Suspension Upgrade Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Suspension Upgrade Ideas

Looking to replace my TEIN coilover set up soon. I am pretty set on the Eibach Pro System Plus from xlr8 Performance. Here is the link

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...0/i-54339.aspx

I am also thinking of replacing my front upper control arms, bushings, and upper ball joints. I will probably replace the strut bushing in the front knuckles and add new swaybar end links all around.

Is there anything else you guys can think of replacing/upgrading? Such as rear bushings/rods, front and/or rear camber/caster/toe adjustment kits, etc.? I have already have new tie rod ends and lower front lower ball joints.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally Posted by mvitale27
Looking to replace my TEIN coilover set up soon. I am pretty set on the Eibach Pro System Plus from xlr8 Performance. Here is the link

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...0/i-54339.aspx

I am also thinking of replacing my front upper control arms, bushings, and upper ball joints. I will probably replace the strut bushing in the front knuckles and add new swaybar end links all around.

Is there anything else you guys can think of replacing/upgrading? Such as rear bushings/rods, front and/or rear camber/caster/toe adjustment kits, etc.? I have already have new tie rod ends and lower front lower ball joints.

How much are you looking to spend?

I was gonna say upgrade sway bars and sway bushings, but that kit already includes that. You could go for the progressive rear sway instead since it is adjustable(2 settings).

For camber adjustment I would get the ingalls control arms for the front and the rear get ingalls also.

For caster the manual suggests either adding or removing spacers to the radius rods. I believe it comes with 3 degrees from the factory. You can upgrade the radius rod bushings to poly bushings. I would buy the ones made by energy suspension for the 98-02 accord.

I would upgrade the end links.

Check all the bushings for play and replace if needed. Check boots and replace if needed also.

Might want to replace the front lower control arms.

Front strut bar could help. Either stock + neuspeed or comptech.

Some other stuff I have done to my car include cusco front lower tie bar, UR 4-point mid-brace, rear tie bar, harness(b-pillar)bar, and c-pillar bar.

I am also working on using poly and spherical bushings in the front lca's, a rear strut bar, and eventually a roll bar/cage.

Last edited by brian6speed; 05-12-2013 at 08:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mvitale27 (05-12-2013)
Old 05-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the info. The ingalls upper control arms include the bushings and upper ball joint, correct? I have seen some front and rear alignment kits from xlr8 perfromance. Are they any good?

I will inspect and replace and other bushings most likely with polys.

Where can I get all 4 upper strut mounts?

And lastly, what do you recommend for upgraded sway links?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:35 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed these on my acura cl. I loved them, the only think you might have roll or cut your fenders. I had to cut mine. You can also get these cheaper on autoplicity.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Advanced

suspension

are the tein coilovers shot or you just want to replace them. newb here at the forum and just bought an 03 CLS
want to do suspension first.

if they are still good , looking to sell them?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Send us an email to sales@excelerateperformance.com or give us a call at 203-483-6100 and we can walk you through what's recommended. We can also put together a package price for you on the suspension.
The following users liked this post:
mvitale27 (05-13-2013)
Old 05-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally Posted by mvitale27
Thanks for the info. The ingalls upper control arms include the bushings and upper ball joint, correct? I have seen some front and rear alignment kits from xlr8 perfromance. Are they any good?

I will inspect and replace and other bushings most likely with polys.

Where can I get all 4 upper strut mounts?

And lastly, what do you recommend for upgraded sway links?
Yes the bushings and ball joint are part of the control arms. Ingalls is the way to go for alignment kits for our car. Get the front control arms and the rear links.

You can buy upper strut mounts from acura/honda parts store. I run coilovers with everything in one package.

Most people go with the moog end links. They are not sealed tho and the boots wear down prematurely.

The best bet is adjustable spherical end links. You can source your own parts to make them yourself to save money like this.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-Sway-Endlinks

For the rear I bought these fastline performance adjustable ones but they cost a whopping $180.
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/fastline-...roductid=63060
The following 2 users liked this post by brian6speed:
mvitale27 (05-13-2013), ProfessorFunk (05-19-2022)
Old 05-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for all the info guys. I will be getting started on this project in a few weeks. I will take some before and after photos.

Once I buy my new parts, I will be willing to sell my TEIN coilovers.