So will we be able to have the RES in our hands before Christmas?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 08:15 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on now, I want to ask for one for the holidays.
Old 11-22-2001, 08:44 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

It looks that Doug is not your Santa for this year.... Try again :P
Old 11-22-2001, 08:57 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where is Doug I am really wanting to get this thing.
Old 11-22-2001, 09:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by NOLACLS
where is Doug I am really wanting to get this thing.
Agreed. I'm ready now.........

Snook, any info??
Old 11-22-2001, 09:07 AM
Old timer

Well y'all suck then.
Old 11-22-2001, 09:11 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Jrock,

You can still buy headers, or some Denso plugs...
Old 11-22-2001, 10:05 AM
Drifting

You know I think its such BS, that there have been so many questions, and NOBODY has come to answer them. I asked a ? 3 times with no response.
Old 11-22-2001, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
This is all that Tim said in an email to me yesterday.

"they are working on them Mike. As soon as they come in their sending us the first shipment"
Old 11-22-2001, 10:51 AM
Honkey

Well, if RES doesn't come in soon enough you could always just throw down an extra $100 and get this beautiful thing:

Old 11-22-2001, 10:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Who knows what's going on in others lives. Let's just hope all's well with Doug & crew. Maybe this thread will attract some much needed update info if we keep it civilzed (no offense to anyone, please!)

Doug, Tim, TypeR........Beuller?!

Happy Tday - Jim
Old 11-22-2001, 11:03 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
Jrock,

"JRock you can still waste $1200 you don't have. Or waste money on spark plugs that aren't going to offer much performance gain at all, especially compared to your 6-month-old stock plugs."

Get lost.

I was just hoping the nice $300 mod would be out for the holiday season. I thought I remember we were told it would be for sale by the end of November?

Either way the point is not "buy any mod" the point is "buy THIS mod".

Almost as much gain as headers, if those dynos are to be believed) for 1/4 the cost. Fuck Comptech and their ripoff headers.

edit - 4pumped... mmmm... that's more like it!
Old 11-22-2001, 11:21 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

If we want to start talking about Comptechs rip-off prices let's also mwntion 600$ for mufflers when nearly identical magnaflow only cost 270$, springs that are TWICE as much as most competitors, and 300$ for two friggin metal bars!!

I can only wonder how much the ice box will cost.

I am not necessarily bitching and saying that I won't buy Comptech's products because I will for peace of mind knowing that they make a good product--but come on guys, your prices are INSANE! But, I guess that's what happens when you have a near monopoly on Acura parts!

I wonder how much money Honda-Acura loses every year by not making their own performance parts?
Old 11-22-2001, 11:42 AM
Old timer

Hooray! Finally someone else who has some common sense when it comes to mod pricing.

My guess is this must be a lot of people's first car or at least first car they've ever modded if they think $1200 is an acceptable price for headers (or $600 for exhaust).
Old 11-22-2001, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by mackdaddy
Who knows what's going on in others lives. Let's just hope all's well with Doug & crew. Maybe this thread will attract some much needed update info if we keep it civilzed (no offense to anyone, please!)

Doug, Tim, TypeR........Beuller?!

Happy Tday - Jim
hey im no trouble maker you bastard
Old 11-22-2001, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator

I can only wonder how much the ice box will cost.
....369$ retail
Old 11-22-2001, 11:52 AM
Drifting

Honestly a good price for headers would be $850, and the mufflers $400. But oh well, you play you have to pay.

Originally posted by JRock
Hooray! Finally someone else who has some common sense when it comes to mod pricing.

My guess is this must be a lot of people's first car or at least first car they've ever modded if they think $1200 is an acceptable price for headers (or $600 for exhaust).
Old 11-22-2001, 01:36 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by spiroh
Honestly a good price for headers would be $850, and the mufflers $400. But oh well, you play you have to pay.

No, actually you don't have to. You can do many other things: buy another brand of exhaust, make your own intake, or just WAIT.
Old 11-22-2001, 01:54 PM
Drifting

The CL has been our for about 1.5 years. I dont think its much fun waiting for other headers to appear. Some people are still waiting.

No, actually you don't have to. You can do many other things: buy another brand of exhaust, make your own intake, or just WAIT.
Old 11-22-2001, 01:58 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by spiroh
The CL has been our for about 1.5 years. I dont think its much fun waiting for other headers to appear. Some people are still waiting.
Yeah, I'm one of them. It might not be "fun" but it's not like I'm going to die if I don't have aftermarket headers on my car, and for $1200 they can kiss my ass.
Old 11-22-2001, 02:02 PM
Senior Moderator

i got mine brand new in the box origanlly bought from tim for 900$$$ a friend on the TL board bought them awile back when tim did a group buy.,,,never installed them and sold them to me 900$...if you look ,you can find them for around this price..
Old 11-22-2001, 02:34 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
JRock... chill out...

C'mon now... stick to the subject.

Frankly... no sense bitching over Comptechs prices. We all know their expensive... but their pretty much the only ones making shit for our car. So were stuck with it.

In areas where you have other options... use the other options.

But what sense is there in whining on here? Your not going to change anything.

As for RES... I'd like to know too.

Honestly, I'm pretty upset that neither Tim or Doug have responded to these threads. They both are reading and this is feeling very Xephyr like.

Granted we can't say shit about how long its taking... I'm sure the time is necessary. But it would be nice to get some info...

They asked for the hype... but havent followed up! At least e-mail me with something to publish.

THE PEOPLE ARE WAITING.
Old 11-22-2001, 03:49 PM
Drifting

Re: JRock... chill out...

I'm with you. It shouldnt be the MM anymore. Any insight would be great. It doesnt take much to reply to a couple of ?'s.
Originally posted by soopa

Frankly... no sense bitching over Comptechs prices. We all know their expensive... but their pretty much the only ones making shit for our car. So were stuck with it.

In areas where you have other options... use the other options.

But what sense is there in whining on here? Your not going to change anything.

Honestly, I'm pretty upset that neither Tim or Doug have responded to these threads. They both are reading and this is feeling very Xephyr like.

Granted we can't say shit about how long its taking... I'm sure the time is necessary. But it would be nice to get some info...

They asked for the hype... but havent followed up! At least e-mail me with something to publish.

THE PEOPLE ARE WAITING.
Old 11-22-2001, 06:05 PM
Burning Brakes

I'll agree with JRock on the Comptech price crapola factor. But I'm in a position in life to bite the bullet, and get the goods.

Headers and Exhaust prices (new) are assinine. Thats why I'm actively searching for used parts!

Back to the subject at hand, where the He!! is my pre release test unit! I'm willing to long term road test / dyno during the cold Ohio winter months, Doug.

Jim

PS - TypeR..... :P
Old 11-22-2001, 10:56 PM
Old timer

Exactly my sentiments.

Tell that to Nashua who decided I should spend $1200 on a part that offers hardly more performance than the supposed performance of the $300 mod we are all waiting on. My response and statements about Comptech were only put in this thread because he so brilliantly suggested I buy headers as an alternative to the RES.
Old 11-22-2001, 11:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Re: JRock... chill out...

Originally posted by soopa

Man, this isn't even in the same ballpark as 'X'. X's worst sin
is that he took people's money and THEN vanished.

It's annoying that they aren't replying, but certainly nobody is getting ripped off by them not answering questions. It would to be to their benefit if they stopped getting on a-cl.com and just work on getting their part out.
Old 11-23-2001, 12:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Chod, the voice of reason!
Old 11-23-2001, 01:02 AM
Subie Dubie

As for the Comptech argument, real simple. If you don't like the prices, don't buy. At least they are supporting our car. At least i've been able to mod my car instead of waiting for the so called
" competition " to do something.
Old 11-23-2001, 08:21 AM
6 speed...

Come on now, I want to ask for one for the holidays.
(57 minutes later...)
Well y'all suck then.
Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
Jrock,

"JRock you can still waste $1200 you don't have. Or waste money on spark plugs that aren't going to offer much performance gain at all, especially compared to your 6-month-old stock plugs."

Get lost.

Tell that to Nashua who decided I should spend $1200 on a part that offers hardly more performance than the supposed performance of the $300 mod we are all waiting on. My response and statements about Comptech were only put in this thread because he so brilliantly suggested I buy headers as an alternative to the RES.
I have another suggestion for you, drama queen: paxil.

100 tablets for $160 online

and maybe some lithium carbonate for your mood swings, you bipolar motherfucker.
Old 11-23-2001, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator

LMAO
Old 11-23-2001, 09:35 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by tankmonkey

(57 minutes later...)

and maybe some lithium carbonate for your mood swings, you bipolar motherfucker.

Riiiight.

Oh wait wait...

The best part is, Mike PMs me because I used the term "RTFM" in another post and says I shouldn't say such mean and nasty things to people because he considers "RTFM" a flame (even though I went through the trouble of writing out what the manual says, not just "RTFM") but you can call me a "bi-polar motherfucker" and it's okay.

Yeah, that's fair. :sqnteek:

ps - you're taking everything I say completely seriously. Do you really believe I think "y'all suck then" just because the RES isn't coming out before Christmas? Come on now, you're not that unhumorous. Maybe you need some ritalin to relax since you're so uptight about everything I write. :p
Old 11-23-2001, 09:42 AM
Drifting

(57 minutes later...)

I see no reason for this!
Old 11-23-2001, 09:48 AM
Old timer

Oh and if you seriously think that's what bi-polar disorder is, you need to go read up on it. We just went over mental problems like that in a crisis intervention class I'm taking this semester and bi-polar is a serious issue, not something you should just go labeling people with to be a wiseass.

Bi-polar people swing wildly from (usually suicidal) depression to flying so high they don't even feel like they need sleep for a couple days in a row. (Yes, this is WITHOUT medication.) Once medicated they still swing moods but the medication is used to take the edges off their mood swings so they are still up and down but not quite as much.

Anyway, I just thought I'd enlighten you since I recently learned about bi-polar disorder and since you obviously didn't know what it was.

Or I could be less nice and just say "RTFM" and link you to WebMD, but Mike would somehow consider that a flame and would edit my post to remove that.
Even though you can call me names. :p

ps, yes I tend to be a little overdramatic here sometimes, but that's my writing style. Either get used to it or ignore my posts - your choice. I will not, however, change the way I write when you could just as easily ignore my posts or put me on your Ignore List.
Old 11-23-2001, 09:56 AM
6 speed...

The best part is, Mike PMs me because I used the term "RTFM" in another post and says I shouldn't say such mean and nasty things to people because he considers "RTFM" a flame (even though I went through the trouble of writing out what the manual says, not just "RTFM") but you can call me a "bi-polar motherfucker" and it's okay.

Yeah, that's fair. :sqnteek:

ps - you're taking everything I say completely seriously. Do you really believe I think "y'all suck then" just because the RES isn't coming out before Christmas? Come on now, you're not that unhumorous. Maybe you need some ritalin to relax since you're so uptight about everything I write. :p
okay, okay...

so that wasn't fair. I debated the "bipolar motherfucker" part for a bit and left it in because I thought it might get your attention. mission accomplished.

but you really scare me sometimes, what with the vitriol and spitefulness evident in some of your posts. honestly, it's none of my business, but I think you need to chill out sometimes.

p.s. I'm not hyperactive (mr. 2351-posts-and-counting ), nor am I a.d.d., so ritalin would only make me jumpy.

p.p.s. sorry for taking your thread so far afield... :P
Old 11-23-2001, 09:57 AM
6 speed...

Oh and if you seriously think that's what bi-polar disorder is, you need to go read up on it. We just went over mental problems like that in a crisis intervention class I'm taking this semester and bi-polar is a serious issue, not something you should just go labeling people with to be a wiseass.

Bi-polar people swing wildly from (usually suicidal) depression to flying so high they don't even feel like they need sleep for a couple days in a row. (Yes, this is WITHOUT medication.) Once medicated they still swing moods but the medication is used to take the edges off their mood swings so they are still up and down but not quite as much.

Anyway, I just thought I'd enlighten you since I recently learned about bi-polar disorder and since you obviously didn't know what it was.

Or I could be less nice and just say "RTFM" and link you to WebMD, but Mike would somehow consider that a flame and would edit my post to remove that.
Even though you can call me names. :p

ps, yes I tend to be a little overdramatic here sometimes, but that's my writing style. Either get used to it or ignore my posts - your choice. I will not, however, change the way I write when you could just as easily ignore my posts or put me on your Ignore List.
now who's taking whom too seriously?

btw: the paxil is for your anxiety disorder. get some. soon.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:02 AM
Old timer

now who's taking whom too seriously?

Uh. This isn't an issue of serious vs. not-serious.

I'm simply explaining what bi-polar is for you since I'm not allowed to just link you to WebMD and tell you to RTFM there. (Hi, Mike!)

Whatever. Enough posting. Back to writing this stupid COMM assignment.

edit:
btw: the paxil is for your anxiety disorder. get some. soon.
You focker. :P
Old 11-23-2001, 10:13 AM
6 speed...

Uh. This isn't an issue of serious vs. not-serious.

I'm simply explaining what bi-polar is for you since I'm not allowed to just link you to WebMD and tell you to RTFM there. (Hi, Mike!)

Whatever. Enough posting. Back to writing this stupid COMM assignment.
well, I'm not taking a class covering it like you ( ), but the last I checked, bipolar (note the lack of a hyphen) disorders are characterized by extreme and/or sudden mood swings.

from about.com's discussion of bipolar disorder:

Bipolar disorder--which is also known as manic-depressive illness and will be called by both names throughout this publication--is a mental illness involving episodes of serious mania and depression. The person's mood usually swings from overly "high" and irritable to sad and hopeless, and then back again, with periods of normal mood in between.

to me, this describes you lately. hence, my use of the term to describe you. sorry if that's incorrect. however, I stand by my other assessments (i.e., that you're a drama queen and a mofo) regardless... :P
Old 11-23-2001, 10:30 AM
Old timer

to me, this describes you lately
Oh definitely... because I'm talking about how I'm going to kill myself in one post and in the next I'm hyperactive and can't sleep.

Your reading comprehension is poor since your very quote states:

a mental illness involving episodes of serious mania and depression. The person's mood usually swings from overly "high" and irritable to sad and hopeless, and then back again
Note more carefully the terminology used. Bipolar (Yes, I have a bad habit of hyphenating it... that hardly means I don't know what I'm talking about) is an illness of extremes.

Anyway, I know you're just joking around and all that, but since you want to play the serious game, I will too.

And once again, "Yes I tend to be a little overdramatic here sometimes, but that's my writing style. Either get used to it or ignore my posts - your choice. I will not, however, change the way I write when you could just as easily ignore my posts or put me on your Ignore List."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Okay, one COMM paper down, one to go. BBL, maybe.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:37 AM
6 speed...

Oh definitely... because I'm talking about how I'm going to kill myself in one post and in the next I'm hyperactive and can't sleep.

Your reading comprehension is poor since your very quote states:

Note more carefully the terminology used. Bipolar (Yes, I have a bad habit of hyphenating it... that hardly means I don't know what I'm talking about) is am illness of extremes.

Anyway, I know you're just joking around and all that, but since you want to play the serious game, I will too.
sorry, but since all I have to go on is your on-screen persona, I have to make certain allowances...

you missed some critical words in that excerpt, btw:

The person's mood usually swings from overly "high" and irritable to sad and hopeless, and then back again, with periods of normal mood in between.

and I have a word I want you to look up while you're doing your comm (communications?) assignment: hyperbole. you may also need to look up rhetorical, as well (depends on your vocabulary and the particular definition used by your choice of dictionary).

hope this helps.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:41 AM
6 speed...

I will not, however, change the way I write when you could just as easily ignore my posts or put me on your Ignore List."
but then I'd have to blame myself for missing all those "warning signs" if you do become a danger to yourself... :P

ahh, don't worry, little buddy... I got your back!
Old 11-23-2001, 10:41 AM
Old timer

, with periods of normal mood
OMG HE'S GOT PERIODS OF NORMAL! HOLY CRAP HE MUST BE BIPOLAR!!!

You crack me up, mang. Thanks for the laugh.

(Yeah, communications assignments. Press releases actually. Not too bad, but I also have a history term paper hanging over my head.)

Quick Reply: So will we be able to have the RES in our hands before Christmas?!