TEST FIT from prototype.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 04:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TEST FIT from prototype.

ok guys, especially Shawn, i am goin over to torrance tomorrow to get the fittings for the headers on our cars. Joe from Prototype seems like a very nice man and we both agreed how COMTECH is raping us and just copying the stock header design. In anycase i will be there first thing in the morning. Shawn thanx for giving me the opportunity to meet Joe. I hope this works out. i was thinking about spending money on wheels and springs but i really want some power in our cars. We are not goin to dyno the car, just fittings. ill let u guys what happens afterwards.

mongol man

p.s. ill message ya later Shawn (zaino addict)
Old 07-13-2002, 04:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Let us know how it goes, any word on headers for the 01?
Old 07-13-2002, 10:46 PM
Team Owner

Good luck with the test install tomorrow. I’m glad I could help hook you two guys up.
Take some pictures if Joe lets you.

Too bad they don’t plan on the Dyno tomorrow. I was really interested in seeing those results.

I DO have my doubts that they are going to fit after seeing what Comptech had to do to their design to clear the new engine mount design in the 6-Speed.

Shawn S
Old 07-14-2002, 03:03 AM
Registered Member

Just come from Prototype racing garage this morning with the AV6.com forum ppl. The schedule was to pick out a nearly stock Accord V6 and install the headers and dyno the car. Well, everything was suppose to start at 7:30 sharp...i left there around 12:00 and he didn't even install the headers to dyno the car. He was just talking the whole time. some ppl were still there after i left, so i don't konw if he did actually installed the headers on the AV6 or not. Kinda dissapointed...most of us left dissapointed becuase we all came for nothing.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:02 PM
Team Owner

So…...…Do they fit or am I ordering the Comptech ones tomorrow ???

Shawn S
Old 07-14-2002, 05:10 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shawn S
So…...…Do they fit or am I ordering the Comptech ones tomorrow ???

Shawn S
I'd just get the Comptechs, especially at the prices you've quoted. Maybe i'm skeptical but it sounds like these could be awhile. Who knows what they'll produce and for how much. Just my .02
Old 07-14-2002, 09:55 PM
Team Owner

Wow…..Must be a LOOOOOOOOONG install today.

Or.....they let him keep the Headers and he’s still out driving.

Shawn S
Old 07-14-2002, 10:27 PM
Intermediate

lol Shawn, i wish i could keep those headers since those headers look ready to seriously roll. If i were u guys with the 6-speed then i would order the comtechs. the headers he had were only ready for the auto trannies and our engine mount got in the way where comtech made the appropriate changes. Joe is a very nice man and extremely knowledgable about every aspect of cars. He supposedly got the patent for the headers so im guessing that the headers should be bought soon and hopefully assembled..........damn u Auto tranny guys. Damn i really liked his headers soo much more than the comtechs. I met some accord forums guys there, pretty cool dudes. Shawn thanx for hooking me up with the Joe. It looks like ill be spending my damn money on Comtechs. Anyhow, it looks like one of our 6-speeders put on his Comps headers and seems to be loving it. oh well. damn i still like those Prototype Headers.
Old 07-15-2002, 03:21 AM
Registered Member

He said the price will be around the same.. How much can you get the CT headers for Red Rider? Because the lowest i can find is 1000, and if i'm gonna spend 1000, i'm gonna make sure that i get the most bang for my buck, so i'm willing to wait for the dyno on the PR headers
Old 07-15-2002, 06:33 AM
Team Owner

Thanks crazymongol,

Too bad they don’t fit, but I was guessing that would happen after I saw the MOD that Comptech had to make to their design.
No pictures I guess ???

AcuraTLSFan,

Joe told me the price point for their headers was 1,000-dollars so right now I see no advantage over Comptech in the $$$$ department.
The best we could hope for is more PEAK horsepower or more power available lower in the RPM’s.
I would love to wait for the dyno on the Prototype headers, but time has slipped away for them getting my money.
By the time they get these damn things into production there will probably be MORE changes under the hood or there won’t even be a CL selling at all.
And now it looks like a MAJOR redesign is required for the manual Tranny version.

Looks like I’ll be giving Dean a call later today before that 999 deal goes away.

Shawn S