Srs Problem Again

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Srs Problem Again

so just got my srs sensor replaced again for the third or fouth time at PAA last week as posted in a thread this week. Last night it came on again. PAA said it was my battery so I told them to replace it since i didnt want to be hassled. Now im pissed I bought a new battery from them which i should of installed and bought myself.....(should of bought a gel battery for all my stereo crap) :WTF: is anyone else having this problem as badly as I am? I bought the car in sept 03 and the srs has come on 4x already this is getting out of control and im over my warranty
Old 07-24-2004, 12:54 PM
I need FI

I have the same problem. I'm bringing it in monday for the 3rd time actually. It's strange that you're having the problem too. I guess it's one of the major recalls they must have. I wasn't told about the battery though. But you better believe when I tell you that I will make them pay for the battery if that is the case.

Do you have extended warranty. I think I heard that almost all srs problems are covered by oem and extended warranty.

Good luck
Old 07-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Bleed Honda Blue

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you have electronic device on the seat or near the passenger seat back?, Like cell phone, tv screen, and etc? That could cause a false 15-3 code.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Banned

I do have a screen in the headrest of the passenger side if that would make this false code, so if it is a false code will my airbags still work?
Old 07-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by berny
I have the same problem. I'm bringing it in monday for the 3rd time actually. It's strange that you're having the problem too. I guess it's one of the major recalls they must have. I wasn't told about the battery though. But you better believe when I tell you that I will make them pay for the battery if that is the case.

Do you have extended warranty. I think I heard that almost all srs problems are covered by oem and extended warranty.

Good luck

no extended warranty here
Old 07-24-2004, 07:13 PM
"hey...wanna f^&k"

i have been having this problem for a long time too. im really tired of going to the dealer. i also have the headrest screens.

this srs sensor is crap.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Bleed Honda Blue

Originally Posted by Linner
I do have a screen in the headrest of the passenger side if that would make this false code, so if it is a false code will my airbags still work?
Nope, I think once the SRS light is on your air bags would not work. Hey it is very nice of your dealer to replace your seat sensor 3 times. If you take your car into my dealer we will ask you to remove the TV before we will diagnose your car. Those sensor are not crap they are just design that way. I think those wires going into your screen are giving out magnetic fields which cause that sensor/unit to malfunction. Acura people whom design that seat never thought customer will ever install a TV screen in the headrest.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:11 AM
"hey...wanna f^&k"

Originally Posted by sgmotoring
Nope, I think once the SRS light is on your air bags would not work. Hey it is very nice of your dealer to replace your seat sensor 3 times. If you take your car into my dealer we will ask you to remove the TV before we will diagnose your car. Those sensor are not crap they are just design that way. I think those wires going into your screen are giving out magnetic fields which cause that sensor/unit to malfunction. Acura people whom design that seat never thought customer will ever install a TV screen in the headrest.
the last time my sensor came on was when i plugd in my phone charger into the center console compartment and made a phone call, immediqatly noticed the srs light on again. this was during the week after getting it reset, and i ahd not even turned on my system or tvs all of that week, i was driving around in mute waiting for the light to come on....

so it was triggered by my phone.

my dealer told me that the airbags would still work with the light on???? i dont know, i didnt design the mechanics....

???
Old 07-25-2004, 01:16 AM
Bleed Honda Blue

Originally Posted by RR32CLS
i dont know, i didnt design the mechanics....

???
It is not the mechanic, humm... maybe the misdiagnoses part. I know sometimes if cell phone is plug in for charging and is left on the passenger seat, it will trigger the code.
I am pretty sure that when SRS light is on, the SRS unit is on fail safe mode and your air bag will not work. If your side air bag light is on then only your passenger side air bag will not work.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:18 AM
"hey...wanna f^&k"

mechanics was lack of a better word...

but i know for a fact that the last time it was triggered by my phone...
Old 07-25-2004, 08:48 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Linner
so just got my srs sensor replaced again for the third or fouth time at PAA last week as posted in a thread this week. Last night it came on again. PAA said it was my battery so I told them to replace it since i didnt want to be hassled. Now im pissed I bought a new battery from them which i should of installed and bought myself.....(should of bought a gel battery for all my stereo crap) :WTF: is anyone else having this problem as badly as I am? I bought the car in sept 03 and the srs has come on 4x already this is getting out of control and im over my warranty
If they fix or replace a part under warranty, you get another 12/12000 warranty on the part even if you're past the original 50,000 mile warranty when it fails again. If over the new warranty period, ask for a goodwill fix since you'ver had an ongoing problem.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Bleed Honda Blue

Originally Posted by louisn
If they fix or replace a part under warranty, you get another 12/12000 warranty on the part even if you're past the original 50,000 mile warranty when it fails again. If over the new warranty period, ask for a goodwill fix since you'ver had an ongoing problem.
technically they can say no because of the mod.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sgmotoring
technically they can say no because of the mod.

Even if the problem started before the mod? Thank guys for the info
Old 07-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro

Acura must prove that one of your mods caused the specific problem with your srs sensor. They can't just generalize. Mention the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act and the Federal Trade Commission if you have a problem. If you do a google search on that Act you will be an expert.