twist a dent or dent wizard is a joke

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 11:16 AM
fuh-Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twist a dent or dent wizard is a joke

there is a guy on our local news here in jax that tries out new products to see if they do what they say they do. last night he tried it out and he followed the instructions to a tee. first of all i would hesitate to put any type of adhesive onto the surface of my car, and it came with some type of cleaning solution that your supposed to use first that looked like windex, so im assuming thats supposed to strip the wax so then your putting this black gooey adhesive out of a tube onto your paint! then you stick a thing that looks like a suction cup with a threaded metal bar sticking out of the end onto the adhesive. the instructions said to let dry 10-15 minutes and then your supposed to use the bridge (i dont know the correct name for it but its similar to the suction cup thing but theres 2 of them and they are connected by a bridge and has a vice mechanism in the middle) to pull the dent out by using the vice. he tried it 3 or 4 times each time cleaning the area with the solution and re-applying new adhesive, and every time he started to twist the adhesive broke free, therefore not holding onto the dent and not pulling it out! just a heads up to everyone who was curious about it!
Old 07-16-2002, 01:32 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Here's the website for the Ding King, which is the item I think you saw tested on television.

http://www.dingkingtool.com/

Dent Wizard is a chain/franchise which, from what I've seen, does excellent work using "spoons" to work dents out from the inside.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:42 PM
My Avator

ive thought about using stuff like the ding king. but the commercial just seems to hard to believe.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:44 PM
Go Cubs!!!

I saw that commercial, but dent wizard is a company that comes to you and they do it with these little things inside your door. I dont think that commercial was ding king though, i think it was "fix a dent".
Old 07-16-2002, 02:04 PM
fuh-Q

sorry i should have been more specific, its the do it yourself one that you can buy for around $30
Old 07-16-2002, 02:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
dentwizard is taking care of 4 dings on my car right now as we speak for about $230 I hope it works and I keep you guys posted
Old 07-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep DENTWIZARD the shop does good work I had work done on 2 my ACCORD about 3years ago. This was before I got my TL.
I had a dent the size of a tennis ball on the car. I am not sure about that TV thing also I would not try it myself on a newer car. If I had an old clunker I might give it a try just for the hell of it.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:33 PM
Old timer

You don't ever pull a dent out from the outside. That shit is for idiots who don't know anything about their cars and just want to buy a piece of junk As Seen On TV.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BTW -- if you look around and have some nasty dings, try and get a reference. There are some of the Dent Wizard guys that have been doing this stuff for years and are amazing.

As with all "processes", some are good and some aren't so good. If you can get a "hook-up" to one of the guys who has done some "serious" work, you will be amazed at what can be done (and how fast it can be done).

Also, there are some ex-Dent “Wizards” and body repair folks that “stop-by” detailer's and car lots… If you have a door covered with "ding rash", you might be able to get a few cars (get a group together at one location) and save some money by allowing the “expert” to do a bunch of work at one location…

<<--------------------->>

RE: for that latest commercial (with the goo and suction cups)...

As for that mallet going into the hood with a quick pop-out... buyer beware... Metal work is not for the faint of heart. As a note, there are some dents that will pop out (and some will even pop out with some sun baking), but most dings do not just "pop-out". (If there is a sharp crease – a “pop-out job isn’t going to work…)

(YOU should see the full set of tools that a great Dent Wizard Pro has.... it’s truly amazing. The other issue concerns that ability to get in and out of a tight space to fix a ding without letting water get in later (after the repair) and other issues…