should I???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 08:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should I???

hey well first of all i was wondering y their r no 1st gen races posted on here is it cuz they slow cuz i have a 99 3.0 v6 and tho i cannot drive it yet (im 15, 2 more months!!!!!! til im out on those roads and kickin some ass!!!) i no they can kick ass, my sis b/f has driven my car and has beat an integra, grand prix, eclispe, jetta, and my sis's modded eagle talon so whats the deal here??? well another i was wondering if i should race my friend when i can drive, he is dying to do it since like 3 months ago well hes got a completly stock (proformence) 2000 mustang gt...i got exhaust like 30 more horses should i ??????????????? lemme no thanks
Old 09-07-2002, 08:58 PM
6th Gear

Re: should I???

Originally posted by acuraclfan
hey well first of all i was wondering y their r no 1st gen races posted on here is it cuz they slow cuz i have a 99 3.0 v6 and tho i cannot drive it yet (im 15, 2 more months!!!!!! til im out on those roads and kickin some ass!!!) i no they can kick ass, my sis b/f has driven my car and has beat an integra, grand prix, eclispe, jetta, and my sis's modded eagle talon so whats the deal here??? well another i was wondering if i should race my friend when i can drive, he is dying to do it since like 3 months ago well hes got a completly stock (proformence) 2000 mustang gt...i got exhaust like 30 more horses should i ??????????????? lemme no thanks
LOL.......he gets his license and the first thing he wants to do is race. Psychic friends doesnt have to tell us that tickets lie within your future

And 30 horses for exhaust......wow.......does that come with stickers.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:13 PM
Intermediate

im a good driver lol i driven my parents durango and my dads caddy lol and im not sure on the exact hp from the exhaust or what kind it is i just got it done yesterday and my friend took it in and said he'd put the best 1 on
Old 09-07-2002, 10:13 PM
An ETC Owner

What kind/make/year caddy?
Old 09-07-2002, 11:23 PM
Intermediate

its a 2002 caddillac seville sts
Old 09-08-2002, 11:12 AM
Selling Chicken Parts

sweet
Old 09-08-2002, 11:14 AM
Selling Chicken Parts

I was trying to decipher your post...are you saying you have a 99 3.0 CL and you wanna race your buddy's 2000 GT?

No, you shouldn't, unless you just wanna race for the hell of it.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:28 PM
An ETC Owner

Awesome, I have a 97 ETC

any pics of your CL?
Old 09-08-2002, 12:37 PM
Intermediate

so what ur sayin is my 99 cant beat is GT well we'll see but i prob just do it for the hell of it yea never no........yea all u people out there r reallly into the seville lol and this is an acura fourm well i can blame ya i drive it when ever i can...bout my pics i have 6 of them but i dont have yahoo pictures or anything like that so how can i post them???
Old 09-09-2002, 01:10 AM
Selling Chicken Parts

so what ur sayin is my 99 cant beat is GT well we'll see but i prob just do it for the hell of it yea never no........yea all u people out there r reallly into the seville lol and this is an acura fourm well i can blame ya i drive it when ever i can...bout my pics i have 6 of them but i dont have yahoo pictures or anything like that so how can i post them???
what i'm sayin is periods and commas! heh heh just kidding, but anyway...

260hp/302 ft-lbs low 14s vs. 200? 225?hp vs 100something ft-lbs mid to high 15s? c'mon...you're going out there for the helluvit.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:09 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man you gotta make that into a thug ride with gold wire spinner rims, little tires,hydros,a bitchin' system, your "dew rag" hanging around the rear view mirror with all your b!tches in the back seat thats what all the kids with caddys around here do. i've only seen 1 wanna be fast and furious caddy around here
Old 09-11-2002, 05:57 PM
Intermediate

um water-s incase ya didnt notice the caddy aint mine....but thanks for all the responses ill be sure to be back on here in a month or soo to tell ya all bout the race......
Old 09-11-2002, 07:30 PM
A-CL Fanatic

just don't forget stickers and your coffee can muffler, cause those make ur car reeeaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyy faaaaaaaaaast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleye s:
Old 09-15-2002, 10:49 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

easy on the kid people! let'm have his fun
Old 09-16-2002, 04:38 PM
Intermediate

thanks quickcls lol well to keep u all updated on this i am goin to race my friend and his mustang but get this he is gonna have his friend drive b/c hes ssen my drive 4wheelers and go carts and i a much better driver then him so his a p*ssy for not driver hahahahahaha i have some other people more in my range to that wanna race when i get my liscenes such as monte carlos and accords/civcs but i think i may wanna put some engine mods on any ideas??
Old 09-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Sorry kid, but you have a lot to learn in life. Number 1, DON'T RACE WHEN YOU GET YOUR LICENSE. You THINK you know how to drive. What will you do when you are driving 70 miles an hour next to another car and a car turns into your path, or a deer runs in front of you, or you have a blowout? Do you think you have enough experience to properly control your car? I can pretty much GAURANTEE that you won't know what to do. I am willing to bet that within the next couple of years, you will spend more than a few instances bitching about how high your insurance is. Try and figure out why. I think EVERYONE has raced at some point in their life, but please learn how to control your vehicle before you go out there and drive recklessly. I am not really picking on you acuraclfan so much as I am trying to paint a picture as to why you should not race your friend, or anyone unless you can properly control your vehicle. Please be responsible and be safe out there. The number 2 I won't touch too much, but please learn to spell correctly. OR at least try. Everyone makes mistakes, but some people just don't care. I guess living with a high school english teacher has gotten to me, it actually annoys me to see improper use of the langauge. But if you take anything from my post, please pay attention to my number 1.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:31 PM
Racer

Great point about the control of the vehicle, I am 16 and have had my license for 5 months, when I first got my license I got a ticket on the way from the place to school (stupid of me 69 in a 45) Well... the cop was great, "so you got your license today, and you got a ticket? Congratulations, try not to keep up the record" So... that shut me up pretty quickly, and I realized once while racing a friend of mine a bus pulled in front of me, I panicked and slammed on my brakes, not realizing that my friend was behind me, he had to swerve off the road into a grassy patch, luckily neither of us got hurt. Immediately after this incident, I enrolled in a Track Day down here, learned the limits of my car, and how to drive at high(er) rates of speed, excellent thing for ANYONE to do, both young AND (especially ) old. Cost me $100 to use the track for the day, and really showed me how inexperienced I was at both cornering at high speeds and high speed braking... good thing to realize, glad I realized it early on in the game. so, I took a few lessons, and I now go to track days every once in a while, I do do much better, but whenever I race someone I always think to myself... "ya know, that guy hasn't taken the lessons I have, so if something happens, chances are he won't know what to do" Good thing to keep in mind, especially since most of one's races are with teenagers (not cracking on them), just stating a fact here. So, now that I'm done preaching, go kick some peers' asses... and while you're at it, wear your seatbelt
Old 09-18-2002, 04:10 PM
cor
MR O'NEAL

agreed.. i'd like to do one of those tracks .. i'm 16 and would like the experience...
i see a lot of dumbass kids at our school get cocky.. and then get in wrecks... take your time get to know your car and slowly work on skills-- in an large large open space(huge clear parking lot).. just get expierence...

if you must race the guy to speed limit or 60 mph-- or find a REAL dragway and do it there.. much better on a dragway
Old 09-18-2002, 05:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally posted by cor
agreed.. i'd like to do one of those tracks .. i'm 16 and would like the experience...
i see a lot of dumbass kids at our school get cocky.. and then get in wrecks... take your time get to know your car and slowly work on skills-- in an large large open space(huge clear parking lot).. just get expierence...

if you must race the guy to speed limit or 60 mph-- or find a REAL dragway and do it there.. much better on a dragway
It is great to see there are still some mature young adults out there. I commend you for your maturity.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:04 AM
Kaiser Soze

Re: should I???

Hahahahhahahhaha. Hahahhahhahaha again.

Sorry, the 3.0 v6 IS slow. You have no chance against the Mustang, and no chance against the "modded" eagle talon, unless his mod was 19" inch wheels or something! The Eclipse/Talon/Jetta and even probably Grand Prix will walk you easy...

Although, with that powerful 30 fwhp exhaust... maybe I'm wrong.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Racer

lol, acuraclfan, race this guy. if he is stock you should do alright...like i tell the other guys i have raced an auto and standard and won both times.....granted it was probably 1/4 car length...but it made me feel good. let me know and if you can come back with the same results that i did... maybe some of these typeS's will give us more credit

i can dream can't i???
Old 09-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Kaiser Soze

Yeah, you want your credit... I'll give you your credit.

"...tryin' to get close and you're gonna get smacked..."
Old 09-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Racer

thank you cepahs
Old 09-19-2002, 06:59 PM
1st Gear

hey acuraclfan

Yo acuraclfan tell me a lil more bout your car, you hook it up with anything yet? you know what would be nice to go with your car a girl lol you got one? if you do is she hott lol? i gotta a sweet ass one what color is your car. im a lil new to all this car stuff so bear with me and help me out a lil with the technical stuff. let me know bout your car it sounds interesting.