Should I take this as a compliment?.. :)...shit another ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001 | 03:53 AM
Race Director

Should I take this as a compliment?.. :)...sh!t another ticket

look what the fuck i got..

ticket for UNNECESSARY NOISE - Loud Stero

i got this ticket on a street full of clubs and bars blasting loud music, ... FUCK.. the cop was a prick, BUT believe me, it was LOUD!

250.2 Rockford Fosgate for the front Cerwin Vega Components
300.2 Kenwood Amp for the rear "fills"
400.2 Sony amp powering 2 12" subs...

I cleaned my black beauty today, and pimped it out downtown..but fucking cops..his black partner cop was actually bouncing his head to our North Carolina song...but his asshole partner pulled me over and gave me a ticket in front of thousands of people!

anyways, anyone ever get this kind of ticket?..how do they go in court?...i cant have ANY traffic convictions go on my insurance record...

oh, and THE COP WROTE MY OLD POSTAL CODE BY ACCIDENT WHERE HE WAS SUPPPOSED TO PUT MY LICENSE PLATE!!!..does this mean if i pay my ticket, insurance wont find out???????

any stories i can tell the judge...advice..anything?

Old 11-25-2001 | 04:22 AM
Goldmember

bad idea

Dude, no need to provoke the cops if you're not needing any tickets. Besides, there's no need to blast music. Why you gotta dj what everyone's gotta listen to 10 miles away?
Old 11-25-2001 | 05:27 AM
Race Director

stupid girls in my car wanted me to play it loud...haha, man when you see tits jump up and down, you dont wanna turn the music off...

and people like my music, lots of girls were jamming to it around us...

also i didnt know you could get a ticket for this...i thought only in residental areas..
Old 11-25-2001 | 08:15 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I've gotten ticket like that before... when I was 16. I think it got dismissed, can't really remember.
Old 11-25-2001 | 10:33 AM
Banned

Re: Should I take this as a compliment?.. :)...shit another ticket

Originally posted by amirsafdari

I cleaned my black beauty today, and pimped it out downtown..but fucking cops..his black partner cop was actually bouncing his head to our North Carolina song...but his asshole partner pulled me over and gave me a ticket in front of thousands of people!

Thousends of people? What? Were you getting a ticket on the pitcher's mound during the World Series? If it was a crowded street Maybe 30 people saw you. Of those maybe six cared. Of those maybe one knew who you were.
Old 11-25-2001 | 12:13 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

if the cop put your postal code down instead of your license plate number, then go the a justice of the peace and the ticket will be thrown out...
Old 11-25-2001 | 12:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Okay. Go down to the Senior center and borrow 2 honking hearing aids.

Go to court and say, 'huh?' alot. Tell the Judge you are almost deaf and needed to crank it up to hear and you did not realise it was that loud....

On a serious note, that should not hurt your record. I pleaded down from a speeding ticket to defective muffler, and all my insurance company wanted to know was if I fixed the muffler.
Old 11-25-2001 | 01:51 PM
The Creator

in the US thats a non-point violation.

just a fine.

but find a way out of it anyway...
Old 11-25-2001 | 02:56 PM
Goldmember

always go to court

it's a pain in the ass to go to the court but learn to ask for things nicely and you'd be surprised at how things turn out. i ran a red light when i was 17 and thought i was fucked since i didn't have my own insurance (my parent's car) and thought the insurance company would make my parents get insurance for me which would mean i'd never drive again.

i went to court and the judge threw the book at me. fine, ticket, the whole works. i was pissed and started walking out when i remembered that they sometimes let you take a class and get it removed. so i turned around and asked the old fart judge if i could take a safety class instead and he was like, "Umm, ok sure" I took the class and even got bonus points on my record for it. It did cost me $150 or so but much better than record and insurance costs.

at the very least, tell the judge that you were

1) in a party district with NO residential buildings,
2) it's your first time w/ such a ticket and you're sorry and you'll never do it again now that you know,
3) look respectable and dont' wear no baggy jeans and polo shirt untucked,
4) point out the mistakes that the cop made on the ticket.

the judge should throw it out on point (4) or at least just give you a warning and a suspended sentence, that goes away if you don't make more trouble for 6 months or so.
Old 11-25-2001 | 02:58 PM
Senior Moderator

We make fun of people who blast their music...
Old 11-25-2001 | 04:07 PM
Racer

I can't believe a cop was so hard nosed to give you a ticket for loud music. Should have given warning at least. Must have been some pretty hot babes Amir for them to get crazy on loud muzak!
Old 11-25-2001 | 04:18 PM
Instructor

I don't know how it works where your are, but in California, if the cop makes any mistake on your ticket, then it is automatically void. Like last time, the cop put my court date on a sunday. When I called the following monday, the ticket was cancelled.
Old 11-25-2001 | 05:23 PM
Subie Dubie

Maybe if you tell the judge you're the guy who took 11 hours to install an intake, he'll say " oh, i've heard of you " and figure you have enough problems and let it go.
Old 11-25-2001 | 05:25 PM
Race Director

thanks for the info everyone.

yeah the cop was a dick, it is a street packed with clubs..etc

but the weird part is, his partner was jamming to our sounds prior to our ticket for like 5 minutes!

crazyAcura, i honestly dont care what people think..i jam my music all the time, whether people are around or not, if i was to do anything different with people around me, then i would be one of those people that "care what people think" about them. and i aint like that..people can call me a show off..etc, but i like my music. :P
Old 11-25-2001 | 08:43 PM
Senior Moderator

You know women?
Ed
Old 11-25-2001 | 09:17 PM
ALi G in the House!

amir, don't worry man, i got 2 of these tickets when i was 17, i had to goto court w/ my parents but they didn't come so i went alone. i sat in a room with a judge, she said blah blah blah and pay 150. i was like ok...the fuckin cop wrote he could hear the music from 400 ft away..i was like no...but i said whatever and paid..the second time, i paid too but i didn't have to goto court..it was like a 238 dollar fine..they like make it more expensive everytime u do it...but now my civic's just sittin in da garage so no mo jammin..
-Sam
Old 11-25-2001 | 09:53 PM
Racer

Cops didn't like your music??......

Not to be "insensitive" to your plight, but not everyone wants to hear your rolling nightclub ya know? From your "fucking language", you probably pissed off the cop too, whether or not his partner was digging your sounds. I like to blast music but sometimes people are a "little over the top" in volume...........if I were a judge, I'd like to sentence those people (who play car audio way too loud) to hours of John Tesh and Yanni--preferably on a set of headphones duct taped to the head, since I wouldn't want to listen to that crap. Point is, not all of us like what we all individually listen to, so leave a little (volume) headroom. Last I checked, the earth still revolved around the sun.
Old 11-26-2001 | 09:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Amir... man that sucks. That's such a BS ticket. I mean if you were driving through some quiet neighborhood section or something, then maybe they could justify the ticket, but that on a street full of clubs... please. Maybe you could work your way around it by checking the decible laws or something, then showing you didn't break them ??

BTW, I edited your title to kind of hide the curse. Feel free to curse as much as you'd like in the topic itself!!
(looks like the edit didn't take, oh well).....
Old 11-26-2001 | 11:22 AM
Team Owner

Re: Cops didn't like your music??......

Originally posted by bc01cls
if I were a judge, I'd like to sentence those people (who play car audio way too loud) to hours of John Tesh and Yanni--preferably on a set of headphones duct taped to the head
AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn S
Old 11-26-2001 | 11:39 AM

Amir, I used Pointts once (one of those places in Canada that help you get out of tickets or get fines reduced), and the first thing they ask is if anything is wrong with the ticket. Sounds like since the cop screwed up writing your postal code in the license plate area, you should be able to get out of that ticket, or get it reduced to court costs of maybe around $25.00 BUT, I strongly suggest going thru Pointts or some place like that if you don't want anything to go against your insurance. They are ex-cops and they know the judges well and which one is likely to give you a break. Doing this on your own you might be ok but it is a bit more of a gamble I think. I used Pointts a few years ago and it cost $200 plus GST = $214. Well worth it sometimes. My guy was an ex-RCMP officer, had my illegal right turn ticket reduced to court costs after he rescheduled 5 times with the court. The officer who wrote the ticket still always managed to show up, but in the end the judge decided this was a nuisance ticket.

Good luck!
Old 11-26-2001 | 06:19 PM
Instructor

hmmm

hey amir....

the bitch is....in ontario a ticket is a ticket which means to your insurance company -- this is the same as not having a plate.

Now...your insurance won't go up because of this (most likly) but it will be a mark on your record. Once you get 3 tickets...no matter what for, you get really really screwed insurance wise (happened to me)

Your best bet is to go pointts and pay some ex cop to have it taken care off. It'll cost you....but it's the price we pay for blasting our systems.

sanjay