somebody help me out fast!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
somebody help me out fast!

ok so i stop at a red light and i am on steep hill going down, all of a sudden my car starts to shake like its ready to explode. i quickly put the car into park and shut it down. i waited a few seconds started the car and its still shaking like crazy. i notice the tach needle was reading about 100 rpm the entire time. so i put it into d5 and still shaking finally the light turns green and i give it some gas and the car feels like it is about to stall. the engine sounded weired too because i could noramaly here my exaust but it sounded like the stock but with no power. but once i get the car up to 40mph the car dosent shake anyomre but i could feel that the when i gave it gas it was different. this kept happening at each light, when i got a chance to pull over to a safe place the car suddenly stopped shaking. i turned off the car poped the hood and checked to see if anything looked out of the oridanry but everything was fine

i started the car again and now it runs smooth

WTF is wrong with the car

also in the middle of all this my check engine light came on and then right before i got to pull over it was blinking. but when i started the car no more check engine light

could this be

a) transmission
b) faulty coil packs
c) bad egr valve
d) something else???

please help me out, that was some scary shit

i want to take it to the dealer but its too late right now!!!!

sidemarker
Old 07-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Its not to late to take it to the dealer call that 1800 TLC number and they will come to your house within an hour and tow it to the dealership, so it will be there for 2morrow, but then u gotta find a ride to the dealership to get there
Old 07-05-2004, 04:59 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
whatever the code was, it sounds like it was stored in the memory so they can retreive it. don't thing the tranny would make it run like sh-t. could be coil pack. i dunno many probs with these cars but it sounds like some damn sensor or ignition problem
Old 07-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Sweet as Gold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like misfires, maybe bad spot in gas, not really the trans. Could even be the Uni-chip
Old 07-05-2004, 05:40 PM
1999 CL3.0

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sounds like ur alternator might be goin out
Old 07-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Ant7701
sounds like misfires, maybe bad spot in gas, not really the trans. Could even be the Uni-chip
If you have the Unichip it could very well be this or because the ECU is trying to relearn. After I put my Unichip in, the car acted pretty funny at idle with revs jumping up and down. After a few days though everything went back to normal.

You can try running through the re-learn idle procedure in your manual and see if this fixes the problem.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Sweet as Gold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think he has the uni-chip... I was joking around
Old 07-05-2004, 07:29 PM
foe
Racer

No Idea man, but good luck
Old 07-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Suzuka Master

well the car runs fine right now

i dont have the unichip so its out of the question

this probably my engine misfiring but what could be causing it? coilpack? egr valve?

sidemarker
Old 07-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Beware of leakage

Did it only happen on the steep hill, or did it continue after you leveled out ?
Get gas at a different place or anything ?
Old 07-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Chopper
Did it only happen on the steep hill, or did it continue after you leveled out ?
Get gas at a different place or anything ?
i was stopped going down hill at about a 25-30 degree angle. the car kept shaking like it was about to stall

didnt changed the gas and i had half a tank left

sidemarker
Old 07-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Beware of leakage

, very odd though. Take it in tomorrow and tell them to scan for stored codes, also report any other abnormal activity. good luck bro
Old 07-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Chopper
, very odd though. Take it in tomorrow and tell them to scan for stored codes, also report any other abnormal activity. good luck bro
this is the second most scariest incident that i have had with my cl-s

the first one was with the tranny when it decided to downshift to 2 when i was going 55 mph (not pleasant at all)

but today it felt like either my header broke or a belt came loose or the motor was about to drop on the ground

and when i was on the gas i was scaried that i was fu ckin up my car

Ill tell yall this

anyone knows anyone that owns a car dealership

tell them to open one up in San Antonio

gunn acura service department can not handle all these acura customers!!!

freakin austin which is half the size of san antonio already has 2 acura dealerships and san antonio has way more acura drivers too

sidemarker
Old 07-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by sidemarker
this is the second most scariest incident that i have had with my cl-s

the first one was with the tranny when it decided to downshift to 2 when i was going 55 mph (not pleasant at all)

but today it felt like either my header broke or a belt came loose or the motor was about to drop on the ground

and when i was on the gas i was scaried that i was fu ckin up my car

Ill tell yall this

anyone knows anyone that owns a car dealership

tell them to open one up in San Antonio

gunn acura service department can not handle all these acura customers!!!

freakin austin which is half the size of san antonio already has 2 acura dealerships and san antonio has way more acura drivers too

sidemarker
well when everything cools down (of course this is a joke for us southerners), go shake some things, and push on some belts.

Damn I was in SA about two months ago, would've been awesome to check out your ride.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Instructor

i'm guessing its electrical in nature. could be ignition or could be fuel delivery. if its running fine at 40 MPH (whatever engine RPM that is) and up its getting proper fuel, air, and spark under those conditions. if its not running properly at less than this RPM something is very wrong. no spark at low RPMs will give the rough idle condition (misfire) that it sounds like you're getting. at higher RPMs the cylinders ignite w/ very low spark due to the residual heat from the combustion chamber itself. so this seems the most likely. one cylinder misfiring at low RPMs will make the car shake. i don't think it would be violent. since each cylinder has its own coil pack i would think you'd need to lose more than one pack to feel the car shake violently. this may not be the problem either, but it may be related.

if the engine computer isn't timing the spark at the coil packs properly this would probably make it shake quite a bit. i would be surprised if this would rectify itself at any RPM though. it could be a simple engine sensor failure which is confusing the computer. throttle position sensor comes to mind first. but it could be MAF, temp, crank position, etc. if you got an engine code take it to the acrua shop and have them read out the codes. its the simplest way to diagnose it.

it could also be fuel pump, sticking throttle body butterfly plate, clogged throttle body, etc. the best place to start is w/ the acura service bay. especially if its under warranty.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Resident Pimp

fuel pump.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Suzuka Master

motor mount.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Smitty
motor mount.

i dont know why but this was going through my head when i was stopped in the interesction

it flelt like the motor was going to drop to the ground and that all my exhaust piping was bolted off...

but what are the symptoms of a damgaged or broken motor mount?

well i thought about taking it in but the car drives fine now and i dont feel like waiting all day at the dealership for this.

i just hit the 53000 mile mark but i do have the TLC/7yrs/100000mile extended warranty so im not too worried about it.

ill probably make an appointment for next week though...

sidemarker
Old 07-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by sidemarker
but what are the symptoms of a damgaged or broken motor mount?
The front of your car will feel like it is hopping up and down when you accelerate. If you try to accelerate hard, your front tires will have no traction. Bad motormout AKA "wheel hop." Those two plus some abnormal sounds. Check under your car and see if there is any visible damage or cracks.