Two tickets over the weekend....

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 04:48 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two tickets over the weekend....

...not me but I personally witness two of them that should not have happened.

The first was a guy who sped past the police van (wagon). I don't know I guess he didn't believe it really was a policeman inside but I knew right away when the van started hustling just to keep up. It was funny to see that van trying to pace the [fast] car because the van was bouncing around the curve and had a little bit of trouble braking after he threw on the overheads. It was funny.

Earlier today, a late model Camry passed me on the right. I was doing 65-70 in the middle lane because I was trying not to pass the unmarked Trooper in the #1 lane (far left) with Ka blasting to the rear. She's gotta be doing 85 or 90 and how could she miss all of those lights and antenna and cages and everything in the rear window of that Trooper, I am puzzled.

Anyway, he changed lanes and followed her for at least a mile and she never let up the whole time. I tried to keep up doing 75 or 80 but I wasn't closing the gap. Kinda looks like she sped up even with this white cruiser tailgating her. What was interesting was that I didn't pickup any Ka anymore when the race started, wondering if he turned it off or pointed it ahead.

Needless to say, he showed her what Christmas lights really look like and that'll be an early $200 Christmas present for her. How silly is that, speeding by the police without even breaking stride? I spend a lot of money on radar detectors and I work hard to avoid tickets from cops using laser or hiding in the bushes or blacked-out at night, the airplanes, the motorcycles, unmarked off-brand cars, you name it, and these idiots drive right past the police and don't even so much as turn their head?
Old 12-09-2001, 05:05 PM
Banned

Maybe you should link it to the "why women can't drive" thread. Its called not paying attention to your surroundings.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:14 PM
Powered By HONDA

u know what.police usually treat women drivers better than men. i have a lot of female friends who drive over speed and got pull over by police.and they just got warning only. and i got pull over a couple of times.and none of the police gives me warning.they give me tickets right away instead.god damn it.i hate police.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:54 PM
Intermediate

Let's just put it this way...we know how to communicate with guys who happen to be cops.

Over the years, I got out of many speeding tickets cause I'm a female.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:55 PM

A little off the subject, but my girlfried didnt pay her speeding ticket, now her licence is suspended. Haha.
Old 12-09-2001, 06:09 PM
Buckle Up

Man...that sux. That lady in the Camery obviously deserved it if she didnt notice the cop. Good stories.
Old 12-09-2001, 10:38 PM
At least it's not Jersey

He most likely shut it off, Ken. Why would he need it at that point. If he still had it on, you would have received the same reflections his gun listens for.

CT is using VASCAR from planes again and radio scanners are useless now because State went digital!! They wrote more than 300 speeding tickets in one weekend totally over $60,000 using laser, radar and VASCAR!!!

Game on!
Old 12-09-2001, 11:09 PM
Race Director

That sucks, I like passing cops on the freeway, the 101 is a 65mph and if you go by them at 80 or below your fine.