, I see through the wind sheild that he has the biggest smile on his face Like this lol. As he's rolling up, before the car gets to me, I can smell burning rubber from my tires, and over cooked brake pads. I think to my self "Fuckin' right, doggy. He had some serious fun." He gets out, tells me about how he stopped in the middle of the run to adjust the rear dampening and made it stop hopping. I said "have just a little bit of fun, 'eh?" He replies "Dude, I haven't had this much fun in a car this large in quite a long time. Very nice investment." So that's pretty much it.

Cliff notes:

1. Took car to get raised up.
2. Raised, aligned, stockies.
3. Tech test drove and had more fun than I've ever had in car.

Actual results with D2's.
1. Handles on RAILS.
2. HANDLES ON RAILS. (lol)
3. You'd be stupid not to buy these.
4. Thoroughly impressed with them.
5. Handles on rails, just incase you missed it both times.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ROFL, nice. maybe I should take mine somewhere to get tuned
Old 08-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

oh..nice! how much you get the D2's for? i myself got the ksports..should be coming in next week.

btw, what spring rates did you get? did they revalve the damper to match the rates?
Old 08-26-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
ROFL, nice. maybe I should take mine somewhere to get tuned
Are you hammered? If so, and it's bouncy, lift them up about 1/4"-1/2", and they'll handle much better.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Originally Posted by PiMpiN wHITe Cl-S
oh..nice! how much you get the D2's for? i myself got the ksports..should be coming in next week.

btw, what spring rates did you get? did they revalve the damper to match the rates?
$995 shipped. Not too bad. Dude didn't tell the truth on price, tho. I've never heard of K-Sports. Who makes them?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

i think they are manufactured by the same factorry as D2's but not sure. how did you find out about d2's?

do you know the specs on your d2's? spring rates?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

I'll find out.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:29 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by All Mine
Are you hammered? If so, and it's bouncy, lift them up about 1/4"-1/2", and they'll handle much better.
No, I'm dropped appr. 2" all around. Leaves a tiny wheel gap on all tires. I also pre loaded the springs a bit, and it's kinda bouncy, but still great handling.

also on stock 16" rims.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:21 PM
I need FI

its all about tein ss haha j/k
Old 08-27-2005, 09:57 PM
shift@8k

Originally Posted by berny
its all about tein ss haha j/k
tein ss are good coilovers...unfortunately the spring rates on them are pathetic. 7kg/4kg front/rear on our heavy ass cars is sad. I also find it lame that you can't just order the tein ss-p with custom spring rates...you have to order first and buy the springs seperately. Im considering switching over from my teins to either the d2s or the ksports because of their more aggressive spring rates and how u can change the ride height without affecting spring tension. Been doing searches on wrx/evolution/silvia forums and reading some pretty good reviews on both these coilovers....so i think im probably gunna give one of them a try.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by shinybluecls
tein ss are good coilovers...unfortunately the spring rates on them are pathetic. 7kg/4kg front/rear on our heavy ass cars is sad. I also find it lame that you can't just order the tein ss-p with custom spring rates...you have to order first and buy the springs seperately. Im considering switching over from my teins to either the d2s or the ksports because of their more aggressive spring rates and how u can change the ride height without affecting spring tension. Been doing searches on wrx/evolution/silvia forums and reading some pretty good reviews on both these coilovers....so i think im probably gunna give one of them a try.

i should be getting my ksports on monday or tuesday, i will let you know how it goes.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Yet another update. I went on a mini-mountain run with a couple of my friends. It was me, my friend with an *almost* ITR (ITR powered '01GSR), a 330Ci, and I. ITR has Tein Flex's, and the 330Ci was stock, plus some Dinan toys. Basically, I was on their asses the entire time, and we were all surprised. The CL was AMAZING on the mountain. Almost no body roll, Stiff as a board. I was pretty much WOT on a lot of the turns (as were they). I got surprisingly good gas mileage on that run. lol. I think that this car handles a lot better than my old Accord did on the same roads. I was able to maintain a higher speed. Oh. And the cool part was... I did all that on stock wheels and tires (215/50/17) Kumho Escta 711's
Old 08-31-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Yet another update. I went on a mini-mountain run with a couple of my friends. It was me, my friend with an *almost* ITR (ITR powered '01GSR), a '01 330Ci, and I. ITR has Tein Flex's, and the 330Ci was stock, plus some Dinan toys. Basically, I was on their asses the entire time, and we were all surprised. The CL was AMAZING on the mountain. Almost no body roll, Stiff as a board. I was pretty much WOT on a lot of the turns (as were they). I got surprisingly good gas mileage on that run. lol. I think that this car handles a lot better than my old Accord did on the same roads. I was able to maintain a higher speed. Oh. And the cool part was... I did all that on stock wheels and tires (215/50/17) Kumho Escta 711's
Old 08-31-2005, 02:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

good stuff did you get info on the specs? i shall be testing mine out sometime soon. cant wait

for everyone else, these are far better than tein ss in my opinion! well the ksports atleast but d2's should be the same.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

I've only driven one car with SS's, and that was two years ago, and it was a show Civic. So umm... I didn't get a great feel for the SS's. lol.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy ALL MINE/D2 coilovers

I've only driven one car with SS's, and that was two years ago, and it was a show Civic. So umm... I didn't get a great feel for the SS's. lol.

WEll ALL MINE, i have always thouht the Tein ss was one of the best coilovers out there for the acura 01-03 cls , but i seem to be very intersted with what i am hearing about the D2 coilovers.
however only a few people have this on their cars. maybe bcos its not that good or its a new product. well to cut rght to it i tried and recenetly considered getting the D2 Racing Sports Coilovers at this website/link and they do not seem to have any made for the 2nd generation acura cl/tl.

where did u get urs, whats the part no, or which ones did u get?????
Or may be i should just stick to tein ss , i probably could get them used for less.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:18 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

I got the ones made for the 6th gen Accord. Basically the CL and 6th gen Accord have the same suspension. The CL-S' stock suspension is just stiffer than the Accord's.

Part number:
D2-H08 Accord CE 98-02 F/R $1,138.89

That's what I have. The guy direct from D2 swore up and down that they'll work. And they do.
Originally Posted by poisx7
WEll ALL MINE, i have always thouht the Tein ss was one of the best coilovers out there for the acura 01-03 cls , but i seem to be very intersted with what i am hearing about the D2 coilovers.
however only a few people have this on their cars. maybe bcos its not that good or its a new product. well to cut rght to it i tried and recenetly considered getting the D2 Racing Sports Coilovers at this website/link and they do not seem to have any made for the 2nd generation acura cl/tl.

where did u get urs, whats the part no, or which ones did u get?????
Or may be i should just stick to tein ss , i probably could get them used for less.
You seem to be fairly hell-bent on getting the SS's. Go ahead and get them. I'm not twisting your arm to get them. BTW. I bought mine from a local speed shop. But, one question though. Why buy a used set of SS's, for close to the same price as new D2's? You can get a set for under $1,000.

Originally Posted by poisx7
however only a few people have this on their cars. maybe bcos its not that good or its a new product.
It's not that they're new... They're kinda new, compaired to Tein. They've been around for a while in Japan. They just never heavily advertised here in the states. But if you look at all the IS300 guys, that's all that they choose to use.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got the ones made for the 6th gen Accord. Basically the CL and 6th gen Accord have the same suspension. The CL-S' stock suspension is just stiffer than the Accord's.

Part number:
D2-H08 Accord CE 98-02 F/R $1,138.89

That's what I have. The guy direct from D2 swore up and down that they'll work. And they do.

You seem to be fairly hell-bent on getting the SS's. Go ahead and get them. I'm not twisting your arm to get them. BTW. I bought mine from a local speed shop. But, one question though. Why buy a used set of SS's, for close to the same price as new D2's? You can get a set for under $1,000.

It's not that they're new... They're kinda new, compaired to Tein. They've been around for a while in Japan. They just never heavily advertised here in the states. But if you look at all the IS300 guys, that's all that they choose to use.
thanks, i will tryto look the d2s up
Old 09-04-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

www.d2racing.com

I bought mine from www.topspeedsales.com