two runs against a 350z before motor blows

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 10:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
two runs against a 350z before motor blows

you guys should have been there to see the look on his face. I wish i had a camcorder.

the last time i seen something like this is when my budy thru a rod on his V-8 Vega.

Round 1

this morning i came up to a light ,double lane road and waiting for the light to change, up comes a gold 350z and he pulls into the the lane beside me. i look over and the guy gives me a couple of revs.
i'm ready
out off ss into 1st 'shift gate all the way' i know i'm not going win but i think i can give him a run for the money in the colder weather i have taken my bud's stang gt several times.
just a split second before the light turns green the son-of-a bit.... takes off ,i stomp on the gas i get a great launch i'm right on his bumber and gaining and i pull my nose up to his mirrors. into into second I churp the tires and then it happens grind clunlck grind
the asshole blows the shift and i smoke past him.

round 2.

we come up to the light and i'm laughing he's beat red, i lowered my window and said that do this fair this time .He askes what i got i tell him its a 260horse v6. he says he surprise for an auto that i was gaining on him fast.

light goes green
he leaves fair this time and i get another great launch at 40 mph when i shift my nose is at his door jam, at 70 I'm at his mirriors i shift again i thinks he shifts cause i pull nose to nose with him at 105 i'm fallen back to his mirriors i shift again an i'm inching back up at 120 were tied and i just inch past him then all of a sudden theres this huge bang i think it might be my tire so i'm holding on to the steering wheel, i'm not sure if i've blown me trannny then i look in the reviw mirrior and the 350z is 5 cars behind me and there blue smoke everywhere.
i eventualy pull over and do a u turn and go back to see if he needs some help.

Man he is pissed, the cars knocking like shit and you can hear a loud hissing noise. smoke is pouring out the back end.He can't belive it
he cursing at me saying i must be modified.
i lift the hood and show him a stock motor with a k and n filter.
he can't belive it.

i drive him up to the nissan dealer which was a few k up the road.

man this guy was so pissed he had tears in his eyes

i was surprised this guy went all out he only had 4,800 km on his car.and he was in his mid 50's.

at least he won't fuck with a CL anymore.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:20 AM
Cruisin'

damn that sucks for the poor guy. iv raced 2 CL-S's in my touring 6speed Z and iv pretty much stomped on them nasty style. it wasnt even fair. but hey some people shouldnt be given fast cars. the morron probably shifted from 3rd to 2nd trying to hit fourth.

Hammad
Old 01-01-2003, 12:20 PM
Instructor

i've held my own, against a blue auto here
we've gone head to head 7 teams each winnig twice and the rest were draws.

I've raced a lot of people and this guy was a loose cannon
i never have sen someone abuse their car the way he did.
espically for a guy in his mid fifties.

i was prepared to lose by at least 4-5 car lenghts,
Old 01-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
his car was fucked even before he raced you.. He just killed it once for all.. Let us see if Nissan would give him a new engine and a new transmission.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:29 PM
Banned

Nice story but I wish I had a BS flag. This is the first VQ engine that has ever blown up without massive boost. There is a rev limiter on them as well. Sorry unless you are running mid to low 14's at 98mph+ traps this is BS.

Ya his car just blew up and he is worried about what is under your hood? Give me a break! "He won't fuck with a CL anymore" come on now the added sprinkle of rice is sad.

Hey guy I live in the GTA. Where did these runs take place and what dealership did you bring him to? I'm going to find someone on the board to meet up with my and my buddy who has a stock Z 6spd and we do a little video shoot of some runs? Would love to see you pull on a Z at any speed in a stock auto or even stay within a few cars. If he pulls on me in my 6spd CL-S then you must have a very special auto? Get realistic there is no way you are holding even with a Z especially at 110+ in your auto!

----------------------

Racing Stories
Smoked an M5? Sure. Post fiction and non-fiction street encounters here.
Old 01-01-2003, 05:21 PM
cmng 2 a lawschool near u

hmm, I don't kno, it coul have happened.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:21 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

Not saying that it couldn't happen, but I find this story kind of doubtful. Who in their right mind would openly race on the street in broad daylight...not only once but twice in succession in BC?

Especially considering the fact that the RCMP are out for blood right now. One of their constables(Constable Jimmy Ng) of the Richmond RCMP detachment was recently killed in an accident when a civic "suspected" to have been racing ran a red light and T-boned his police cruiser.

I mean, if you get caught racing on the streets in BC, you're looking at big, fat tickets for speeding and racing(possibly a fine of at least $1000 CAD) plus a suspension of up to a year. A friend of mine got busted and he can't drive for the next 7 months. Not only that, but you also run the risk of facing criminal charges if it results in an injury.

Article on the Sept. 15th Accident

Pics of RCMP Cruiser...courtesy of InspireS
Old 01-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Busy Living

Originally posted by 6spDream
Nice story but I wish I had a BS flag. This is the first VQ engine that has ever blown up without massive boost. There is a rev limiter on them as well. Sorry unless you are running mid to low 14's at 98mph+ traps this is BS.
I ran 14.544 @98mph with just an intake, on stock tires (01CLS).

not saying I believe the story though.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:14 PM
Instructor

$1000 CAD, that's like 10 bucks American, right?
Old 01-02-2003, 12:07 AM
Instructor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Satin Slayer
[B]Not saying that it couldn't happen, but I find this story kind of doubtful. Who in their right mind would openly race on the street in broad daylight...not only once but twice in succession in BC?

Especially considering the fact that the RCMP are out for blood right now.

Kamloops is up in the interior of Bc roughly about 500km's from Vancouver.

we don't get much flack from the cops for light racing up here. The cops seem to be a little more relax than in Vancouver.
i know i work and live in White Rock 5 days out of 7. if you want to do any serious racing you have to hit the back roads in South Surrey Langley,Maple Ridge, and Pit Meadows or Abbotsford.
in Kamloops know they will not tolarate any racing that deals with weaving in and out of traffic.

the ideal place to light race is on the way out of Kamloops
the transcanada highway goes straight thru the city. at the edge of Valleyview District there are two sets of lights each about 1/2 mile apart. From the first light the speed limit goes to 80km(50mph) and at the last light it goes to 100km both are straight and flat and you can see for miles if any cops are around.

My buddie who drives a SS Camero was racing a Ford lightning down King George was caught , both got a speeding ticket and a warning. The cop told them if anyone of them was over the speed limit be 30Km he would have suspanded tyhier licence for 24 hrs and if they were weaving in and out traffic, he would have pulled their licenses.

My brother-in- law is a police officer for the Rcmp high patrol and
he says that is a cop call on how they want to handle racing.
He says that they'll never stop racing.
What he looks for is excessive speed and people driving dangerously.
he says that you need good evidence when you pull someones Dl
just last week he pulled a kids licence for racing him and another car were clocked at 160Km in a 70km zone.
excessive speed was used.

When i race in Vancouver i try to keep in within the 25-30km above the speed limit most races can be determine in that range when your racing light to light.. If caught its only a $450 fine.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:59 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by beerknurd

in the summer i made a couple of runs stock and i clocked in at

as of Jan1,2003 with the addition of headers and intake i think i should be running around 14.5-14.4
Old 01-02-2003, 01:21 AM
Instructor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 6spDream
[B]Nice story but I wish I had a BS flag. This is the first VQ engine that has ever blown up without massive boost. There is a rev limiter on them as well. Sorry unless you are running mid to low 14's at 98mph+ traps this is BS.

Hey bud you can raise your flag all you want I posted what happen if you don't belive me its up to you.
from the dealership a stock 350z will do 13.9-14.3 in the quarter and he needs to be one hell of a driver to do it,realisticly a new z will be in the 14.3-14.5 car right in Cl terriotry. Alot of people can't race, there more to just flooring the gas pedal.

right now i'm running with no interior i'm in the mid of installing a new stero and ripping out the bose crap. i've guted the trunk and tire i went down to the scales today and i weighed in at
3385 kilos without me in it . right now i figure i'm in 14.5 area.

its called Valleyview Nissian
if your from the Greater Toronto Area your no were near me,

I ran into the 350z owner in Fog and suds today and the motor isns't blown, he's got a blown head gasket.
his car will be fixed next week

i'm going to run against him again with the new additon of heads and intake and i'll leave the interior out to see how i do.

I've ran against a Z auto in the lower mainlaind (Cloverdale) and have won 2 and lost 2 with 3 draws so i know i can give a 6speed Z a run.
i'm even more confident with yesterdays and todays mods installed.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:06 AM
aka gimmesomesugar

Get some videos of the races...we all want to see
Old 01-02-2003, 04:16 AM
Instructor

Satin Slayer
were in Van are you
Old 01-02-2003, 01:24 PM
I LOVE MY CAR

sounds entirely possible to me.. I mean come on, the guy was missing shifts, I sure he wasn't used to racing and probably didn't have a clue what he was doing
Old 01-02-2003, 06:59 PM
Quicker than U Think

i went down to the scales today and i weighed in at
Dang 14.5 and weighing 3385 kilos, thats like 7,447 pounds!!! You must be putting down, what, 650HP??? Just ribbing ya.

Good kill, sorry to hear about his Z. It was cool of you to stop and help.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Instructor

my mistake it should have been in pounds it get confusing trying to convert back and forth since majority of the people on the forum are from the USA.

is your regal the type with the rounded ass end and supercharged?

I saw one the other day for the first time and it looked fairly new.
i came up besided it and notice the supercharged badge on the back. Man was i dissapointed when the driver was a 80year old lady.

for a North American car it has a real nice style.
far better than the Gran Prix.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:36 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Satin Slayer
Get some videos of the races...we all want to see
Exactly!
Old 01-03-2003, 02:05 AM
aka gimmesomesugar

Originally posted by goldcltype-s
Satin Slayer
were in Van are you
I live near Kingsway and Boundary...a couple minutes from Metrotown Mall.

I just started my full-time 3D Animation program at Vancouver Film School, so I'm downtown most of the time now. My car is completely stock now...for practical and financial reasons(tuition there is not cheap). The only mods I have left in my car are the Alpine deck and Type R components and the '03 tail lights.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:21 AM
Instructor

sound like you pick a very instresting career to go into.

yes ,it not cheap down there at all

school and rent can make a guy poor

its like night and day from kamloops
every things different from the economy to the people.
i've never met more paranoid people in my life here.

i work for the Vancouver Sun.
i have a Distributorship in the south Surrey /surrey area.( i over see about 300 adult carriers that deliver door to door at night.

i don't go out there to often(Kingsway and Boundary) to many police and to much traffic. i tend to stay out in the Langley /Abbotsford area if i bring my car down -there's alot of car clubs out that way-. with the recent dump of snow thru the coq hiway i don't plan to bring the Cl down till spring- maybe we can hook up for a coffee one night/day.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

ain't no rev limiter gonna save your ass if you try to shift to 2nd doing 100 mph...
Old 01-04-2003, 01:52 AM
aka gimmesomesugar

...i don't plan to bring the Cl down till spring- maybe we can hook up for a coffee one night/day.
Sounds great. There's usually a CL/TL meet in the spring or summer. Turnout isn't that great but everybody is quite friendly. A few TL's show up(GOT PSI, his bro, AKRY, and a couple others I can't recall right now). I was the only auto CL consistently showing up for the meets(a couple CL's showed up at the occasional meet...but never for a second or third one...haha). One 6-spd CL just joined our ranks(regalbegal69).
Old 01-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Instructor

thats sounds great i don't know there was any cl/tl meets be more than happy to show.
Old 01-04-2003, 09:18 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

Like I said...the turnout is not great...demoralizing even. Are you sure you want to drive all the way out to Vancouver for a low turn-out meet?
Old 01-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Instructor

why not
all i do is work 10-18 hrs a day when i'm down there
i know a handful of people that are more aquaintances than friends.

i love cars and there is only one other Cl in Kamloops and the guys is over 70.

a couple of tl's but driven by housewives and grandma's

if anything in the next few weeks i'll buy ya coffee
Old 01-07-2003, 10:08 AM
MP Video Extraordinaire

Blown headgasket in the Z...I hope they don't start a pattern of that. Maybe that one was installed poorly and finally gave up.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by beerknurd

Ya, now that it's cold out my best run is a 14.298 (headers/intake) But I have the stock tyres on still. Might be able to shave another .1 with new tires

However a stock CLS vs. a Stock 350Z. I dunno. But if the driver of the 350z sucks. I can see it.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

[QUOTE]Originally posted by goldcltype-s
[B]

Hey bud you can raise your flag all you want I posted what happen if you don't belive me its up to you.
from the dealership a stock 350z will do 13.9-14.3 in the quarter and he needs to be one hell of a driver to do it,realisticly a new z will be in the 14.3-14.5 car right in Cl terriotry. Alot of people can't race, there more to just flooring the gas pedal.

right now i'm running with no interior i'm in the mid of installing a new stero and ripping out the bose crap. i've guted the trunk and tire i went down to the scales today and i weighed in at

its called Valleyview Nissian
if your from the Greater Toronto Area your no were near me,

I ran into the 350z owner in Fog and suds today and the motor isns't blown, he's got a blown head gasket.
his car will be fixed next week

i'm going to run against him again with the new additon of heads and intake and i'll leave the interior out to see how i do.

I've ran against a Z auto in the lower mainlaind (Cloverdale) and have won 2 and lost 2 with 3 draws so i know i can give a 6speed Z a run.
i'm even more confident with yesterdays and todays mods installed.
Damb with my stereo in my car i weighed in at 3500lbs! But still managed to avg. 14.3's. Of course it was 30 degrees out
Old 01-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Nice story but I wish I had a BS flag. This is the first VQ engine that has ever blown up without massive boost. There is a rev limiter on them as well.
One bad downshift and you can over rev the engine. Regardless of the rev limiter. Which in the long run hurts the engine.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:52 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by SiGGy
Damb with my stereo in my car i weighed in at 3500lbs! But still managed to avg. 14.3's. Of course it was 30 degrees out

last night i was out with the guys at our car club, I'm a member of the chevelle club up here.

we have a old strip (that is closed for the season) but we can run in if your a member of a car club. unfortunaly its times only in the winter. we don't have access to the rader for the speeds. one of our members works for the police and will try to bring his gun out on the next meeting (jan 25)

i was able to get four runs in
37 degrees and 1000 feet above sea level
i have headers and intake
car is still gutted and with me in it weighed 3475

first was 15.2 blew the launch
second was 14.43 gate shifted
third was 14.23 gate shifted
fourth with vsa on was 14.46 gate shifted

there was a guy there with a grand prix that clock 13.61
an impella 14.16
a rx7 that did three runs and hit 13.42
and a tubo chrysler mini van that hit 13.41
two s4's both auto's and fully stock each did three runs
2001 blue-14.66, 15.1,14.58
2001 silver- 14.53, 14.12 14.47
Old 01-10-2003, 01:14 AM
Type S personality

Re: two runs against a 350z before motor blows

Man he is pissed, the cars knocking like shit and you can hear a loud hissing noise. smoke is pouring out the back end.He can't belive it
he cursing at me saying i must be modified.
i lift the hood and show him a stock motor with a k and n filter.
he can't belive it.

i drive him up to the nissan dealer which was a few k up the road.

man this guy was so pissed he had tears in his eyes

i was surprised this guy went all out he only had 4,800 km on his car.and he was in his mid 50's.

at least he won't fuck with a CL anymore.
I was in Kamloops Dec 30, 31st. We drove from Calgary to Kamloops, then headed to Langley and Vancouver. It's a small town, and when we were there the roads weren't the greatest as they had the first dump of snow couple days before hand. To race in a sports car is crazy.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:08 AM
3rd Gear

Re: Re: two runs against a 350z before motor blows

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
I was in Kamloops Dec 30, 31st. We drove from Calgary to Kamloops, then headed to Langley and Vancouver. It's a small town, and when we were there the roads weren't the greatest as they had the first dump of snow couple days before hand. To race in a sports car is crazy.
i passed thru there to, roads were great and dry a little snow on the side,but nothing to stop anyone from racing.

i saw a ss camero destroy a mustang gt on the way out of kamloops at the last light heading to Calgary.

maybe your a spring and summer racer?
Old 01-12-2003, 08:35 AM
Selling Chicken Parts

sounded like head gasket to me..he'll be ok...he has a warranty!

good racing, it'll be a while before i get back into that scene, unless you guys wanna try me in 2' of snow
Old 01-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
glad to see you still around "8"
Old 01-14-2003, 12:51 AM
Official BS Sniffer

This story was the BIGGEST load of BS I've EVER heard...come on now, a VQ blowing a head gasket at less than 3000 miles....riiight...
Old 01-14-2003, 04:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
yeah, that would be impossible
Old 01-14-2003, 07:12 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm doing a VQ swap in my car.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by mattg
yeah, that would be impossible
ah yes....now I remember why I don't post on here but once a month....too many morons.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:20 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by TypeSKiller
ah yes....now I remember why I don't post on here but once a month....too many morons.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally posted by TypeSKiller

go back to the org, asshole.

oh, and wipe that shit off you nose.

Quick Reply: two runs against a 350z before motor blows