TireFlys

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 07:52 AM
'Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TireFlys

anyone heard of these?? a friend of mine got em for his CLK430 and look actually interesting...they fit on the tire valve

http://www.tireflys.com/
Old 07-22-2002, 08:00 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't figure it out...

Is it ?

Is it ?

Is it :ghey:?

or maybe all three.
Old 07-22-2002, 08:05 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

I've seen them. I think they are right up there with the glowing exhaust.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:37 AM
Duck Fuke!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
somebody put that sh*t on a clk430
Old 07-22-2002, 10:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

definately rice all the way
Old 07-22-2002, 10:16 AM
Mr. PC

I think you can get some package deal when you buy the wiper lights :ghey:
Old 07-22-2002, 10:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

They are soooooo
Old 07-22-2002, 10:29 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Please tell me your either high or the part of your brain that interpret's rice is shut off.

First the seatbelt covers, then the paint job thoughts, now this?

:shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd:
Old 07-22-2002, 10:39 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by eclipse23
Please tell me your either high or the part of your brain that interpret's rice is shut off.

First the seatbelt covers, then the paint job thoughts, now this?

:shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd:
Ernie, get yer head outta yer a$$ and think outside the box a little!!! some of what u consider rice mods i consider creative ideas, but that's just my opinion
Old 07-22-2002, 10:45 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Scooter

Ernie, get yer head outta yer a$$ and think outside the box a little!!! some of what u consider rice mods i consider creative ideas, but that's just my opinion
What you need to do is get yourself a honda civic to play with because that's where all your 'creative ideas' belong, not on a 30K luxo-sport coupe. But then again this is just my opinion.

Old 07-22-2002, 10:48 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
omg! soooooooooooo ghetto!
Old 07-22-2002, 11:12 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

What you need to do is get yourself a honda civic to play with because that's where all your 'creative ideas' belong, not on a 30K luxo-sport coupe. But then again this is just my opinion.

Since you're not big on paint jobs then what do you think of this car?
Old 07-22-2002, 11:16 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Zapata

Since you're not big on paint jobs then what do you think of this car?
I like it, it's subtle but at the same time it's not.
What's your point?
If Chris wishes to share his paint idea with everyone else here I'll discuss it but until then I can't say a word.
Old 07-22-2002, 11:18 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

I like it, it's subtle but at the same time it's not.
What's your point?
If Chris wishes to share his paint idea with everyone else here I'll discuss it but until then I can't say a word.

Just asking.....
Old 07-22-2002, 11:32 AM
'Cooter

i disagree...i think anyone can do anything to their rides if they want, rice or no rice...i think your definition is different from mine...i DON'T consider that TL's paint job or Astro's paint job rice in any way...i call it original and creative...u think it's rice according to what u just said earlier and that's fine...i DON'T consider the Type S seatbelt pads to b anymore rice than the Type S floormats or the Type S trunk mat since they compliment the interior...u think the seatbelt pads are rice...so lemme ask u, what makes the Type S pads any more rice than the Type S floormats or the Type S trunk mat??

and what about my moonroof visor??? u think that's rice since rice-rockets all over have em too??? how bout my fenderwell trim??? is Acura rice for offering these accessories???
Old 07-22-2002, 11:50 AM
Moderator Alumnus

i disagree...i think anyone can do anything to their rides if they want, rice or no rice...i think your definition is different from mine...i DON'T consider that TL's paint job or Astro's paint job rice in any way...i call it original and creative...u think it's rice according to what u just said earlier and that's fine...i DON'T consider the Type S seatbelt pads to b anymore rice than the Type S floormats or the Type S trunk mat since they compliment the interior...u think the seatbelt pads are rice...so lemme ask u, what makes the Type S pads any more rice than the Type S floormats or the Type S trunk mat??

and what about my moonroof visor??? u think that's rice since rice-rockets all over have em too??? how bout my fenderwell trim??? is Acura rice for offering these accessories???
I think that the things you consider upgrades are downgrades. It's simply my opinion and since this is a forum and your posting here your gonna hear my opinion. I personally think seat belt pads that say 'Powered by Acura' or TYPE-S are cheap. I don't like the look of after market 'junk' on our car. I don't mind Acura provided accesories as I don't think that they are ricey looking. Whirly dirly wheel lighters, paint jobs with Fast and the Furious written all over them and doing things like having a chase light in your brake light I think that stuff is :ghey:. It's my opinion and your obviously no comfortable with it.
Old 07-22-2002, 11:55 AM
Racer

"Please tell me your either high or the part of your brain that interpret's rice is shut off.

First the seatbelt covers, then the paint job thoughts, now this? "

There is no doubt about it being RICE....you poor poor boy, I hope there are doctors that can help you. Next thing you know you'll be getting a "Whale tail " for the back of your ride. You might try and pass it off as an " aerodynamic enhancement." for better 1/4 times.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:20 PM
'Cooter

I think that the things you consider upgrades are downgrades. It's simply my opinion and since this is a forum and your posting here your gonna hear my opinion. I personally think seat belt pads that say 'Powered by Acura' or TYPE-S are cheap. I don't like the look of after market 'junk' on our car. I don't mind Acura provided accesories as I don't think that they are ricey looking. Whirly dirly wheel lighters, paint jobs with Fast and the Furious written all over them and doing things like having a chase light in your brake light I think that stuff is :ghey:. It's my opinion and your obviously no comfortable with it.
this has NOTHING to do with being comfortable with yer opinion...i respect yer opinion, but put it into perspective Ernie...if u're gonna tell me that in order to "upgrade" my car, i need to spend 10K on a sound system b/c Bose blowz, i'd tell ya to keep truckin...10K for personal enjoyment only is ridiculous...u realize how much MORE fun u coulda had in Vegas with an extra 10K?? i think yer system is the biggest waste of money...it serves absolutely no purpose, i.e. u don't enter it into competitions, u gotta take it apart only to put it in another car, probably the M3/S4, which already has decent systems

now when i get the Z Roadster, im gonna do the performance mods such as headers, sc, intake, yadda yadda yadda...only reason i DON'T do it to the CL is b/c of the tranny, and i've told u this more than once, so i'm emphasizing cosmetic mods on the CL...since i plan on racing the Z in competitions, the mods serve a purpose, so they're legit upgrades

i don't consider custom paint job, seatbelt pads, accessories, etc to b upgrades...i confine upgrades to mods such as springs, sways, tires, brake lines, headers, exhaust, NOS, SC, etc...anything performance oriented

and im sorry that u think my mods, mostly cosmetic, are downgrades, but that doesn't change how much i love my baby...b careful what u say Ernie..."aftermarket junk" as u call it got u that nice drop and that horrendously expensive trunk space, not to mention that sweet-sounding roar at 5K and beyond
Old 07-22-2002, 12:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

this has NOTHING to do with being comfortable with yer opinion...i respect yer opinion, but put it into perspective Ernie...if u're gonna tell me that in order to "upgrade" my car, i need to spend 10K on a sound system b/c Bose blowz, i'd tell ya to keep truckin...10K for personal enjoyment only is ridiculous...u realize how much MORE fun u coulda had in Vegas with an extra 10K?? i think yer system is the biggest waste of money...it serves absolutely no purpose, i.e. u don't enter it into competitions, u gotta take it apart only to put it in another car, probably the M3/S4, which already has decent systems

now when i get the Z Roadster, im gonna do the performance mods such as headers, sc, intake, yadda yadda yadda...only reason i DON'T do it to the CL is b/c of the tranny, and i've told u this more than once, so i'm emphasizing cosmetic mods on the CL...since i plan on racing the Z in competitions, the mods serve a purpose, so they're legit upgrades

i don't consider custom paint job, seatbelt pads, accessories, etc to b upgrades...i confine upgrades to mods such as springs, sways, tires, brake lines, headers, exhaust, NOS, SC, etc...anything performance oriented

and im sorry that u think my mods, mostly cosmetic, are downgrades, but that doesn't change how much i love my baby...b careful what u say Ernie..."aftermarket junk" as u call it got u that nice drop and that horrendously expensive trunk space, not to mention that sweet-sounding roar at 5K and beyond

Oh please Chris take shots at my custom system or make decisions about what I do w/ my money? You use the words 'creative' alot when in reality going to pep boys and picking up shit to slap on your car is the furthest thing from creative. I paid to have something made 'creative' and one of a kind don't knock that. No matter how much shit you put on your car there is nothing creative about it if you drive down the street and see someone else flossing it. Your right, I'm ripping out my system cuz I'm eyeing up my dream car, a car that won't need any mods to make it fast or sound good it's fast enough already and it's an M3, nuff said don't need to impress anybody it's my toy.

I went to vegas, Deluxe Tower Room, Jacuzzi, Saw three of the best shows out there, private tour to the Grand Canyon AND a one day flight to LA to go to Magic Mountain. I would have had to find an EXCUSE to not spend more money... please besides, who are you to tell me how to spend my money?

Comptech parts are PERFORMANCE parts putting fucking lights on your wheels or making your brake look like 'kit from Knight Rider' IN MY OPINION is ghey, once again notice I say this is my opinion.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:52 PM
'Cooter

shrug & sigh

yet another argument that goes nowhere fast...o well
Old 07-22-2002, 12:55 PM
Old timer

i disagree...i think anyone can do anything to their rides if they want, rice or no rice...
Uhm no one is PHYSICALLY stopping you from doing it, we're just letting you know lights on your wheels is gay. It's friendly advice.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:55 PM
The Creator

what a child

I got a couple other ideas for ya... how bout lighted wipers and windshield cleaners? what about underbody neon?? oh oh oh... how about a CHEAP strobe kit for your non show car?!

dont forget to paint your calipers yellow with krylon.

you should get a Type R badge too.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:56 PM
Old timer

Don't forget the chrome wheelwell trim, Soops!
Old 07-22-2002, 12:57 PM
The Creator

Originally posted by JRock
Don't forget the chrome wheelwell trim, Soops!
oh right! chrome fenders own jo0
Old 07-22-2002, 01:04 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by soopa
what a child

I got a couple other ideas for ya... how bout lighted wipers and windshield cleaners? what about underbody neon?? oh oh oh... how about a CHEAP strobe kit for your non show car?!

dont forget to paint your calipers yellow with krylon.

you should get a Type R badge too.
hmmmm, maybe if i bought a Civic like Ernie said would i consider yer ideas but thanks for caring

tell u what...how bout u do it to yer ghetto jalopy first, post pics so i can see, then i'll copy u so i can remain unoriginal
Old 07-22-2002, 01:12 PM
Team Owner

Chris,

What kind of deal did you swing on the flame-proof Asbestos underwear ???
I’m guessing you’ve been buying it by the GROSS lately.

Shawn S
Old 07-22-2002, 01:22 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Shawn S
Chris,

What kind of deal did you swing on the flame-proof Asbestos underwear ???
I’m guessing you’ve been buying it by the GROSS lately.

Shawn S
chastity belt in Spaceballs

$9.95 @ BJ's
Old 07-22-2002, 01:32 PM
Burning Brakes

THAT SHIT IS GAY!!!!
+THEY THROW YOUR WHEELS OFF BALENCE!:shakehd: :thumbsdn:
Old 07-22-2002, 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
those would be cool on a bicycle. not my taste on a car though.

but, i think i would put those tireflys and lighted exhaust tip on before i would install the factory moonroof deflector. that thing is no bueno.

rule of thumb for exterior mods - less is more.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:57 PM
The Creator

Originally posted by mattg
but, i think i would put those tireflys and lighted exhaust tip on before i would install the factory moonroof deflector. sorry to be an ass but that thing looks like shit.
Old 07-22-2002, 02:01 PM
Senior Moderator

i was trying to be a bit less abrasive, but i got

:o

...and i own page 3 of this great thread.
Old 07-22-2002, 02:08 PM
'Cooter

i was trying to be a bit less abrasive, but i got

nah, u were fine ...i don't care...tell u this tho...i'd keep my moonroof visor if i choose between it or some faggotty white ACL banner across my windshield
Old 07-22-2002, 02:30 PM
Old timer

I think this is where I delete one of my posts on the previous page so your post bumps back to page 2.
Old 07-22-2002, 02:36 PM
Team Owner

In Scooter’s defense, the sunroof visor is awesome from INSIDE the car.
It allows you to drive with the roof open in light rain or blinding sun without either getting into your eyes.
I had one on my 2001 and it’s sitting in my garage right now.
I’m not putting it on the “Blinger” because I’m not that crazy about the looks and it scratched the CRAP out of my roof on the Red CL.

I miss the benefit’s of the visor when driving, but for now it’s staying on the shelf.

Shawn S
Old 07-22-2002, 02:39 PM
Senior Moderator

all i can say is that scooter is a good sport, props for being teh scoot.

jrock, i'm not quite sure what you're talking about.
Old 07-22-2002, 02:44 PM
Racer

Now that everyone is finished sucking the each other's d!ck...can we just move on???
Old 07-22-2002, 02:53 PM
Racer

OO ooo o no...I'm so very afraid! Don't hurt me with your "tire flys!
Old 07-22-2002, 02:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Mercury
Now that everyone is finished sucking the each other's d!ck...can we just move on???

why don't you just go back to lurking, i think that suits you best.
The Creator

nah, u were fine ...i don't care...tell u this tho...i'd keep my moonroof visor if i choose between it or some faggotty white ACL banner across my windshield
your such a fool... you always bring that up... is that the best you can do?

that banner was on my car THE DAY OF PAA only. Didnt you see us putting it on?

It was for the show, and it worked since as you might have noticed.... in half the pictures from the event you could see that big ass ACURA-CL.COM representing. Have you seen it on my car in any of the pictures since? Noooo.

You have no brain. Work on that would ya...

Fucking punk.
Team Owner

Originally posted by Mercury
Mike,

How’s it going? Have you killed #5 yet ???

Shawn S