Some of you might remember this problem I had...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 10:14 PM
"BON-AHHH-KIN-BALLS"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you might remember this problem I had...

I posted this a while back and no one was able to help. I left my car with my local Acura dealership 5 times before they were able to figure out the problem!!!!!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PimpinCL-Style wrote on 12-08-2002 10:37 AM:
Can anyone help?
Im curious if any of you had the same problem I am having. Here is the deal... I start my car one day and the gauge cluster goes crazy blinking (VSA light on, D5 blinking, most other warning lights on, and a chime is sounding). I then shut it off for a few minutes and when I turned it back on it ran fine, but the check engine light and the SRS light were on.

Brought it to the dealer.... they replaced a tranny sensor and the seat belt buckles (or sensors in them). Was fine for three days.

Three days later... same shit happens. Brought it back to dealer and they tell me they forgot to reset the computer. Was fine for three days.

Three days later... same shit happens. Its still under warranty so I will bring it back to them as much as I have to. I just cant stand seeing those lights illuminated. Other than that it runs fine.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be the problem?
Tranny?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it was "Murphy's Law." Everytime I brought my car in this problem I was having wouldnt occur when the dealer had my car. They drove the car for 5 days at a time... for a total of 5 times before they figured it out.

After the 3rd time they couldnt figure it out they tried blaming it on the remote starter eventhough the problem existed before the remote start was installed. Their solution was to disconnect the remote start and let me drive it until "it" happened.

Turns out it was a faulty fuse panel. The tech replaced the ignition first and thankfully he noticed the car acting up as described above. He stuck his hand behind the fuse panel and messed with it a bit and found the problem. Ultimately, they replaced my fuse panel and re-installed my remote start. Now I am happy. It only took 5 times for my wonderful Acura service dept. to figure it out. Go figure.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you finally got it fixed, at least it wasn't anything really major, or critical.