trust

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2001 | 06:52 AM
Pro

trust

survey to all navi owners, when you take a outoftown trip do you bring a map? do you even ask for the directions to were your going or just the addr to put into navi. my B-day is getting close so i have to deciedd $2000 f0r fact navi plus 250 for video decoder or 1200 for alpine monitor with 1 slot cd, but remote, pluse 2g's for dvd rom navi

------------------
2001 acura cl type-s
comming soon
2000 accord v6 sedan
1997 4runner
1992 camaro
1993 volvo 850
Old 02-09-2001 | 09:54 AM
Instructor

To me the navi is gold. (as long as the place you r going is mapped)
I love it wouldnt trade it in for the world.

------------------
2K1 CL-S BLK on BLK
Navi,mudgaurds,
spoiler,Eibach springs dropped 1 3/4 in ,35%,sitting on 19" Altstadts & Nitto 555 235/35/19s
Comptech headers and sways.
Old 02-09-2001 | 11:10 AM
Suzuka Master

The navi is what makes my car so enjoyable when I go out of town. I always use the navi. One thing I heard w/ after market navi's that you constinantly have to mute the volume to listen to the voice commands. But in our oem navi it automatically mutes out the volume when she's speaking. You might want to think twice before getting an aftermarket navi. My friend had this problem in his truck. w/ an alpine navi.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 02-09-2001 | 08:12 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NYREP1:
survey to all navi owners, when you take a outoftown trip do you bring a map? do you even ask for the directions to were your going or just the addr to put into navi. my B-day is getting close so i have to deciedd $2000 f0r fact navi plus 250 for video decoder or 1200 for alpine monitor with 1 slot cd, but remote, pluse 2g's for dvd rom navi

</font>
The address is all that is needed.
It rocks.

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
•White\Black
•Comptech Springs
•Comptech Sways
•Navigation System
•Burlwood Shifter
•Guards+Fenderwell Trim
•Smokers Package
My Car
Old 02-09-2001 | 08:20 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

The NAV rocks. Although sometimes I think "she" suffers from PMS.

(Partial Map Syndrome)

------------------
It's a small world. So you gotta use your elbows a lot!

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Navigation-Spoiler-Muds-Wheel locks-35% Tint-PIAA wedges-V1 and remote
Old 02-09-2001 | 08:48 PM
Intermediate

Being a gadget guy, there was no way I was going to buy my CL-S without the GPS. It wasn't until I took my wife to Cape Cod for the weekend last summer the I really appriciated how great the system is.

I plotted our trip from Burlington, Vermont down to Hyannis. Everything was pretty non-eventful as we were making our way down I95 to Boston. When we got there we hit a 3 mile traffic jam cause by the $10 Billion hole they've been digging in the center of Boston. We were just sitting there with an exit just off to our right. It was at that point I decided to test the system out.

I hit the detour button just as traffic started to roll forward. The GPS computer was working away as I tried to prolong moving up and missing that exit and being stuck on the highway for who knows how long.

Just as traffic behind me started getting restless with me, the GPS spit out a new course, so I made a dash for the exit. I was now totally at the mercy of my cars internal system. With no other maps on board I was now heading directly into the center of downtown Boston.

It wasn't long before both my wife and I realized that this option was more then a toy. My wife was laughing as the on board computer was spitting out turn left here turn right there. I was busy avoiding traffic and found it nice to have the directions given to me verbally. about 15 minutes later we were on the south side of the city with smooth sailing to the Cape.

Once we got there, it was time to find a room. I refered to my GPS again. I selected the hotels in the radius button and from the list of names and numbers, call from my cell phone. Once I pick the one we wanted, I hit the directs to button and let the car take us to their lobby.

My wife was impressed and it stared our little vacation off with a bang. During the weekend we used the system to go to places we hadn't seen on other trips to the Cape. Following the GPS, we were able to take side roads to places we never saw before, knowing that we the GPS we would never not know where we were.

That one trip made me realize that to have gotten the car without it would have been a waste. Bottom line, ITS GREAT.

------------------
2001 CL-S Red/Ebony w/Nav

[This message has been edited by Gizmo (edited 02-09-2001).]
Old 02-09-2001 | 08:56 PM
Race Director

I'm a gadget guy too and I really didn't have to think twice about the Navi. Aside from the added resale value, the Navi just plain looks cool.

Prior I had been using a handheld Garmin GPSIII+ which has built-in maps of the entire US and has software upgrades online for free. In conjunction with Delorme Street Atlas on my laptop, I could use this combo anyplace. Today the Navi (in the car) and Pocket Streets on my iPaq (outside the car) will fit the bill.

I can't remember the last time I consulted a paper map. Perhaps several years ago in Alaska I used a topo of Denali.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 02-09-2001 | 10:34 PM
Honda fan extraordinaire

Get the NAVI You'll never be sorry! Every month I find better uses.

------------------
Satin Silver CL-S,Spoiler,Navi.
Old 02-10-2001 | 12:15 AM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
I'm a gadget guy too and I really didn't have to think twice about the Navi. Aside from the added resale value, the Navi just plain looks cool.

Prior I had been using a handheld Garmin GPSIII+ which has built-in maps of the entire US and has software upgrades online for free. In conjunction with Delorme Street Atlas on my laptop, I could use this combo anyplace. Today the Navi (in the car) and Pocket Streets on my iPaq (outside the car) will fit the bill.

I can't remember the last time I consulted a paper map. Perhaps several years ago in Alaska I used a topo of Denali.

</font>
How many hands you got?

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no money!
Old 02-10-2001 | 08:09 PM
Back to Four Doors

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soichiro:
Get the NAVI You'll never be sorry! Every month I find better uses.
</font>
My recent favorite "new" use was finding a restaurant when out of town on a sales call. We finished the call early and wanted lunch. Being new in the area, I just asked the Navi for a suggestion and voila, we were guided to our destination. That was cool and saved us a lot of hassle of driving around looking for a place we all could agree on.

------------------
Rex -
'01 CL Type S - Satin Silver, Navi, BBS RK
Lic: THX CBOE
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...770&p=36712116