Sweet...smoked a Maxima last night

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001, 11:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet...smoked a Maxima last night

5 speed, new body style...what was he thinking?
Old 08-11-2001, 11:43 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Pull_T:
<STRONG>5 speed, new body style...what was he thinking?</STRONG>
He was thinking..."Holy Shit that great looking Acura is kicking my ass!!!"
Old 08-11-2001, 12:02 PM
Banned

Originally posted by WildWolf:
<STRONG>
He was thinking..."Holy Shit that great looking Acura is kicking my ass!!!"</STRONG>
Well, not exactly, I drive an old Ford...

Wouldn't even have bothered normally, but there has been quite the Maxima/CLS war around here lately and wanted to see what the Maxima could do...not much...

In my observation, the CLS is faster...though with the 5 speed there may be certain speeds where they could jump an auto from a roll
Old 08-11-2001, 01:29 PM
Instructor

<STRONG>

Wouldn't even have bothered normally, but there has been quite the Maxima/CLS war around here lately and wanted to see what the Maxima could do...not much...

In my observation, the CLS is faster...though with the 5 speed there may be certain speeds where they could jump an auto from a roll</STRONG>
Come on... A Mustang Cobra beating up on a wimpy Maxima. That's like taking candy from a baby.
Old 08-11-2001, 01:38 PM
MaxManiac

I seriously doubt that... You ran a automatic.

See you didn't even post details because you have no idea what would happen.
Old 08-11-2001, 01:39 PM
MaxManiac

Nevermind, I took back what I said in my last post. I didn't know you owned a SVT... nice cars btw.

<STRONG>

In my observation, the CLS is faster...though with the 5 speed there may be certain speeds where they could jump an auto from a roll</STRONG>
Old 08-11-2001, 01:40 PM
MaxManiac

Yep, just like taking candy from a baby when he creams a CL-S.

Originally posted by WildWolf:
<STRONG>

Come on... A Mustang Cobra beating up on a wimpy Maxima. That's like taking candy from a baby.</STRONG>
Old 08-11-2001, 02:50 PM
Racer

Originally posted by MaxManiac:
<STRONG>Yep, just like taking candy from a baby when he creams a CL-S.

</STRONG>
good comeback, i am sure wolfy is mad now with a 400hp vette in his garage
Old 08-11-2001, 03:06 PM
2nd Gear

Hey listen guy, your car is not that fast, the TL-S is faster than your 2-door CL-S and guess what???? I raced a TL-S twice on Thursday and we were even the first run from a stop to 120Km and the second run, from a stop again, I pulled about a half a car all the way up to 130 Km and I was slowly pulling away until he let go. You might be saying the TL-S guy didn't know how to run his car, you are wrong!!!!, I know this guy for years and he knows how to race Acura's, this is his second TL and to make a long story short he used to drive a TL before and I raced him with my 98 Maxima and guess who won??? you are right, me!!!
I think TL-S and CL-S are OK however Maximas are evenly matched and with a good 5 Speed driver you wouldn't have a chance.

2001 Maxima SE AE 5 Speed
Canadian Edition
Old 08-11-2001, 03:19 PM
Shaka

Great post! Great story!

Old 08-11-2001, 03:59 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Shaka:
<STRONG>Great post! Great story!

</STRONG>
Touche...I'll make sure to throw in plenty of BS next time to satiate you, Shaka...

And on another note, it was a manual, and I really wasn't posting a brag on beating it, so that's why I didn't give a lot of details. It's really not a "kill" for me.

FWIW, it was a 30 MPH roll after we left a light, and I gave him the advantage as I let him jump first. Ran him down when I hit 50-55 and shut it down at 60-65. Of course he did the "ricer flyby" after I backed off and he proceeded down the road at 80+. Ha, there is prolly a Cobra kill floating around on a Maxima Board right now...

- "Yeah I reeled him in about 65 MPH and just walked away from him" -

Just saying that having run against both the maixmas and CLSs now, the CLS sure seems quicker to me. There has been a bunch of CLS v Maxima talk here lately, so I thought I'd throw in my .02...
Old 08-11-2001, 04:24 PM
Racer

Originally posted by amsa:
<STRONG>Hey listen guy, your car is not that fast, the TL-S is faster than your 2-door CL-S and guess what???? I raced a TL-S twice on Thursday and we were even the first run from a stop to 120Km and the second run, from a stop again, I pulled about a half a car all the way up to 130 Km and I was slowly pulling away until he let go. You might be saying the TL-S guy didn't know how to run his car, you are wrong!!!!, I know this guy for years and he knows how to race Acura's, this is his second TL and to make a long story short he used to drive a TL before and I raced him with my 98 Maxima and guess who won??? you are right, me!!!
I think TL-S and CL-S are OK however Maximas are evenly matched and with a good 5 Speed driver you wouldn't have a chance.

2001 Maxima SE AE 5 Speed
Canadian Edition</STRONG>
still doesnt change the fact that cls is rated and is a faster car than any gen max, everyone cant be wrong, i beat 3 max's 2 were 5th gen all were 5 speed all with experienced drivers , so you or anyone other maxima owner on here can never convince me that a stock 5sp maxipad is faster. anyhow both these cars weren't meant for racing they were meant for cruising in style.
Old 08-11-2001, 05:09 PM
MaxManiac

Yawn, here we go again. Rated faster. It does not TAKE Much to lanch or drive a auto to 14.7 or whatever the best time they got in the magazines stock! A 5spd is a completely different story. I have beaten now 3 CL-S's, and none of them have yet to take me. I am willing to run more, you set it up, we can run. But it seems none of you "all talk" but not put up, will show interest. So again, like I said, I don't think either of them are faster than each other. They are 2 equal. Now when the auto max comes out for 2002, it will be right there with the Acura, but the 6spd, The Acura will be way behind.

Also again at MAXUS topic, every CL-S that was there got its ass handed to them by slower cars :P
Old 08-11-2001, 05:38 PM
Racer

<STRONG>Yawn, here we go again. Rated faster. It does not TAKE Much to lanch or drive a auto to 14.7 or whatever the best time they got in the magazines stock! A 5spd is a completely different story. I have beaten now 3 CL-S's, and none of them have yet to take me. I am willing to run more, you set it up, we can run. But it seems none of you "all talk" but not put up, will show interest. So again, like I said, I don't think either of them are faster than each other. They are 2 equal. Now when the auto max comes out for 2002, it will be right there with the Acura, but the 6spd, The Acura will be way behind.

Also again at MAXUS topic, every CL-S that was there got its ass handed to them by slower cars :P</STRONG>
just reading these posts makes me relize who really cares i really dont i just like to discuss things here, no one will ever admitt to there cars being slower or faster so whats the point. i am just happy i can have 2 nice cars, every car is diff i beat my friends 330ci 5 speed 4 times from every which way, maybe i have a strong car or maybe his car is slower than avg who knows. but like i said b4 any 5speed 5th gen wants to get down with me i will be more than welcome beat them , but they have to be from ny
Old 08-12-2001, 04:18 AM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
<STRONG>Yep, just like taking candy from a baby when he creams a CL-S.

</STRONG>

Atleast if he was racing a CL-S, the Acura driver would have had a better chance that the Maxima. HEHEHEHE!!

And once again, here you go saying that magazine times don't mean shit. Is that what you say about all cars that are faster and better than yours?
Old 08-12-2001, 04:58 PM
MaxManiac

They don't mean shit because they do not ABUSE there cars. If you lanch HARD and slip the clutch alot and do it just right, you will get a awesome time in a 5spd.
Old 08-12-2001, 07:14 PM
4th Gear

Actually, it's a fact that the magazines do abuse the cars given to them for the tests by the manufacturers. Secondly, it's a fact that we can't get better performance times than the the magazine drivers- they're professionals and you or any of us are not, period.
Old 08-12-2001, 08:18 PM
Unemployed BUM

<STRONG>They don't mean shit because they do not ABUSE there cars. If you lanch HARD and slip the clutch alot and do it just right, you will get a awesome time in a 5spd.</STRONG>
Perhaps you should work for the car magazines and properly educated them on drag racing?

[ 08-12-2001: Message edited by: friendlydacat ]
Old 08-12-2001, 09:11 PM
Honda Fanboy

<STRONG>They don't mean shit because they do not ABUSE there cars. If you lanch HARD and slip the clutch alot and do it just right, you will get a awesome time in a 5spd.</STRONG>

So since Motor Trend didn't abuse my car (S2000) when they got a 1/4 time of 13.8, does that mean I can get ATEALST a 13.5? And an even better driver than me get a low 13?
Old 08-12-2001, 09:15 PM
Honda Fanboy

And don't forget, just like you can get a better time in a Maxima, you can also get a better time in a TL-S. Cause you can just break torque it and kick the shit out of that 6.29 second 0-60 time. So still, no matter what you do, a stock 5sp Maxima will ALWAYS be slower than ANY Acura TypeS. Again, you should be comparing your cars to the base model TL's and CL's. After all, a base model TL has the same 0-60 as you. And just like the Maxima can get better than 6.7, SO CAN THE BASE TL!
Old 08-13-2001, 05:22 AM
1st Gear

So are you TL/CL assholes going to be able to beat the 255hp 6-speed maxima's? Let me answer that for you dumb asses, NO!!
All you Acura drivers can go fuck yourselfs because your cars are junk and SLOW!!
Old 08-13-2001, 05:37 AM
Unemployed BUM

Originally posted by maximas rule:
<STRONG>So are you TL/CL assholes going to be able to beat the 255hp 6-speed maxima's? Let me answer that for you dumb asses, NO!!
All you Acura drivers can go fuck yourselfs because your cars are junk and SLOW!!</STRONG>
OH, hello Shaka!
Old 08-13-2001, 06:02 AM
Honda Fanboy

<STRONG>So are you TL/CL assholes going to be able to beat the 255hp 6-speed maxima's? Let me answer that for you dumb asses, NO!!
All you Acura drivers can go fuck yourselfs because your cars are junk and SLOW!!</STRONG>
I'm sure they will be able to when they get their 6sp. Don't forget, Maxima's are a piece of shit, were the TypeS is superior to it!!
Old 08-13-2001, 06:07 AM
I love my CL-S

Maxima ?

s
u
c
k
s
Old 08-13-2001, 06:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-13-2001, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally posted by WtypeS:
<STRONG>Actually, it's a fact that the magazines do abuse the cars given to them for the tests by the manufacturers. Secondly, it's a fact that we can't get better performance times than the the magazine drivers- they're professionals and you or any of us are not, period.</STRONG>

???Who you mean we, Tonto???

YOU might not be able to get more performance than a magazine driver, but that doesn't mean others cannot.

I ran 13.7 bone stock in my car where the magazines' bests were 13.85-14.3, and I'm not even that great a driver.

These guys sometimes only have the cars a day at the track, so it's understandable that they might not have the feel of a car in that short time.
Old 08-13-2001, 03:24 PM
Banned

Well until YOU OWN A 6SPD MAXIMA...GO FUCK YOURSELF!! Goodbye...
Old 08-13-2001, 09:19 PM
5th Gear

ok...i don't really write on this thing but this topic is sooo dumb. i got a friend with a 5sp maxima (2000 se) and bottom line is that it's not as fast as the CLS. he knows how to drive, he ABUSES his car, launching it at high revs and laying rubber on his 1-2 shift (as difficult as that is with the maximas super long throw, imprecise joke of a shift lever). he's hit 15.22 with his car at the raceway and that's basically the best time i've ever witnessed for a stock max. on the other hand i click off 14.8s no problem...so bottom line its slower, not by much, and maybe rolling start he'll jump me, but who cares...its a maxima, there are a million other things u can compare between cars and the only thing where the max can get close to the cl is on this. why? because u shouldn't even be comparing the two, one is a 20 something k family sedan with sport flavoring while the other is a 30k luxo sport coupe. that in itself makes this comparison dumb but, since i'm a proud cls owner....i have to say, no stock max se will take any stock cls/tls, fact.
Old 08-14-2001, 01:21 AM
Suzuka Master

'nuff said

Originally posted by VitaMiN VtEc:
<STRONG>ok...i don't really write on this thing but this topic is sooo dumb. i got a friend with a 5sp maxima (2000 se) and bottom line is that it's not as fast as the CLS. he knows how to drive, he ABUSES his car, launching it at high revs and laying rubber on his 1-2 shift (as difficult as that is with the maximas super long throw, imprecise joke of a shift lever). he's hit 15.22 with his car at the raceway and that's basically the best time i've ever witnessed for a stock max. on the other hand i click off 14.8s no problem...so bottom line its slower, not by much, and maybe rolling start he'll jump me, but who cares...its a maxima, there are a million other things u can compare between cars and the only thing where the max can get close to the cl is on this. why? because u shouldn't even be comparing the two, one is a 20 something k family sedan with sport flavoring while the other is a 30k luxo sport coupe. that in itself makes this comparison dumb but, since i'm a proud cls owner....i have to say, no stock max se will take any stock cls/tls, fact.</STRONG>
Old 08-15-2001, 06:26 PM
6th Gear

Hmm... Okay how about this? What's the fastest 1/4 mile of a Stock CL-S with a slip to back it up? I'll ask the same question on the Maxima.org forum and we can end this. And from this day on any kills by the slower of the two will just prove driver skill. After all It's 30% Driver 30% Car and 40% Mods...
Old 08-15-2001, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SithMax:
<STRONG>Hmm... Okay how about this? What's the fastest 1/4 mile of a Stock CL-S with a slip to back it up? I'll ask the same question on the Maxima.org forum and we can end this. And from this day on any kills by the slower of the two will just prove driver skill. After all It's 30% Driver 30% Car and 40% Mods...</STRONG>
And 20% weather and 25% track conditions...

Tankmonkey ran a 14.8 against me in Houston in February...
Old 08-30-2001, 03:57 AM
Retired. Not available.

Originally posted by SithMax:
<STRONG>Hmm... Okay how about this? What's the fastest 1/4 mile of a Stock CL-S with a slip to back it up? I'll ask the same question on the Maxima.org forum and we can end this. And from this day on any kills by the slower of the two will just prove driver skill. After all It's 30% Driver 30% Car and 40% Mods...</STRONG>
Well, not the fastest. Just post to open Max owners' eyes. Car is stock, fully stock (except for a no name Accord-short ramp-converted CAI).

Old 08-30-2001, 11:37 AM
6 speed...

Originally posted by SilverKnight:
<STRONG>

Well, not the fastest. Just post to open Max owners' eyes. Car is stock, fully stock (except for a no name Accord-short ramp-converted CAI).
</STRONG>
great runs (especially houston in june!).

my runs from january

no mods.

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: tankmonkey ]
Old 08-30-2001, 12:54 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Guys, this is all fun, sort of.

This sounds like the old days. Chevy verses Ford.

I don't mean to rain on anyones parade, but things change. One year one is going to be faster than the other. But right now Acura is on top. Period. Until we see what the new 255HP 6 Speed does anyway. Then in a year or two Acura will have something faster and be back on top. It's the performance wars all over again guys. You gotta love it, I do!

In the meantime I'm batting 1000 verses Maximas, and I'm bone stock. Until the 255HP 6 Speed comes out I doubt that there is a stock Maxima out there that can take me. That's because I got a fast one. :p

RUF
Old 09-04-2001, 12:13 AM
It's Go-Time.

<STRONG>lanch :P</STRONG>
Geezuss...will u freakin' get a dictionary and spell "launch" correctly...you've done that on both your damn posts. If u be dissin'...at least do it with some intelligence.
Old 09-04-2001, 12:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
snicker...snicker....o my....bahahahwwwaaa!!

sorry, couldn't hold it in any longer