Tranny recall done and other service

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranny recall done and other service

Had my tranny recall done. They also changed my tranny fluid as appeared to be turning brown. The dealer also replaced my whole driver's seatback because there was a slight bulge just below the seatback lever on the side that allows access to the backseat. Dealer said it was warped. Members may want to check. Also replaced the wipers again and did another update because of the streaking under warranty. 4th time. But it saves me from paying for new blades. Replaced power steering reservoir as it was leaking. I noticed residue under the pump when detailing the engine. Air condtioner still has a funny noise that I think is not the fan or or NORMAL compressor noise. They couldn't duplicate it. ONLY happens when car is in drive and car is stopped. Seems like an intermittent grinding.More obvious when fan is on low to eliminate that noise. Maybe paranoia. ANY IDEAS on the air conditioner?
Kudos to Acura of Memphis. Good JOB.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
Originally Posted by louisn
Had my tranny recall done. They also changed my tranny fluid as appeared to be turning brown. The dealer also replaced my whole driver's seatback because there was a slight bulge just below the seatback lever on the side that allows access to the backseat. Dealer said it was warped. Members may want to check. Also replaced the wipers again and did another update because of the streaking under warranty. 4th time. But it saves me from paying for new blades. Replaced power steering reservoir as it was leaking. I noticed residue under the pump when detailing the engine. Air condtioner still has a funny noise that I think is not the fan or or NORMAL compressor noise. They couldn't duplicate it. ONLY happens when car is in drive and car is stopped. Seems like an intermittent grinding.More obvious when fan is on low to eliminate that noise. Maybe paranoia. ANY IDEAS on the air conditioner?
nope, not a paranoia. I noticed the same thing. It only make humming noise while car is in drive, and you are not driving (like standing on red light or etc). Its not too loud. I think its normal....
Old 07-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
how many miles do you have on your car?

i didn't know they replace wipers under warranty!

also... was the buldge from the side air bags?
Old 07-23-2004, 11:02 AM
M to da DZ

10-4 on the AC noise. I have that as well. I decided not to bring it in to the dealer for that. I'm sure they won't be able to duplicate it and it doesn't seem to cause a loss in cooling the car.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Advanced

I've also got that tumor growing under the seat latch. I've never met the new service manager since Brian left. Were they receptive about replacing the seat back or did you have to force the issue???
Old 07-23-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm Cool

Regrading the AC noise, i got that replace by dealer. Try pushing on the brake while on D everytime i do this the AC will start making this weird noise
Old 07-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by hinrgdj
I've also got that tumor growing under the seat latch. I've never met the new service manager since Brian left. Were they receptive about replacing the seat back or did you have to force the issue???
Ricky, who wrote the ticket up, ordered the new seatback w/o any hassle whatsoever. I didn't even know they had a new service manager.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Bobbydoedoe
Regrading the AC noise, i got that replace by dealer. Try pushing on the brake while on D everytime i do this the AC will start making this weird noise
Interesting!! I assumed that the brake was on when I hear the noise (sometime no noise even if brake is on) since it's in drive but I'll concentrate on that relationship in the future when I try to reproduce the noise. Did they replace your your compressor or another part?
Old 07-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by umcp
how many miles do you have on your car?

i didn't know they replace wipers under warranty!

also... was the buldge from the side air bags?
The bulge is on the side of the driver's seat just below the latch that releases the seatback. You can actually see the bulge. Feels like a metal support just pushing out on the fake leather.
I have a 2001 with 35,000 miles almost 4 years old; there is a service bulletin for wiper streaking which I have done 4 times. It always come back, though. I got a feeling it may just be the blades not the tubing.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm Cool

Interesting!! I assumed that the brake was on when I hear the noise (sometime no noise even if brake is on) since it's in drive but I'll concentrate on that relationship in the future when I try to reproduce the noise. Did they replace your your compressor or another part?
i think is the compressor, but i might be wrong
Old 07-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Team Owner

The bulge is on the side of the driver's seat just below the latch that releases the seatback. You can actually see the bulge. Feels like a metal support just pushing out on the fake leather.
That’s the side airbag and I thought all the Gen II CL’s had the weird bulge there.
Mine does. My 2001 did too.
I think maybe your dealer is fishing for some unnecessary work to be done.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Shawn S
That’s the side airbag and I thought all the Gen II CL’s had the weird bulge there.
Mine does. My 2001 did too.
I think maybe your dealer is fishing for some unnecessary work to be done.
Maybe, you're right. But, it does look like like something is bent. My seatback is a little worn looking anyway. The passenger side does not have the bulge. Maybe it's related to the lumbar support?
The service rep used the word "warped."
Old 07-23-2004, 10:13 PM
DP's for life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am still working with my district Acura service rep to get the Air condiontion noise fixed. The noise I hear is not normal (sounds like a vibration) and the Acura service people agree. As soon as I get the sound fixed I will post the resolution....
Old 07-23-2004, 10:21 PM
Got a Job!

hey artwork, do you have the sound ONLY when the A/C is on?? Because I have a similar type sound that used to be only when the A/C was on, but now it's worse. It pretty happens all the time. It's SO DAMN irritating!
Old 07-24-2004, 12:03 AM
DP's for life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dem1K
hey artwork, do you have the sound ONLY when the A/C is on?? Because I have a similar type sound that used to be only when the A/C was on, but now it's worse. It pretty happens all the time. It's SO DAMN irritating!
Yes only when the A/C is on...and the noise starts when the the fans/compressor kick on
Old 07-24-2004, 06:30 AM
Pro

Has anyone had their air conditioner compressor fail? Were there any early warning signs of failure like a strange vibration or noise that seemed strange but didn't seem to affect the cooling effectiveness?
Old 07-24-2004, 06:53 AM
Racer

There is a squeaking sound from the pully when i put the a/c on. you can't hear it from inside the car with the windows closed but it is very noticeable from outside. The sound is coming from the crank pully. by the way, i do have UR pullies so I wonder if the aftermarket pully is causing the sound. The sound stops as soon as i turn off the a/c.