Strange ass noises

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 05:01 AM
Got a Job!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange ass noises

So I've now had the CT sways on the car for about 3 weeks and everything has been great. These things really do help the car handle a shit load better. But anyhow, the past 2-3 days, I've noticed something as I leave my house and go over those annoying speed bumps, or even going in a little bit of a dip. After the 2 front tires go over the speed bump and I start going over the bump with the back 2, I hear rubbing in the rear . It sounds almost like rubber, or some shit. It doesn't sound like metal, or maybe I'm a dumbfuck and I don't know what metal/metal sounds like. It does this when I go quite slowly over the bumps, and it's very annoying. I even rolled down my windows to see if I could hear it from outside and I could hear it very clearly. Can somebody clue me in on what the hell is going on? Is it the sways? Is it something else? Is it normal?!?

Next on the list: Sound in the engine bay.

I've had this for quite a while now. Times of occurence: very soft throttle @ low speeds, idle, with or w/out A/C on.

This shit is loud to the point that you can hear it outside the car if you were standing next to the car, or even inside the car with or w/out the windows up. It sounds to be like a mechanical type sound, if that makes any sense? I popped the hood, and its on the left side of the engine, coming around the area where the pulley is next to the '3.2 VTEC' shit. This is so frustrating because I have no idea how to describe the sound. If you could help that would be great, thanks!

`John
Old 07-14-2004, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
You might want to try checking or rather re-tightening the sway bars. Also check the clearance of the sway bars and anything metal or plastic. Or maybe you need to lubricate the inserts (could be rubber or polyurethane) on the mounts for the sway bar.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
I had the same problem a month after I installed all my suspension parts. Narrowed it down to the sways: lube the bushings and retighten the endlinks. You should be good
Old 07-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Got a Job!

thanks brotha!

I'm gonna have to go down to silverbulit's pad and have him chek it out...he installed em for me. Thanks for looking out
Old 07-14-2004, 11:16 PM
Beware of leakage

Could shocks possibly be making the noise in the back ?
Most likely the sways, but just another option.

You've got to try to do better with the motor sound.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:03 AM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
use white lithium grease, it works the best
Old 07-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Audi S4 driver

Very common problem from what I've read, I was even told by Tom at Park Ave Acura that its a common problem. He swore they would all do it in time, however they have not done it yet for me in 7 months. However, I've never had it.

The bushing for the rear swaybar will sqeak\creak if inadequately greased. You can fix this pretty quickly. I'm doing this from memory, so bear with me...

Get under the back of the car. You should see the two rear sway mounts\bushings. Unbolt the mounts from the frame. Take the hard plastic bushings out from the mounts. Wrap the hell out of the swaybar with teflon tape, at the points where it contacts the bushing. Then grease the hell out of it. I did this and have not had any noises in 7 months .. then reinstall. You should not even have to jack up the car, unless you dont have enough room to work. I'd recommend the car being cold so you dont burn yourself on the exhaust

As far as the motor sound, are you referring to the EVAP sensor? Is it a ticking noise? Pop the hood with the car running and listen by the firewall on the drivers side, you'll hear a ticking coming from a little black canister looking thing. This is normal and little can be done about it.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Got a Job!

can anybody host a video for me of the engine sound??