totaled my cl

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 07:32 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as your insurance is concerned, as long as the car is on your father's policy it will be covered. Even if you aren't on his policy, you are still a resident relative of his household and will be covered. When the estimator looks at your car and declares it a total loss, which is most likely the case in a front end collission at 70mph, the adjuster will settle with your father based on the value of the car. If the car was financed the insurance co will pay the value of the car to the lienholder and any difference would go to you. hope this helps.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:10 PM
Intermediate

His daddy will probably give him his BMW M* hand-me-down and buy a new car. These rich parents dont mind $10,000/yr insurance. He'll only mind when he gets that call at 3am that his son is dead when he wraps his M3 around a pole at a buck-twenty.

Last year before I bought mine, a dealer tossed me the keys to a demo w/ about 3000 miles (ie you can open it up). I immediately respected my parents more for giving me a 1983 nissan sentra hatchback as my first car in '90 with all of 70hp, top speed about 80 with the a/c off. I would have gotten myself into trouble (at least a lot of tickets, if not wrecks) with something as powerful as the CL. They are honestly guilty for giving me something so light weight after seeing some of the posts of survived accidents on this board, but I still think they did the right thing b/c that car by no way gave anyone the feeling of invincibility.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:35 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

ok ok...

i think u guys have been hard enough on the guy and i dont blame u guys for torching him but HOPEFULLY he has learnt his lesson. *fingeres crossed* ... otherwise i'd be scared to drive on the same street as him

BUT the question is:

What will his parents buy him next ?

If they buy this kid another fast car, esp anything fastER... than it would make me wonder how they ever figured out HOW to produce a child cos they're too damn stoopid.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:46 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Shawn S

Or better yet, ask for a Lincoln Navigator next time so it goes THROUGH the wall instead of stopping.

Funny stuff. I guess everyone is kinda being hard on the kid, but for pulling that stunt he kind of deserves it. Either way, glad to see your OK and hopefully you have more respect for your next car and life, yours and everyone else's, in the future.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:01 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is why i think all kids should start out with "beaters" cause at my high school in 3 years this one girl totaled 3 SWEET cars(1 Viper, 1 Mustang Cobra, 1 Benz(I don't know the model)) but she flat out told me one day one day she was going to wreck the Benz cause she was getting tired of it. I'm thinking you have a 40-50 grand car(cause it was brand new) she hit a phone pole on purpose. I told her who's going to replace your car she said well insurance will pay for what its worth then everything over that for a new car my parents will pick up. IIf your doing 70 in a parking garage you shouldn't even have your lisence. the fastest I've ever went in a large parking garage was like 25-30 MPH. I know when I have kids I'm going to buy them a beater and tell them if you wreck or booger up this car I'm not buying you a 2nd or 3rd or any other car. If you want to buy a new car that's fine but this is it for me buying cars for you.

you know the sad part is I'm a firefighter I responded to a kid like this. the dad was loaded and the son was only 17. He just got his full lisence like 6 months before this happened. he'd tear through town in his new Camero SS(his dad bought him)he'd do burnouts and slide around corners and just act crazy in it(it was a SWEET car bright red convertible 6 speed) well one night at about 2 or 3 they dropped tones on car into a phone pole. sad to say the kid died on the scene. but the sad part is if he would have had a respect for power and money that probably wouldn't have happened.
I'm not saying you gotta drive like a boring person but know your limits and know the cars limits. when you go beyond those limits your screwed
Old 09-03-2002, 09:04 PM
Subie Dubie

Crazy kids I do find it amusing that he crashes his passenger into a WALL at 70mph and then says he "saved" his life.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:30 PM
Advanced

If I were the kid's dad, I'd rather pay for this out of pocket rather than report to insurance. Also, its easy to sit here and give this kid lots of shit. We don't know why the kid got the car. As he admitted, he screwed up. At 17, we're all invincible. Giving a kid a beater isn't going to stop that mentality. I drove a Plymouth Voyager @ 16 and still managed to check its top end. Also, we don't know the reasons why he got the car. Perhaps his parents rewarded him for his academic or athletic performance? My parents bought me a Legend in 92 cause I got a full ride to a private school. You can sit here and give a 17 yo tons of shit without knowing if he truely is a spoiled brat or a kid who just realized his mortality by testing it.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:46 PM
Suzuka Master

i dont think he has a type S...

not that it matters.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:05 PM
Smack My B*tch Up

you and your friend should probaly thank the concrete wall for not letting you fly off the structure
Old 09-03-2002, 11:01 PM
///M POWER

shit, i aint never gonna race again
Old 09-03-2002, 11:06 PM
Instructor

RACE!! but not in a parking lot...i almost hit a car with two babies =( after that i never speed in parking lots
Old 09-03-2002, 11:44 PM
Cruisin'

This post reminds me of the stupid things I did when I was 17. The year was 1967. I was driving my parents car, a 1967 Plymouth GTX 440. I was on a wet street, and floored it out. The car started to fishtail.This was Plymouths first year for disc brakes,which had a tendency to grab really bad. The end result was I slid into a phone pole. The fender, door and side were messed up, but it wasn't not a major collision.I did a lot of stupid things when I was younger. A lot of people have to learn the hard way. I haven't even floored my cl-s from a standing stop . There's no need to. Every one slows down, if they live long enough .
Old 09-04-2002, 12:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
shit.. if i were him... i would worry about my insurance too... cuz that s something i have to worry about in reality... i m pretty sure he learned his lesson and i know how he feels right now.. cuz i just got a ticket at 92 MPH and it s my 3rd ticket... the first thing came 2 my mind was my insurance.... u think i m gonna think about how dangeous is 92 MPH to other drivers? fuck no.... Be real guyz...

and TO U: hopefully u learned ur lesson... and talk to ur parents about it and ask them to go to ur insurance agent and see what is going to happen.. because totalled a car is not the end of world...especially there is no other cars involved in this accident. i have a lot of friends who totalled their cars... so just find out what is going to happen next and then think about what to do....$ is important but it s nothing compare to ur life.. so as long as u and ur friends r ok... that s all it matters... everything else comes second =) as long as u dont make the same stupid mistake again. if ur parents r understandable.. they would tell u the same thing..
Old 09-04-2002, 01:06 AM
Banned

Not to add to the burning blaze under his feet (glad you're OK). But dude...if it were me and I had done that...my parents would have already killed, tortured, and buried me in the backyard. And if they hadn't, my friend's parents would have...dear lord.

Austin519
Old 09-04-2002, 02:31 AM
O.G.

Since everybody have scolded you already, all I have to say is....play the lottery!
Old 09-04-2002, 07:51 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Where are the pics???
Old 09-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by Scrib
Where are the pics???
LOL

You think he's gonna come back on here? Maybe there are no pics and he's breaking our chops to stir up shit.....
Old 09-04-2002, 08:17 AM
The anti-misshift

I'm not going to say much about the mistake you made. glad u and ur friends r ok.
Old 09-05-2002, 12:13 AM
Banned

shawn s > shut the fuck up. you and your ugly ass fake ass gold rims need to stop posting. Yeah, I can be as immature as you dick face.
Old 09-05-2002, 12:15 AM
Banned

thanks for all the sympathy guys. i will prolly end up with a peice of shit car knowing what my parents are gonna do.
Old 09-05-2002, 12:30 AM
Retired. Not available.

Originally posted by Shawn S
:pfawk: :pfawk: :pfawk:

A 35-year old looking at animated BOOBS is a LOT more mature then a 17-year old racing 70-MPH in a freaking PARKING GARAGE !!!

Shawn S
Shawn,
Stop picking on the kid. Go pick on someone your own .. age :P

Kid,
dude, you should have respect for the elders. We are like brothers on this board. Even though I never talk, email or PM Shawn, I still treat him like one.

I'm glad that you and your friend survived the accident. If either one of you went, the other will have nitemates for the rest of his life. Take it easy and I hope everything will be OK.
Old 09-05-2002, 12:39 AM
Balla on a Budget

Originally posted by oonowindoo
. i have a lot of friends who totalled their cars...
Dayyyaammmm man, you need to find some friends that know how to driveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 12:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
sometimes you gotta learn lessons the hard way. i speak from experience.

you may have to drive a lessor car for a while. hopefully when you get your next nice car you will take better care and respect it more.

it's all good though, we could've had to read about this in the news paper. you are lucky kid.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:04 AM
Race Director

fuck, u guys should show sympathy, then tear him up AFTER he posts pics..j/k

when i was 16 i tried to see how fast i could make this turn on my street in the rain..i was set on doing the turn at 100km (60mph)..it was like 4am so nobody on the streets

i had a 1993 Infiniti J30t

i did the turn at 90, wasnt good enough, attempted to do it at 100, and the car slid...went over a curb, and i bent the frame of the car in a way that it could not be fixed.

but the infinti was fucked anyways, i have lots of enemies and they fucked that car up since it was parked outside...i also got jumpped a lot from some people that dont like me, and after they kicked my ass, they would fuck up my car..i got them back though

i totaled a 16 thousand dollar car (canada funds)...after that experience, i learned my limits in a car,

my parents then got me a auto 99 acura EL, they told me its the last car they get me so i better not fuck it up..

never been in an accident of any kind since 16..knock on wood.

moral is, u wont learn until u experience it.

sounds like he's being a man about it and admitting it was wrong.

respect for that, as most people wouldnt say what he is saying.

glad your ok.post the pics man!

shawn when did u get gold rims? BLING BLING :-D
Old 09-05-2002, 01:47 AM
Under the radar

LOL

He may of owned up to it but the fact that he's an idiot hasn't changed. He has no choice but to own up to it as there are no scapegoats available.
With all the people trying to make their cars faster on this board I wonder how many have any concept of common sense or personal responsiblity. I may be looking into using mass transit!
Old 09-05-2002, 01:57 AM
Banned

how tha fuk u make it up to 70 in a parking structure/???
Old 09-05-2002, 02:00 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally posted by ktgumbo
Dayyyaammmm man, you need to find some friends that know how to driveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
let me count... as i can remember right now.. i got 5 friends who totalled their cars hahahaha.... one fell in asleep cuz didnt sleep the night before(PARTY).. 1. ran into a tree and cracked the engine cuz he was on some kind of shit hahahahah , 1 fell down from the mountain cuz fucker thought his solora was a WRX .. 1 hit the car in fron tof him without breaking cuz he was trying to ROLL down the passenger side window ( he didnt have auto windows in his civic) and last one totalled his car on purpose... cuz he would get more $ from insurance than selling it (DUMB ASS)
and they all survived....

it is SOO true that u dont learn the lesson until u experience it...... my speed limit on the freeway was 90+ instead of 65 before when i first got my license that was like 5 years ago.... and i really liked tailgate ppl , not on purose but that was the way i drove....but after all the tickets and car accident.. i dont drive as fast as before.. but still fast hahahahhahahaha
Old 09-05-2002, 03:13 AM
Cause stock sux.

Originally posted by oonowindoo
[B1 fell down from the mountain cuz fucker thought his solora was a WRX .. [/B]
Oh geez...
Old 09-05-2002, 06:57 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by oce01acura32cl
shawn s > shut the fuck up. you and your ugly ass fake ass gold rims need to stop posting. Yeah, I can be as immature as you dick face.
Right back at YA prick.

BTW....I drove my car with its “ugly ass rims” this morning.
How was your BUS ride? Or did MOMMY give you a ride in the Rolls?

Shawn S
Old 09-05-2002, 08:16 AM
Banned

shawn, i gotta say, i totally agree with you on this one, this is unreal that some kid would actually do this....unreal, its so sad that a parent would let a kid have a car like that, what the hell did they think would happen?? its the fast and furious generation out there now and they are all fucking nuts, its almost worse than drugs because they are not only killing or hurting themselves, they are hurting or killing other people around them and causing ALL of our insurance premiums to go up over time....just sad sad sad..
Old 09-05-2002, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
OK, this is closed.. it's going no where fast.

If you get pics... start a new topic