those with Navi will you buy it again?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004 | 03:14 PM
Drifting

Look at how mani non navi owners have gone through the hassle to add it on later, either with OEM or aftermarket...
Old 10-08-2004 | 03:22 PM
horny =

i had it totaled my car and now I dont have it
Old 10-08-2004 | 07:55 PM
Audio/Video/Alarm Expert

Hey can I do OEM navi conversion on my 03 CLP?

Anyone know how or where i can pick one up at a good price? Work in Canada?!
Old 10-08-2004 | 08:06 PM
Pimp Daddy Gold

Love the navi, a definite must on my future car. Don't use it often, but it definitely comes in handy.
Old 10-08-2004 | 08:22 PM
Blown is Best

Absolutely. I enjoy trips much more and can focus on the road and scenery rather than worry about the next turn. I'm also more apt to take side trips and detours.

If it's not an integrated unit, I would consider one of the high end portable units.
Old 10-09-2004 | 08:07 AM
9th Gear

I will not buy another car without Navi....This is my business car and I put 60k/year on it. Some of my business colleagues that have driven my car on business trips or rode in the car for a good length of time have remarked that they will insist on Navi for their next car....A repeat Mercedes owner remarked "I now have Acura Envy"!
I drove the car to Montreal Canada for a meeting and as soon as I hit the Canadian border the system shut down since Canada is not in the systems data bank. That is when you really appreciate the importance of the system. It was not fun driving in a good sized city like Montreal without the system and you wonder how you got along without it.
2003 CL-S 6-speed Navi.
Old 10-09-2004 | 09:22 AM
The Creator

I will never buy a vehicle without navi. It is my #1 priority in a vehicle above and beyond power, leather, etc.
Old 10-09-2004 | 12:42 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

I have an 02 TLS w/Navi and an 04 TL w/Navi. I would never buy another car without it!

But I must say, my 04 Navi is AMAZING. Comparing the screens from my 04 to my 02 is like comparing my cell phone screen to my TV screen! I also love how the 04 screen is flush with the dashboard. Its also quicker to recalculate and find destinations. And the voice activated controls....what can i say. You'd be missing out by not getting the navi on our cars.
Old 10-09-2004 | 12:50 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by sidemarker
ok sounds like people who commited to pay the big $$ has no regrets

Now if you dont have navi do you plan on getting one on your next car?

sidemarker
I was hoping to run across a 6 MT that had it (within color and mileage choices), but of course that isn't going to happen
Old 10-09-2004 | 01:08 PM
Drifting

Just a word to the wise...

If I have this correct, not all navi's are created equal. I may be wrong on this, and if so, I apologise in advance, but I thought there were some extreme useability issues regarding navi's in BMWs'. Can anybody confirm?

For those of you without navi, this thing does more than get you from point A to Point B. For instance, I go through Milwaukee a lot, on the bypass, and it is pretty easy to get yourself trapped in the extreme left or right lane, forcing you to go into Milwaukee proper, or bypass to Beloit, when the target is Appleton. Dayton is even worse. As you head North on I 75, the right lane is always a forced exit, and after each exit, that lane is eliminated. If your goal is long distance, you can't get over to the left fast enough. In either the Milwaukee or Dayton case, the navi knows where you want to go, and it is (i should say "she" is) advising you to "keep right, or keep left" a mile or two before you need to take an action. It has much more features than just "following the blue line."

Another feature I really like, I have to digress here, is that I have to entertain a lot, as in buying lunches and dinners, often not in my territory but in my clients'. I quite often ask "what kind of dinner would you like?" Say the answer comes back "Italian". Punching up the "menu" button, then "places", one of many choices is restaurants. You now get about 15 choices to pick from (i.e: Italian, French, Japanese, Chinese, yada, yada, yada...) After you select, your choices are given from closest to farthest, with an indication as to how far, and which way it is. This is only one example.

The same can be said, if you pick another function besides "places". If you follow the notion, you can use the navi to find museums, hospitals, retail shops, etc. This is quite a tool.

Brother Bob has an 04 MDX, and his navi screen, when reverse is selected, changes to a rear view camera. I wish I had that.

And if you enable it (this thing is quite programmable) it will show you where ATMs', restaurants and gas stations are. Very convienent. I agree with Adam. No navi: no purchase.
Old 10-09-2004 | 01:29 PM
Banned

no navi... i bought my car in sept of 03 and it was off the lot new without navi....

i would most likely get it in my next car...

sounds like fun..
Old 10-09-2004 | 01:29 PM
I NEED MONEY!

I cant go w/o mine
Old 10-09-2004 | 02:18 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

I had the CL-S with navi, now I have a TSX with navi. After having the CL I knew that I'd never go back to a car without one.
Before getting the TSX I test drove various cars...
G35's navi is shit. No touch screen, the position is weird, and navigating the thing is a PITA. Sure it has that birds eye view, but really, it's shit IMO.
The Mazda 3's navi map quality was better than the Infiniti, and the controls in the center console weren't hard to use. No touch screen.
I checked out the TL and its navi was great. I checked out the Accord coupe and its navi was the same as the TL, minus bluetooth.
Finally, I settled on the TSX and the navi is the same as in the Accord. The new navi on the new Hondas and Acuras is great. I love the changes they made. And trying to use the navi on the G35 and Mazda was frustrating because of the lack of touchscreen. The fact they don't let you do anything while you're moving is also a HUGE drawback, even if that can be worked around, it's still an inconvenience.
Old 10-09-2004 | 02:20 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Oh and between the time the CL was demolished and the time I got the TSX I drove around in a Saturn rental. I went back to using tripquest and yahoo for directions... BIG mistake. In addition to being a pain in the ass, a map and directions just doesn't compare with being in an unfamiliar place with the security of knowing exactly where you are and how to get back home at all times.
Old 10-09-2004 | 03:38 PM
Audio/Video/Alarm Expert

I WANT FACTORY NAVI! Can anyone hook it up?!