Some crazy guy tried to kill me

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 03:14 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some crazy guy tried to kill me

Man what a crazy end to a crazy weekend... I was at the grocery store tonight and as usual parked all the way at the end of the lot away from the other cars. When I came out I see this big ass dodge pickup with the double tires in the back parked about two inches from the passenger side of my car... I had to even pull out of the spot first to let my passenger in because there wasn't even room to walk between the two cars. As im pulling around to let my passenger in this dude comes out of the store and is heading for the big ass truck. I was going to roll down my window and ask him why he parked so close but before I had a chance he hopped into the truck so I just gave him the one finger salute. I pull away and hear screaching tires, I look over and see that it is the truck driver spinning out all over the parking lot. I thought he was just showing off or something then all of the sudden he makes a turn and heads right for me! I was like OH SHIT... so I take off fast make a turn into some neighborhood and ditch my lights then I hop out and grab the jack handle from my trunk and sit there for a while. I had obviously lost the guy so I headed home... but that was by far the most excitement ive ever had in my CL. I keep thinking about what woulda happend if he found me... crazy!
Old 08-20-2001, 03:16 AM
Buckle Up

Damn that sucks. Crazy truck drivers. lol. That would of sucked if he smashed up your car.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:16 AM
Race Director

fuck that kinda situation, because of the fucking truck, you did the right thing, those trucks will fucking KILL, if the driver is stupid enough.

You should have somehow got his plate, and booked him.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:17 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

That's why it's no fun to flip people off any more. It used to be they would just make a similar gesture back. Now they decide to come after you. Glad to hear you got away.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
why would you be scared of a truck....? WHy hide when you can outrun him?

but yea there are some crazy people out there... more crazy than me actually.
Old 08-20-2001, 04:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i try not give the finger anymore, dont know how crazy the other people are nowadays, with all that crazy-road rage going on and stuff.
Old 08-20-2001, 04:17 AM
Advanced

yep road rage are scary...especially when they allow concealed handguns in texas
Old 08-20-2001, 04:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by AcurA CrazY:
<STRONG>why would you be scared of a truck....? WHy hide when you can outrun him?

but yea there are some crazy people out there... more crazy than me actually. </STRONG>
crazy crazy Truckers out there. You could only guess to what they have under the hood.
most likely prepare yourself against a V8

case in point: ford lightning
Old 08-20-2001, 04:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by KavexTrax:
<STRONG>

case in point: ford lightning</STRONG>
good point, id be scaared by dem fockers
Old 08-20-2001, 04:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Some crazy weekend i had too..
Under the spells of heat exhaustion, literally, on the 405N fast lane in bumper to bumper traffic..
I almost tailgated the person in front of me (who was at a full stop) @ 20 mph..
VERYYY close call.

Thank god for ABS! I knew i didnt have enough braking distance for sure and I knew there was space in the next lane over. So I braked hard and THREW the wheel over to the next lane and corrected with tires screeching for mercy. I'm amazed that i got outa that jam without any damage. {Big relief..whewww}

My thoughts afterwards: I replayed the event over and over in my head. And suddenly i have an urge for a Skip Barber course

Yes, it woulda been entirely my fault. :p

Experience +1
Old 08-20-2001, 10:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 699 Likes on 541 Posts
Dude, you should never show your middle finger to the other drivers no matter how much upset you are.
The reason is very simple, some people are crazy and they carry guns. They can just open fire all because of the middle finger.
No more freindly days when people used to show fingers to each other and that was the end.
Sometimes I show fingers too, but then I regret that I could not control my emotions, you never know who will pull a gun at you ....
Old 08-20-2001, 10:30 AM
Advanced

Sound familiar...except it was me that got rear-ended. My rear bumper & muffler were messed up. I take the car in for repairs next week, but it is just all a big pain. I was amazed at how quick I got this settled. Accident on Wednesday, filed the claim Wed night, claims adjuster saw it Thursday, got check on Saturday.
Old 08-20-2001, 10:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 699 Likes on 541 Posts
I am 24, dirving since 18. I slowed down and become very clam driver for the last few years, I am driving like an old lady, I am just to fucking scared by all the shit happening on the roads; don't wana lose my life over something stupid ....
Old 08-20-2001, 10:53 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Re: Ignorant Truck Drivers

Read Peter Egan's "Side Glances" column in this month's Road & Track ... Talks all about them =)
Old 08-20-2001, 10:59 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by AcurA CrazY:
<STRONG>why would you be scared of a truck....? WHy hide when you can outrun him?

but yea there are some crazy people out there... more crazy than me actually. </STRONG>
LOL just make sure you have enough gas.
Old 08-20-2001, 11:21 AM
Adrienne

That's why it's nice being a girl...

I flick people off when they tailgate me really badly... I have a method; after a few minutes of bad tailgating, I slam on my brakes and throw my hands up into the air like, "WHAT?!?!" and then I occasionally flick them off, too.

:o I don't want to hear preachy things about road rage. I know, already. I mean, I did it to a giant football player who lives ACROSS THE STREET from me. :/

I don't really do it anymore; it just sucks because here in Ashburn, there are a LOT of those housewives-with-5-kids-under-age-8, or sometimes just-one-kid-under-age-two who feel the need to buy Excursions and then swerve all over the road, because I maintain that it should be impossible for someone who is 5'1 and weighs less than 100 lbs (the avg size of these women) to adequately control one of those bohemoths... and they always do awful stuff to me. Now, fyi, I NEVER brakecheck vehicles when I think there may be kids inside. In my sick, twisted little mind, I have at least that compassion.

That's my confession. *sigh* *blush*
Old 08-20-2001, 11:54 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

HEHEHE... gotta love shit like that... CRAZY people out in the world!!! Check out the NJ meet pics.. VXCL may have =been you culprate with that monster truck he has!!!! Good thing for a Type-S huh!?
Old 08-20-2001, 01:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Dumbmotherfucker.... Well, one of us will get him eventually...
Old 08-20-2001, 03:18 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by Technique:
<STRONG>Dumbmotherfucker.... Well, one of us will get him eventually...</STRONG>
Who you talkin bout!?
I was kiddin bout VXCL.. but i you were talking bout that guy in the truck... I aint planning on going to VA to find him....hehehe
Old 08-20-2001, 03:43 PM
Racer

Originally posted by BlueAngel:
<STRONG>I flick people off when they tailgate me really badly... I have a method; after a few minutes of bad tailgating, I slam on my brakes and throw my hands up into the air like, "WHAT?!?!" and then I occasionally flick them off, too.</STRONG>

Why do people tailgate you? I've never tailed anyone, but...

Lets say someone is going 60 in the left lane of a 2 or 3 lane highway. The regular flow of traffic wants to go 75-80. The slow driver fails to get over and let everyone pass. Now, I dont mind if someone tailgates the slow driver - to get the point across. I never would, and when I see it happening I keep my distence, I'm just saying there's a reason for it.

If someone is tailing you for no reason, I think you have every right to pump the brakes. They fucking deserve it. Just be prepared for their reaction.

I.E., it pisses me off less to see road-rage tailgating, rather than to see some retard slowing down my commute.

(Note: replies critisizing my insensative use of the word "retard" will be ignored. After all, that's what they are.)

Edit to fix tags

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: proactive ]
Old 08-20-2001, 03:49 PM
Dub Driver

Edit: Wrong person :p

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: batra ]
Old 08-20-2001, 04:03 PM

BEESTEA:

Which grocery store? The Giant up on Stone Road, or the Safeway?

RULE #1:

Don't ever flick anyone off unless you're willing and able to back it up no matter what.
Old 08-20-2001, 04:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by TypeSKid:
<STRONG>BEESTEA:

RULE #1:

Don't ever flick anyone off unless you're willing and able to back it up no matter what.</STRONG>
I have to agree on this one... you should know that somthing is gonna happen as soon as you flick someone off...
Old 08-20-2001, 05:51 PM
Red X

that's why as soon as i turn 21 i'm buying a gun. i think it's illegal to carry a concealed hand gun so i'll have it mounted in the window so everyone can see.
Old 08-20-2001, 05:55 PM
watch the weather change

Location: Houston, TX - Uhhh, now what y'all know bout them Texas boys, Comin down in candied toys, smokin wee
Originally posted by ATXTypeS:
<STRONG>yep road rage are scary...especially when they allow concealed handguns in texas </STRONG>
exactly... its pretty scary... i try not to do much anymore, but there are times where you phuckin just want to kill them, but its just not worth it
Old 08-21-2001, 12:03 AM
Race Director

You know; for the life of me, I can't figure out why so many people are looking for trouble. Flipping people off, buying guns and shooting them, roadrage and tailgating.

There's a lot of people in this country and it's growing fast. Everytime I go to NYC I say "Wow! Look at all these people. There's gotta be a better way." Then I went to Seoul, then to China, and that's when it hit me. There's way, way, way too many people occupying this planet and something has gotta be done.....

Now I'm not trying to be insensitive and everybody deserves to live, but do you ever wonder why all the stupid stuff happens? Why do people do things know that it could easily cause their own demise? Where are all these people from and what the hell are they all doing everyday?

If everybody was sharp, bright, safe, and intelligent, this would be an ugly place. I mean that from a population standpoint. Please don't flame me, I didn't create death and I don't advocate it. It just happens. I'm just trying to figure out why and to whom. Maybe this has something to do with it. Maybe. I shouldn't be saying this...I'm getting on an airplane tomorrow.

Edit: A comment that was a bit crass.

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: kensteele ]
Old 08-21-2001, 03:01 AM
Adrienne

Well, if I'm in the left lane and someone comes up behind me, I make it my duty to either speed up or get over asap, because I know how annoying it is; when someone tailgates me when I'm in a knot of cars where I can't move, say I'm in the left lane and there's a car ahead of me, three cars next to me, and the one behind me, then hell yeah, my brakes are slamming. If he hits me, guess what I get? Yeah, a new car.

I have often said that when I get a really really nice car, that's much more expensive than most cars, I'm gonna get a bumper sticker that says something like, "Don't tailgate me unless you can afford to buy my car".
Old 08-21-2001, 03:32 AM
Number 37

My roommate slashed a guys tires for parking really close one night. I had to climb in the passenger side of my car to get in. We were the only 2 carhs in the lot.
Old 08-21-2001, 03:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Nootch:
<STRONG>My roommate slashed a guys tires for parking really close one night. I had to climb in the passenger side of my car to get in. We were the only 2 carhs in the lot. </STRONG>

word. it pisses the hell out of me when i park a fair distance away from alot of people, and some idiot in a truck just has to park next to me.
Old 08-21-2001, 07:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by rise:
<STRONG>

word. it pisses the hell out of me when i park a fair distance away from alot of people, and some idiot in a truck just has to park next to me.</STRONG>

Must be some kind of brain damage...

I got my first ding on my previous car from a jerk in a big truck that parked next to me. I was consulting and I was parked about an 1/8 mile away from every other car in an industrial park. The jerk in the truck parked right next to me and put a nice dent in the side of the car.

Man, I was pissed. Thank god for Dent Wizards
Old 08-21-2001, 02:25 PM
Drifting

<STRONG>Well, if I'm in the left lane and someone comes up behind me, I make it my duty to either speed up or get over asap, because I know how annoying it is;</STRONG>
There's the secret: always think of the needs of other people. It amazes me how many people drive on the road seemingly oblivious to the idea that there are other drivers sharing the road.
Old 08-21-2001, 05:25 PM
Race Director

<STRONG>Well, if I'm in the left lane and someone comes up behind me, I make it my duty to either speed up or get over asap, because I know how annoying it is; when someone tailgates me when I'm in a knot of cars where I can't move, say I'm in the left lane and there's a car ahead of me, three cars next to me, and the one behind me, then hell yeah, my brakes are slamming. If he hits me, guess what I get? Yeah, a new car.
</STRONG>
How are you going to use that new car if you get paralyzed or killed in the resulting car wreck that you caused [braking so hard that you knew the idoit behind you would collide with you] by surprising an idiot tailgater intent on pushing through?

I can see you telling your parents from the hospital bedside during your last moments how "The Caddilac was 8 inches off of my bumper at 81 mph so I mashed the brakes as hard as I could. He was wrong. Now I finally get that use that auto insurance and/or life insurance I've been paying on forever...."

Please don't apply on the brakes so hard that an accident may ensue. Save your own life by prevention and getting as far away from the idiot drivers.
Old 08-21-2001, 05:35 PM
Banned

You know what the trick to avoiding door dings is?! Try an park against a wall or divider of some sort, with your passenger side against it. Most people drive solo, so they won't be swinging their huge doors into yours. I always look for those spots and have been lucky thus far. (knock on wood).
Old 08-21-2001, 07:07 PM
Racer

not to start a flame war here, but if u cant back up what u do then dont be a tough guy or a wise ass.