go back to the org, asshole.

oh, and wipe that shit off you nose.
The maturity level of this board is amazing, as well as the education level
Old 01-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by Maximized
The maturity level of this board is amazing, as well as the education level
oh please...you get down and dirty with the rest of us. I recall many of your posts and replies about people talking shit about maximas and 350s...
Old 01-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
The maturity level of this board is amazing, as well as the education level.

that's it, lump the maturity and education level of the whole forums together over something that I said.

thats pure genius, Maximized.

Old 01-14-2003, 11:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bkknight369
oh please...you get down and dirty with the rest of us. I recall many of your posts and replies about people talking shit about maximas and 350s...
I have to get down and dirty sometime because people dont have a clue what they are talking about. Personal attacks are useless and childish.

This is probably one of the first documented blown N/A VQ's heard of. The engine is very strong and can handle pretty high amounts of abuse. There are quite a few VQ's running ~10lbs of boost with no internal work done. Thats why TypeSkiller probably hints BS.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:25 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by mattg
that's it, lump the maturity and education level of the whole forums together over something that I said.

thats pure genius, Maximized.

How about you take you head OUT off your ass.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:27 AM
Instructor

I have to get down and dirty sometime because people dont have a clue what they are talking about. Personal attacks are useless and childish.

This is probably one of the first documented blown N/A VQ's heard of. The engine is very strong and can handle pretty high amounts of abuse. There are quite a few VQ's running ~10lbs of boost with no internal work done. Thats why TypeSkiller probably hints BS.
you believe what you want, it just seems to be a funny thing that the people that cause half of the non-sense seems to be the nissan people, is your forum so shity that you got nothing but spare time to come over and flame us all the time.
the guys head gasket went ,it went, if you don't believe me tough shit for you,i don't care,
i blew my timing belt racing a cobra mustang at 16,000 km and had to have the top end rebuilt under warrenty in my cl-s, acura is known for very strong engines and can handle pretty high amounts of abuse to.
i wonder if the cobra was part of a forum and posted his win over me ,we're you there to cry bullshit to some how i would be surprised might not of been you but you nissan guys think your cars are the greatest. i did the best i could to type out what had happen i tried to make short as possible and
as acurate as i saw it considering it happen fast. If that isnt good enough for you

i also have a 2002 maxima , and theres a few others on this forum that have a nissan including their Cl so i know everyone who owns a nissan can't be a asshole.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:41 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by goldcltype-s
you believe what you want, it just seems to be a funny thing that the people that cause half of the non-sense seems to be the nissan people, is your forum so shity that you got nothing but spare time to come over and flame us all the time.
the guys head gasket went ,it went, if you don't believe me tough shit for you,i don't care,
i blew my timing belt racing a cobra mustang at 16,000 km and had to have the top end rebuilt under warrenty in my cl-s, acura is known for very strong engines and can handle pretty high amounts of abuse to.
i wonder if the cobra was part of a forum and posted his win over me ,we're you there to cry bullshit to some how i would be surprised might not of been you but you nissan guys think your cars are the greatest. i did the best i could to type out what had happen i tried to make short as possible and
as acurate as i saw it considering it happen fast. If that isnt good enough for you

i also have a 2002 maxima , and theres a few others on this forum that have a nissan including their Cl so i know everyone who owns a nissan can't be a asshole.
Breaking your timing belt and BLOWING A HEADGASKET ON A MOTOR WITH 3000 MILES are two COMPLETELY different things...not even comparable.

Do you want a cookie or a medal because you own a nissan?
Old 01-15-2003, 03:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by TypeSKiller
How about you take you head OUT off your ass.

you are the one who came in this thread talking shit, asshole. like your precious VQ couldn't possibly blow a head gasket.

you need to get your head out of your ass and realize it is possible for unpossible to occur. every mechanical thing has some sort of failure rate.

now kindly fuck off.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:26 AM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a lot depends on how he blew the motor.If a gasket just shot then it will be not to bad to fix it(like 200 bucks if warrenty doesn't cover it) But from the way it sounds I bet he threw a rod. which if the rod went through the side of the block they might as well use that block as a giant paperweight
Old 01-15-2003, 11:01 AM
Official BS Sniffer

you are the one who came in this thread talking shit, asshole. like your precious VQ couldn't possibly blow a head gasket.

you need to get your head out of your ass and realize it is possible for unpossible to occur. every mechanical thing has some sort of failure rate.

now kindly fuck off.
You need to quit posting that stupid "grinfawk" smiley in every post. It makes you look like a real idiot.

BTW:

Old 01-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Breaking your timing belt and BLOWING A HEADGASKET ON A MOTOR WITH 3000 MILES are two COMPLETELY different things...not even comparable.
They are?? Both are failures of a part. A blown head gasket can be the result of defective gasket; particularly the seal around the cylinder. It can also be the result of a burn on one of the fasteners causing incorrect torque on the head. These are some very basic manufacturing problems which result in a complete engine failure.

A timing belt failure can be the result of a manufacturing defect such as bad material or out of specification heating during extrusion. Or even damage during initial installation. But again can result in a complete engine failure.

They are different failures but both end in a non-functional engine. So IMO, they are comparable in a way...
Old 01-15-2003, 03:13 PM
Senior Moderator

oh, the irony

how far off the subject do you want to get?

maybe you should go somewhere you're wanted, if there is such a place.

oh, and TypeSKiller ~

Old 01-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts
LMAO This thread went horribly awry.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:12 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

I guess it's possible... I mean quality control doesn't cathc EVERYTHING... I'm sure there's a small percentage of cars that roll off every lot that are just fucked up to begin with... Kinda like our exploding trannies... a certain percentage of them go out and it's just quality error b/c of imperfections...
Old 01-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Racer

My next car is going to be the 350z ... i used to have a 1990 300zx and loved every part of it .... GREAT CAR!
Old 02-16-2003, 01:07 AM
Banned

This story was the BIGGEST load of BS I've EVER heard...come on now, a VQ blowing a head gasket at less than 3000 miles....riiight...

holy cow pretty nasty comments for someone who wasn't there,
i have to ask if you are a mechanic and why you feel that this couldn't have happen.
in my cuda i had major problems at 500 miles with the new motor.

i'm the guy that goldcltype-s was racing and yes the head gasket did blow, they also replaced the air conditioning unit and rad.
for a stock auto cl , goldcltype-s has to be running in the low 14's
it is a very quick car, on the first race i did blow the shift , not being totally use to the car and surprised that he was on me a close as he was.

we do plan to go at it again now that he has added i/h i think its possible that he could beat me or give me a very difficult race. My 350 is again back in the shop for clutch problems now. With only 6500 kms this car has had several bugs that has had to be fixed.

on a personal note TypeSKiller i'm not out to personally attack you because i don't know you but
for a guy that dosen't even have a cl you should feel privilage that they have allowed you here. since this post i have notice that you and several of the forums members have gone head to head on certain posts because of your nissan support, but lately its seems that your attitude has change to the good and you have made some good comments.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:20 AM
Banned

at the time when this had happened i was convince that the motor was blown, there was smoke everywhere there was fluid pouring on to the ground and the bang alone was enough that i almost crap my pants. I have reviewed goldcltype-s original thread and it sums up the events that happen pretty dam close,

i think as a new member what surprises me the most is there are several people that are more than happy to jump on members and cry bullshit. Anything can happen on the street Yes the 350z is a exciting car as for fast its not bad, there are faster out there.

i think some people need to realize that all car owners are not professional drivers like the ones that test these cars out. when i bought my car, the local dealer said that the best time he had been able to get his 350 so far was 14.5, he figures that he'll be able to improve his time with practice this time is well in the Cl range.

john
Old 02-16-2003, 01:54 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by highwayman
holy cow pretty nasty comments for someone who wasn't there,
i have to ask if you are a mechanic and why you feel that this couldn't have happen.
in my cuda i had major problems at 500 miles with the new motor.

i'm the guy that goldcltype-s was racing and yes the head gasket did blow, they also replaced the air conditioning unit and rad.
for a stock auto cl , goldcltype-s has to be running in the low 14's
it is a very quick car, on the first race i did blow the shift , not being totally use to the car and surprised that he was on me a close as he was.

we do plan to go at it again now that he has added i/h i think its possible that he could beat me or give me a very difficult race. My 350 is again back in the shop for clutch problems now. With only 6500 kms this car has had several bugs that has had to be fixed.

on a personal note TypeSKiller i'm not out to personally attack you because i don't know you but
for a guy that dosen't even have a cl you should feel privilage that they have allowed you here. since this post i have notice that you and several of the forums members have gone head to head on certain posts because of your nissan support, but lately its seems that your attitude has change to the good and you have made some good comments.

If it was really you that he ran...and it was really you're car...than that's pretty wild....I've NEVER heard of ANY VQ blowing a headgasket except under boost.

As for the CL keeping up with you...I would attribute that to your car being BROKEN....sometimes that does put a little restriction on horsepower.

In my experience with automatic CL-Ss (one of my best friends has one), I could slowly pull them with my bolt-on maxima.....and my Z DESTROYS my maxima...end of story.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:09 AM
Instructor

hey john
you finally logged on.

hey i'll be back up in loops tomorrow afternoon i'll check if your at your hangout.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Banned

If it was really you that he ran...and it was really you're car...than that's pretty wild....I've NEVER heard of ANY VQ blowing a headgasket except under boost.

As for the CL keeping up with you...I would attribute that to your car being BROKEN....sometimes that does put a little restriction on horsepower.

In my experience with automatic CL-Ss (one of my best friends has one), I could slowly pull them with my bolt-on maxima.....and my Z DESTROYS my maxima...end of story.
this could be true since i've bought this car it has spent a fair amount of time in the service bay. I haven't been thrilled with this car so far, i'm beginning to wonder if i have picked up a lemon. with this lastest venture to the shop for clutch problems. I also suspect that having only 6500 kms on the car it hasnt lossen up yet. I know on my cuda it wasn't till about 15,000km that the car reached it full potental. i know taking to the service manager there has been other 350's that have suffered some major engine work. this can be expect for a first year car i've been told, thats why i have a warranty.

anyway i'm not knocking goldcltype-s he won the first two races, a race is a race that what street racing is about, the nice thing about him he'll race anyone win or lose. so there will be a rematch.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Senior Moderator

TypeSKiller =

Old 02-16-2003, 02:18 PM
Banned

TypeSKiller =

after seeing some of your post you one funny guy.

you must be the fun of the party

john

goldcltype-s says you have one of the fastest auto's around
Old 02-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Senior Moderator

it's just funny when someone like him, who is here only to call BS, gets called out.

TypeSKiller isn't a bad guy though, maybe a little blinded by his nissan brand faith.

and yes, i like to have a little fun around here, w/o going too far

welcome to the forums, highwayman
Old 02-16-2003, 02:36 PM
Banned

it's just funny when someone like him, who is here only to call BS, gets called out.

TypeSKiller isn't a bad guy though, maybe a little blinded by his nissan brand faith.

and yes, i like to have a little fun around here, w/o going too far

welcome to the forums, highwayman

love your humour it bring a lot of laughs
and the forum is lucky to have a guy like you

oh yea TypeSKiller is a nissan junkie but does seem like a cool dude to.

great forum lots of good people here and knowledge glad to see that the moderators ban the shitheads fast.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:38 PM
Racer

Nissans are still great cars! Me and my family are proof of that ... my CL is the first car my family has owned that wasn't a nissan or an Infinity. 20 years of Nissans and I'm still getting the 350Z when i can round up the funds
Old 02-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Highwayman what do you estimate your Cuda will run? With those mods I am guessing mid 12s if you can get traction.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by PerFecto
Nissans are still great cars!

agreed, i've owned a '90 se 5mt, which i loved, and a '95 gxe auto which i liked too.

i was actually dreaming of a pearl white anniversary edition 6speed max when i bought my cl-s. i just got too good a deal on the cl.
Old 02-16-2003, 04:38 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by highwayman
this could be true since i've bought this car it has spent a fair amount of time in the service bay. I haven't been thrilled with this car so far, i'm beginning to wonder if i have picked up a lemon. with this lastest venture to the shop for clutch problems. I also suspect that having only 6500 kms on the car it hasnt lossen up yet. I know on my cuda it wasn't till about 15,000km that the car reached it full potental. i know taking to the service manager there has been other 350's that have suffered some major engine work. this can be expect for a first year car i've been told, thats why i have a warranty.
Maybe if it was a "first run" of the engine you could expect problems...but the VQ has been around for 8 years now, and the 3.5 version has been around for almost 2 years. None of the other vehicles that share this motor have had any problems...why would the Z? My guess is you got a Lemon too.

As for MattG... :P
Old 02-16-2003, 05:34 PM
Suzuka Master

BUSTED AND BANNED!!!!

Dear MR Highwayman (AKA goldcltype-s),

Nice touch to run the "highwayman" character through a spell checker.

In any event, I checked the IP address that you use on the weekends and it's the same one that "highwayman" has been using all day long (today). Your story doesn't check out.

If you really were living together (same IP address on the weekends), you could have just said you live with a 50-year-old and you raced your roommate. However, that's not the story you rolled-out today...

This is pathetic... The Highwayman is an alias of your normal weekend IP address.

This thread is now closed...