stop f-in crying!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001 | 03:56 PM
Burning Brakes

stop f-in crying!!!!!!!

we own the best car in the usa based on luxury, performance, reliability and dealer service.
its time to stop whining like little babies, our cars are generally great.

SO,

S T F U

shut the f up:

D :

mad:

who agrees, sign on now!!!
Old 11-26-2001 | 03:59 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

i'm right here in line.
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:15 PM
Senior Moderator

I love my car, havn't met anyone who's seen it or ridden in it that doesn't feel the same. I feel like you would have to spend another 10k on a different car to get one that compares. Some people like to bitch, but there are some cars out there w/real problems. Being on line seems to blow everything out of proportion though, being linked up w/ so many other cl owners your bound to hear about some shit. In reality we are all a bunch of lucky people. If you don't buy into that you need to step back and look at the whole picture. People should post more things they love about their car
How about this, If you love your car put it in your sig. If not, sell it and get the hell off this site.
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:17 PM
The Creator

hehe, i agree.

we got what we paid for.

minus a shitty tranny... our cars do more then you can get out of any other car for 30k and under.

im damn happy with what i got for 30,800.
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:17 PM
Drifting

Why dont you tell yourself to STFU!!! If I want to complain about the faults my car has I can do so whenever I WANT. I dont care if our cars are best in the class, or the worst in the class. If there is a problem with the car I want to vent about it. Maybe you can live with certain defects, but you know what..the damn rattling noise that the sunroof makes that never goes away is getting annoying (been to the dealer 3 times!!!). The fact that other cars have better paint quality then our cars, should tell you that somebody went cheap on us. These are things that really hurt the car. When you try and trade in your car, and your paint has rust spots and bubbles on it, and you lose out on a decent trade-in value, you better not be crying to us. Crying whining, or bitching I have the right to voice my opinion on this forum.
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:20 PM
Banned

The only complaint is the tranny...but it got replaced for free...I still love my car..there are a few gripes...and for those that have had problem after problem...I understand....
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by spiroh
Why dont you tell yourself to STFU!!! If I want to complain about the faults my car has I can do so whenever I WANT. I dont care if our cars are best in the class, or the worst in the class. If there is a problem with the car I want to vent about it. Maybe you can live with certain defects, but you know what..the damn rattling noise that the sunroof makes that never goes away is getting annoying (been to the dealer 3 times!!!). The fact that other cars have better paint quality then our cars, should tell you that somebody went cheap on us. These are things that really hurt the car. When you try and trade in your car, and your paint has rust spots and bubbles on it, and you lose out on a decent trade-in value, you better not be crying to us. Crying whining, or bitching I have the right to voice my opinion on this forum.
this is the shit i am growing tired of, stay on your own thread, i just want to accentuate the positive.
this is the love channel
peace bro
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:25 PM
Drifting

If this is the LOVE thread, then maybe you shouldnt be bitching about us "complainers" in this thread. The way you posted the topic, and what you wrote gets us complainers attentions.
Then maybe we will stay on our own thread.

Originally posted by BSK181

this is the shit i am growing tired of, stay on your own thread, i just want to accentuate the positive.
this is the love channel
peace bro
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:27 PM
Instructor

man this car must have the most backers of anything.. you people must not complain about anything.. what do you think will happen if no one complains? nothing.. honda will not know there are problems and life will go on.. hell despite my many letters and phone calls to honda they still haven't fixed the issues of the 01 model. ie seat belt, dumb shit tranny. to me the cl-s is just a car, it is not my liver nor my heart. honda does not love me and i wont be getting a honda 'we love you' check in the mail if i stick up for them. so basically this whole brand/car loyalty thing is stupid imo. all companies are in business to make money not cars. i guess complaining wont do any good, but voting with your wallets will..
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:30 PM
foolio at heart

Originally posted by nt5k
man this car must have the most backers of anything.. you people must not complain about anything.. what do you think will happen if no one complains? nothing.. honda will not know there are problems and life will go on.. hell despite my many letters and phone calls to honda they still haven't fixed the issues of the 01 model. ie seat belt, dumb shit tranny. to me the cl-s is just a car, it is not my liver nor my heart. honda does not love me and i wont be getting a honda 'we love you' check in the mail if i stick up for them. so basically this whole brand/car loyalty thing is stupid imo. all companies are in business to make money not cars. i guess complaining wont do any good, but voting with your wallets will..
well said. i totally agree with you.
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:38 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

These kids need to "GROW UP" and "SHUT UP"........
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:56 PM
Drifting

Yeah maybe we should

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=52749

I'm sure its not fun checking the actuator daily :P

Originally posted by Fabvsix
Old 11-26-2001 | 05:49 PM
Race Director

You tell someone that you are getting the best car for your money. You tell your BMW friend that he had to pay $10k extra just to get what you got (for $10k less). Why did your car cost $10k less? Was it because the paint is worse? Was it because the rattles and the fit and finish are not as nice? Was it because the tranny was less durable?

You certainly didn't take this all into consideration when you bought the car. You just saw $30k and a new car and you said "Wow" and you assumed that you have the quality of a $40k car for $10k less. Looked pretty good, eh?

If someone tried to sell you a $100k Mercedes for $60k new, what would you think? That you were getting a helluva deal?

So what is my point?

I don't have one....had to just say it.
Old 11-26-2001 | 05:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Fabvsix
We can discuss this like the mature and enlightened adults that we are. Isn't that right Mr. Stinkyhead-poopy pants!
Can't I sob just a little? See below.
Old 11-26-2001 | 06:30 PM
Instructor

Come on guys, you guys bought the cls cause u saw the price $28k, wow, and it comes with all the features and the luxury name plate. For $28k, we got what we paid for, yes our cars have problems, but so does every other car. If you wanted a better car, then pay the extra money, spend an extra $10k to get a 330 and be happy, or so u think. Theres no other "luxury" car out there that you can get for $28k and have everything the cls have. Plus complaining about it wont get u anywhere, y dont u just use the time you put in complaining and make some money during that time, then you can afford the 330 and be happy. But you know what, once u get a 330 like my gf did, u'll be complaining about how its not as nice and how bad it is compared to a mercedes CLK55, then once u get a CLK55, u'll be complaining about how its not as nice and how bad it is compared to a SL600 or porsche 911 turbo, etc. Get the point?? I personally know people that have CLK55s, S/SL600s, 740s and they all complain about their car, even my uncle complains about his ferrari. No matter what you get, theres always somethign better that u'll compare it to. Try getting a mercedes and have ur bulbs go out within a month, or your side mirrors wont pop out after they went in.(THat feature I like, the side mirrors close and opens in a flick of a button) Or try getting a 740 and have ur seat automaticly goes forward while ur driving. We got what we paid for, so just deal with it.
Old 11-26-2001 | 06:48 PM
Instructor

BTW, did you guys notice that the CLS is cheaper than a TRD camry and solara?? A trd camry goes for $29k, TRD solara $33k. Basically the CLS is cheaper than a toyota.
Old 11-26-2001 | 07:12 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by yayaya143
Come on guys, you guys bought the cls cause u saw the price $28k, wow, and it comes with all the features and the luxury name plate. For $28k, we got what we paid for, yes our cars have problems, but so does every other car. If you wanted a better car, then pay the extra money, spend an extra $10k to get a 330 and be happy, or so u think. Theres no other "luxury" car out there that you can get for $28k and have everything the cls have. Plus complaining about it wont get u anywhere, y dont u just use the time you put in complaining and make some money during that time, then you can afford the 330 and be happy. But you know what, once u get a 330 like my gf did, u'll be complaining about how its not as nice and how bad it is compared to a mercedes CLK55, then once u get a CLK55, u'll be complaining about how its not as nice and how bad it is compared to a SL600 or porsche 911 turbo, etc. Get the point?? I personally know people that have CLK55s, S/SL600s, 740s and they all complain about their car, even my uncle complains about his ferrari. No matter what you get, theres always somethign better that u'll compare it to. Try getting a mercedes and have ur bulbs go out within a month, or your side mirrors wont pop out after they went in.(THat feature I like, the side mirrors close and opens in a flick of a button) Or try getting a 740 and have ur seat automaticly goes forward while ur driving. We got what we paid for, so just deal with it.
I believe you. Funny thing happened a few weeks ago. The girl who works for me drives a 2001 C320 and she called me one morning and said she would be late coming in to work. Why? Mercedes wouldn't start. Had to be towed in.
Old 11-26-2001 | 08:11 PM
Team Owner

I love my CL.

I will love it even more when I can buy one with THREE pedals on the floor.
And NO, the E-Brake doesn’t count.

Nearly 20K on the clock and ZERO problems.

Shawn S
Old 11-26-2001 | 08:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

I've had just about every problem I know of.... and I still love the car. But I think we all need to vent every now and then.

Ya can bet that i'll post when my tranny blows again....
Old 11-26-2001 | 08:45 PM
6 speed...

Originally posted by spiroh
I'm sure its not fun checking the actuator daily
actually, I check the actuator every chance I get. vtec, too.

unfortunately, I also check the rev limiter in 2nd a little too often. :P
Old 11-26-2001 | 09:43 PM
Mr. Lover-Lover

HAHAHA.

Finally....someone here feels the way i do....THis car is great...stop bitchin'.
Old 11-26-2001 | 10:10 PM
magnet

the cl is an awesome car i loved it even though now i am in a bmw
Old 11-26-2001 | 10:18 PM
STi

I loved my CL-S owned it for 1 year and 3 months(11,855mi) and no problem whatsoever....
Old 11-26-2001 | 10:55 PM
'Cooter

i think we're all perfectionists

believe me, i get pissed as hell when my car has a fingerprint on it after Zaino'ing

nothing wrong with wanting the car to b better than when we first got it, but there are limitations to everything, even our cars, even BMW's and Lexus's...u all know this already, but perhaps it's b/c it hits closer to home when it happens to u...i've come to accept the limits of my baby...but im not saying your arguments are not valid, b/c u have every right to express how u feel...can u imagine how people who own Porsche's or Ferrari's feel when something goes wrong with their babies?? for the most part, problems with rattles and road lamps are fixable, which is nice considering we paid what we did for the car...my 2 cents
Old 11-26-2001 | 11:32 PM
Goldmember

High expectations

Perhaps some of us have too high an expectation but by bitching, it does do good by making Acura guys who I'm sure are keeping tabs on this site know what we like and don't like. We are the voice of the CL owners, so speak loud and proud. And I agree with you, speak loud and not whiny and bitchy.
Old 11-26-2001 | 11:47 PM
I love my CL-S

THE CL-S IS A GOOD CAR...NOT GREAT..BUT GOOD

seriously...my car is all fine..only little rattles...but i can live with that..and that's what your stereo for too.turn it on and enjoy the car....some people should stop litening to the rattles instead of driving carefully ...IMO..the tranny complains is way too much recently...I see ppl complain about their tranny everyday..im kinda tired of it...all i can say is good luck to ppl whose tranny fucked up
Old 11-26-2001 | 11:59 PM
BigPimpShyne

its true, Acura is one of the best...As far as the rattles and shit goes, that shit gotta go...Shyne
Old 11-27-2001 | 04:42 AM
6th Gear

Hello all,
I just got My 2001 CL S a month ago. I picked it up at the dealer as a leftover for 28,500 - 30300 out the door, which to me is incredibly fair for a car of this high standard.
While I don't have one single complaint so far, if the day comes when I do, I don't want to be called a whiner. Remember - people who "whine", are usually the type of people who keep manufacturers honest and accountable for the products they sell -Acura included.
This forum is great, and I have already learned so much in a very short time. I'm glad that we have a diverse group people posting all kinds of thoughts on their Acuras. Keep it up!