SO what does the KONI YELLOW's actually do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003 | 01:04 AM
1-2-3-4-5-6-speeeeeed!!!!

SO what does the KONI YELLOW's actually do?

What do the KONI YELLOWS actually do, what are the 3 level positions??? Do I really need it? Is the ride harsher, if so how compariable to stock? What is the going price for the Koni's?? I did a search already but I want some more current events!

Thanks fellas
Old 12-28-2003 | 02:37 AM
AWD Torque Monster

the perches allow you to lower or raise your car. incase your springs arent enough for you. it also allows you to set the fronts lower to even out wheel gap. also if you get rims you may need to adj your height again. this is a great thing. i got almost a sportline drop with prokit springs and koni yellows. i get to have a progressive spring, my wheel gaps are almost identical, but the front sits slight lower, and i can adj the damper. my prokit/koni yellow rides better than stock. since they adj you can change it to whatever you mood is. i paid $500 for all four but i know for a 2nd gen it will be more. if your not getting coilovers then this is the way to go. springs plus koni yellows equals 700-800. tein ss coilovers are about $1000.
Old 12-28-2003 | 04:45 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

^------Wut he sayd!

Very well put.
Old 12-28-2003 | 07:57 AM
Pro

Mine have 5 perches :P
Old 12-28-2003 | 08:10 AM
1-2-3-4-5-6-speeeeeed!!!!

I have heard of the NEUSPEED/KONI YELLOW combo that has 5 adjustments, does anybody have these??

Also you can "lower" the car even more with the yellow's?
Old 12-28-2003 | 02:31 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Originally posted by CLASSYCLS
I have heard of the NEUSPEED/KONI YELLOW combo that has 5 adjustments, does anybody have these??

Also you can "lower" the car even more with the yellow's?
yes the neuspeed version has 2 extra perches. so even more height adj. they cost a little bit more. its the exact same on the insides though. u have to completely take ur spring/shock off the car to adj the perch. this is the benefits of coilovers. u can adj height without taking anything apart. also depending upon ur springs you can only lower it so much more. my prokits just fit on the lower perch without comming loose. if they were 1/4" shorter i wouldnt have been able to use the lower perch becuase every time the car is jacked up the springs would have come loose. even if i had the neuspeed version i couldnt have used the 2nd lower perch, but i would want to. my cl sits 4" off the ground.
Old 12-28-2003 | 02:37 PM
aqj
Who ya gonna call?

Originally posted by VXCL
yes the neuspeed version has 2 extra perches. so even more height adj. they cost a little bit more. its the exact same on the insides though. u have to completely take ur spring/shock off the car to adj the perch. this is the benefits of coilovers. u can adj height without taking anything apart. also depending upon ur springs you can only lower it so much more. my prokits just fit on the lower perch without comming loose. if they were 1/4" shorter i wouldnt have been able to use the lower perch becuase every time the car is jacked up the springs would have come loose. even if i had the neuspeed version i couldnt have used the 2nd lower perch, but i would want to. my cl sits 4" off the ground.

Sorry to hijack, but how would you know if your springs have come loose. I bought a used '01 and have the prokit, no shocks (that I was told about) I recently had the car jacked up at a mechanic and noticed how much the tires droop when the car is lifted.

Is there anything specific I need to look for or something i need to do if they have co0me loose?
Old 12-28-2003 | 05:07 PM
4th Gear

Neuspeed/Koni yellows

I got my Neuspeed/ Koni yellows off E-bay for $485.00<new>. I just did a search under Neuspeed/Koni on E-bay motors.
Old 12-28-2003 | 06:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by VXCL
the neuspeed koni yellows which i have ,have 2 perches up from stock, 2 down.. for the most versitility short of coilovers when it comes to ride height and ,in addition have a shorter travel together with a more aggressive valving for an even higher level of adjustment for the tuner, when it come to rebound and damping control
Old 12-29-2003 | 02:02 PM
Race Director

I love my Koni's.