unbelievable speed trap

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 11:20 AM
nItIn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unbelievable speed trap

fotis man, this place is give me the creeps! get this .. last night while getting back to the hotel (marriott, eden prairie, mn) from dinner (Kabuki) I had to go over a bridge and take a left turn onto an onramp (212) for my highway .. while I was yielding to oncoming traffic at the left turn, I saw this cop on my left, standing by the light, no sign of his cop car .. then outta the corner of my eye, I saw a cop directly across the street from him standing right next to the edge of the bridge next to the opposite stop light too. I thought it was kinda strange till i took the left and got a little closer to see that they were holding radar guns in their hands!!!

I was like man what an asshole! he's trying to be sneaky and camoflauged and all.. but what, is he like planning to run after the speeding car? then I noticed a radio in his other hand .. and it all made sense! within the next 3 exits of the highway, I saw atleast 4 people pulled over and about 1/2 dozen cops between the two sides of the highway!

unbelievable!!
Old 08-24-2001, 11:22 AM
Dub Driver

Yeah, very unbelievable

Did'nt your detector go off ?
Old 08-24-2001, 11:35 AM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

That is a common thing to see here in PA. They like to park up on an overpass- above the traffic and pop cars with radar. Then they radio there state patrol brother just down the expressway to nail ya!

Such F' ing BS

They also like to do those cone cruncher DUI stops, where you find yourself between the orange cones about 1500 ft before the stop forcing you to stay on the road with no escape.
Old 08-24-2001, 11:37 AM
nItIn

Originally posted by batra:
<STRONG>Yeah, very unbelievable

Did'nt your detector go off ?</STRONG>
I was travelling .. I dont carry my radar detector in my back pocket and hook it up to the rental cars biatch :p
Old 08-24-2001, 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally posted by xenon7:
<STRONG>That is a common thing to see here in PA. They like to park up on an overpass- above the traffic and pop cars with radar. Then they radio there state patrol brother just down the expressway to nail ya!

Such F' ing BS
</STRONG>

So the actual cop that pulls you over doesnt have your speed on his radar? Why not ask to see the radar.. then it should get thrown out in court.. rite?
Old 08-24-2001, 11:39 AM
Banned

Gotta love the Valentine 1...earning its keep every day. Of course, that's only when honey lets me borrow it - which is never, since he hasn't bothered to hardwire my truck (hint, hint)!
Old 08-24-2001, 11:44 AM
nItIn

Originally posted by AcurA CrazY:
<STRONG>

So the actual cop that pulls you over doesnt have your speed on his radar? Why not ask to see the radar.. then it should get thrown out in court.. rite?
</STRONG>
no, I got a ticket last week here in minneapolis, the pig wrote 55 in a 30 .. I dont think I was doing 55! So I called my attorney (I'm part of this prepaid legal thingy) and he said that cops dont have to produce a radar print out at time of the ticket. more over, they are not even required by law to produce it in court. the court will in 99% of the everyday cases take the word of the cop over the word of the defendant.

in this case however, the cop could very easily have the guy who actually timed you at the top of the bridge print out the evidence if he really wanted to ..
Old 08-24-2001, 12:03 PM
Racer

Originally posted by nabster:
<STRONG>

no, I got a ticket last week here in minneapolis, the pig wrote 55 in a 30 .. I dont think I was doing 55! So I called my attorney (I'm part of this prepaid legal thingy) and he said that cops dont have to produce a radar print out at time of the ticket. more over, they are not even required by law to produce it in court. the court will in 99% of the everyday cases take the word of the cop over the word of the defendant.

in this case however, the cop could very easily have the guy who actually timed you at the top of the bridge print out the evidence if he really wanted to ..</STRONG>
I got my license in CT., and the law then ('94) was that if a cop pulled you over via radar, he had to possess 2 different licenses to operate a radar gun. If you asked to see them and he didn’t have them, he wasn't allowed to issue you the ticket. However, I would imagine that asking them for THIER license would result in a sever beating.

Also, those speed traps are VERY common here in NY. The troopers are really stealth.

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: proactive ]
Old 08-24-2001, 12:10 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by AcurA CrazY:
<STRONG>So the actual cop that pulls you over doesnt have your speed on his radar? Why not ask to see the radar.. then it should get thrown out in court.. rite?
</STRONG>
radar is not required by law in speeding tickets...

you can get a ticket for the speed at which a cop estimates you are traveling.

these tickets are easily to plea down.. but by no means are they going to be thrown out just because.
Old 08-24-2001, 12:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Around my area, the limit will be 35-40 on a road, then convienently drop to 25-30 in which there are good hiding places for the patrol cars, then it will go back up to 35-40 after the woods. All this occurs in a quarter mile section of road.

V1 to the rescue

I was getting gas yesterday, and while waiting the V1 went off with a bogey to the rear. The gas guy was like Wtf , so I said watch the highway. About 20 seconds later the patrol car drives by, the arrows going from rear, to side, to front. Cool Sh!t
Old 08-24-2001, 01:20 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last night, in a 6 miles strip, my wife saw a cop to the right side of the road.... 3 extis later (3 miles) just as I took my exit, I flased high beams and another patrol car was highlighted big time to my left side....

Oh Yeah, I made a deal with my wife after 10:00 PM the V1 should be always on....
Old 08-24-2001, 01:29 PM
Banned

Why would the V1 be off??? I mean, just using the mute button gets rid of most clutter...

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk:
<STRONG>

Oh Yeah, I made a deal with my wife after 10:00 PM the V1 should be always on....</STRONG>
Old 08-24-2001, 01:33 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My V1 is slide-it, plug-it-in and detache thing, I just put it on when I am on 20-miles+ trips.